Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To the Orthodox: Happy Pascha!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To the Orthodox: Happy Pascha!
    Posted: 20-Apr-2009 at 01:25
Originally posted by Ako

For the purposes of the record, Omar really does deserve the right to chide me most harshly if I fail to wish him a blessed Ramadan. I expect you to hold me to this, my dear Omar. It will help my ability to observe various calendars.

Did you fast during Lent Ako?
Most orthodox churches are supposed to go vegan aren't they?
Originally posted by Parnell

Is this a calendar thing? As an extremely nominal Catholic we celebrated Easter a couple of weeks ago.

It is, the orthodox easter dates are taken from the Julian calender not the Gregorian which the catholics & protestants use.
Strangely enough, for Christmas the Russians continue to use the Julian, but the greeks turn around and use the Gregorian

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2009 at 01:54
greeks use a reformed Julian not a gregorian calender for fixed dates. Small but important difference.Smile

we go vegan, but shellfish/mollusks are ok. They dont bleed or something along those lines. Most greeks over here do the last week, but it should be for the whole lent. No oils or levan bread during certian days.
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2009 at 21:03
Sorry for being late. But it's better later than never. Smile

Happy Pascha to everybody !!!
Σαυρομάτης
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12