Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Excavation in Cyprus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Excavation in Cyprus
    Posted: 17-Apr-2009 at 00:32
I was invited to take part in an Archaeological excavation in Cyprus so I am looking at various grants such as:

The Institute for Aegean Pre-History:
The Institute for Aegean Prehistory (INSTAP) is a private operating foundation; opportunities to participate in the organization's activities are given only for the purpose of allowing and encouraging persons to study Aegean prehistory with expectation of research publication under the direct supervision of the institute. The goal of the Institute's grant program is to promote knowledge of the Aegean region, and to support archaeological fieldwork and research in that area in the chronological span of the Neolithic Period through to the First Olympiad in 776 BC.
www.aegeanprehistory.net

I emailed them and it is a bit late but does can anyone else suggest grants for archaology?

I will have to write a proposal so I will have to research the best way to write one so any suggestions there????

So far the chair at my former university will not have her proposal done for six weeks so I cannot write one till she is done.

I have my Greek language CD's out to prepare me so I am ready to go-
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Maciej View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maciej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2009 at 03:18
I guess my first question is, what is the purpose of this excavation? I can more easily point you towards specific foundations then. Also, have you tried the University that is sponsoring the dig? It's usually easiest to get funding from whoever is originally sponsoring the excavation.

Post Reply Post Reply