Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ray-Ban sunglasses.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ray-Ban sunglasses.
    Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:11
    Walking down the Avenue Joffre in the French Concession last night wearing my Ray-bans, man I looked like the meanest gangsta boss...Clap
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:12
And I thought you were some kind of Manchu Eight Banner cavalryman :P
[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:13
You know how they have the Aviators and Wayfarers? Now they have the Cavalryman.
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:15
Cool, I always wanted to have this bizarre banner cavalryman outlook while walking down the streets of downtown Ankara :D

Steppes History Forum
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:18
Do they allow horses on the streets of Ankara? We have mounted police here in Mukden, but we're like the home of the Banner Cavalryman.
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:20
Not really but no one can do anything if you make a parade of horror with a bunch of steppe riders armed from head-to-toe. If you come here, bring a few Manchu riders with you so that we can all party around.

Steppes History Forum
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:23
Yeah if only our bows and arrows and daggers can make it pass customs. The overland route takes too long. Manchuria to Anatolia we're talking here...lol 
    Hey BTW, Tobodai mentioned the other day in a post in the Steppe Forum that he'd be interested in something similar too...maybe we can send him a PM.
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:29
Pass customs? You can override them, you know ;) Dude, Manchu riders already went all the way from Mukden to Kashghar, the way from Kashghar to Ankara is the same amount (maybe shorter), I'm sure you would do that easily ;) We can launch raid on Istanbul and cross to the Greek islands too, ya' know. Our Cavalryman sunglasses would be more useful there.

Yeah it would be very nice if Tobodai can join us in our party.

Steppes History Forum
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:32
Originally posted by babyblue

Do they allow horses on the streets of Ankara?

They need it to pull their carts now that it's illegal to use Kurdish and Armenian boys.
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:34
Yeah that's true in the fullest sense-override them! Yeah getting from Mukden to Kashgar is one thing, trekking Tian Shan is another you know. Oh well, the Mongols did it, don't see why we can't. We came up with the Ray-Ban Cavalryman for the snow, we can use it when we cross Tian Shan too.
    But hey, I heard Sephodym will be coming too. There's been quite a bit of animosity between him and Tobodai lately...
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:34
Yeah, those bloody EU-integration laws banned the useage of those things, unfortunately.

Steppes History Forum
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:35
Originally posted by Reginmund

Originally posted by babyblue

Do they allow horses on the streets of Ankara?

They need it to pull their carts now that it's illegal to use Kurdish and Armenian boys.

Illegal? Have the Turks lost their minds? We still use Han Chinese here to pull carts.
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:35
Indeed dear Babyblue, the Tang also did cross the Tianshan.

Steppes History Forum
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:36
Yes dear Babyblue, you don't integrate to the EU :(

Steppes History Forum
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:36
Originally posted by ihsan

Indeed dear Babyblue, the Tang also did cross the Tianshan.

According to some maps, Ihsan. I don't know which to believe.
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:40
Oh c'mon, I read a lot of info from Jiu Tangshu and Xin Tangshu regarding Tang operations in the Tianshan. Besides, the Battle of Talas was fought in the other side of the range :D

But hell, you know what, if we unite forces, we can get some Greek boys to run our carts.

Steppes History Forum
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:45
I have no doubt you're more knowledged in the field than I am. And oh, have you seen that old Chinese movie Warriors of Heaven and Earth?

Greek boys pulling our carts a great idea! "Take this to the other side of the Bosphorus!"
20 or so minutes later..."Now come back!" LOL
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:48
Thanx dude, but you're the Sinified-Manchu guy, you're supposed to know better than I do :p

Yeah I watched that movie. Nice one, but wish they had portrayed the Tujue more accurately :-/ At least, better that nothing. Guess it was the Tujue and Tokharians who first developed the idea of sunglasses in the deserts of East Turkistan (and down with that Sino-name "Xinjiang", that sucks big time).

Haha that's a wonderful idea :D :D We can use some Bulgarians and Syriacs too, to add some flavour :D

Steppes History Forum
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:51
All information relating to our ancestors were destroyed during the Cultural Revolution, *sigh*, but I do know that my original surname was something like Aisingioro. They say it's got something to do with gold?
   You know, if we make it to Anatolia, that will be Xinjiang...lol

ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2009 at 15:54
Aisingioro.... Hmm that sounds familiar... Guess that's a name made up by Bernardo Bertolucci, right?

Don't worry, Anatolia won't be Xinjiang as long as I would be here ;)

Steppes History Forum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>