Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAzeris and Armenians closest in Caucasus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Emil_Diniyev View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Azeris and Armenians closest in Caucasus
    Posted: 21-Mar-2009 at 14:53
What do u think?

US scientists: “Azerbaijanis and Armenians are closest peoples in Caucasus”

Los Angeles. Husniyya Hasanova-APA. Azerbaijanis and Armenians are closest peoples in Caucasus, concluded Ivan Nasidze and Mark Stonek, Professors of Anthropology Department of the Pennsylvania State University after they have researched DNK code of 9 Caucasian peoples, APA US bureau reports.

The scientists took blood samples from 353 unrelated representatives of the Caucasian peoples- Azerbaijani, Georgian, Armenian, Kabardin, Ingush, Chechen, Abkhaz, Circassian and Dargin and researched similarity between these samples. They have concluded despite that Azerbaijanis belong to Altai group and Armenians � to Indo-European group, both are closest people. The scientists supposed that both peoples were very closest 1300-1400 years ago. Oguz movement to Azerbaijan resulted with the approach of Azerbaijani language to Altai group over the past eleven centuries. Armenians got their modern language under the influence of Indo-European group.

http://en.apa.az/news.php?id=46700

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 21-Mar-2009 at 15:15
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2009 at 15:24
I don't see anything surprising in this.  If Islam wouldn't be introduced to Caucasus, perhaps Azerbaijan and Armenia would belong to the same cultural realm now.
Σαυρομάτης
Ardashir View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2009 at 15:51
It proves that the Oghuz invaders of Azerbaijan left very little genetic impact on the local people.

Shalom
http://khakokhoon.blogfa.com
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2009 at 16:48
Sorry but whats the obsession of Azeri Turks?

Actually, I don't see any difference between Azeris and nomadic Oghuz tribes, you are the same Turks. Get over it.
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2009 at 17:17
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Sorry but whats the obsession of Azeri Turks?

Actually, I don't see any difference between Azeris and nomadic Oghuz tribes, you are the same Turks. Get over it.

Thanks, yeah we are Turks. LOL

I don't see any insulting in this, i mean yes we are a Turkic people.

But we are also the biggest ethnic group in Caucasia.

7 million in Azerbaijan Republic, 300 thousounds in Georgia and 200 thousounds in Dagestan.

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2009 at 17:30
I never wanted to insult, you are just some Turkic immigrants who mixed with Caucasians, so you are not actually Caucasian.
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2009 at 17:34

I never wanted to insult, you are just some Turkic immigrants who mixed with Caucasians, so you are not actually Caucasian.

Thats neither Armenians, so that we are closest with Armenians aren't that we are Caucasian. Confused

Armenians do not speak Caucasian language and they are not originally from Caucasia. Wink

They are also much lesser Caucasian then us, as geographically they live farther south, their only neighbouring Caucasian speaking nation are Georgians. While we are neighbours with Chechens and Dagestanis too besides Georgians. So we have much more Caucasian in us.

If u look at cultures u will see it too. For exampell traditional cloths, dancing etc....Armenians have barely anything like Caucasian, i m afraid. They are also only nation of Caucasus that dosen't have Lezginka dance. We are by far more Caucasian.

So don't worry, Cyrus. Wink

And yes, we are Turkic immigrants. LOL

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 21-Mar-2009 at 17:39
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2009 at 19:26
Hello to you all

Well it isn't surprising. Azerbaijan was controlled by Arabs and had its nobility annihilated from day one and the people there were already in dispute with the church and nobles. The arrival of Islam and some Turkic peoples in Azerbaijan particularly accelerated cultural assimilation and Turkification.

AL-Jassas

Edited by Al Jassas - 21-Mar-2009 at 19:28
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2009 at 22:33
I don't think a sample size of 353 can be used to represent an estimated 20-40 million people. It doesn't make much sense for Azeri and Armenians to be the closest in the Caucasus, Armenians didn't have a large presence in the Caucasus untill relatively recently. They should be more similar to the Turks in Eastern Anatolia, especially in regions with supposed muslim Armenian groups like the Hemshins. There are many non-Turkic muslim ethnic groups in the Caucasus other than Azeri Turks and logically they would mix with these people more due to being muslim. Especially in North Azerbaycan near Dagestan, other Turkic groups and Caucasus muslims have often mixed and had families together so I would expect them to be more similar to each other.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2009 at 23:38

It's actually believed that a large Western part of Caucasian Albania was gradually absorbed by Armenia starting from 2 BC to 4 AD and the local Albanian were "Armenized," while the Eastern Albanian territiories that remained independent were influenced by Islamic culture and later by Oghuz tribe thus a new Azeri ethos was created.

As about the similarities between Armenians and Azeris, we know that Armenians themselves are divided into Western and Eastern groups. Those who genetically are close to Azeris should most likely be the Eastern Armenians, while the Western Armenians should be indeed more close to Anatolians.

Σαυρομάτης
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2009 at 20:49

What does this study mean by "Azeri"? If by "Azeri" you mean the Azeris south of the Arax river (the original Azeris), then there might be some connection to Armenians, although I don't know about them being the "closest".

If by "Azeri" you mean the citizens of modern Azerbaijan, then they might be even closer. However, these people were not originally "Azeris". Before 1918 there was no such thing as an Azeri nation north of the Arax river. The main ethnic groups of the region which make up modern Azerbaijani citizens are Tatars, Lezgins, Talysh and some Kurds. So does this genetic study only look at samples of Tatars, or does "Azeri" include Lezgins, Talysh and Kurds as well?
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Evrenosgazi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2009 at 22:13

Why are you always defining other members nationality. If I call an Iranian as  for example "you are just some Iranian highlander who mixed with Arabs" would you take it as a normal comment. I dont understand the Iranian forum members enmity against the turkic people.
pebbles View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2009 at 09:21
Originally posted by Emil_Diniyev

You are just some Turkic immigrants who mixed with Caucasians so you are not actually Caucasian.

Thats neither Armenians, so that we are closest with Armenians aren't that we are Caucasian. Confused

Armenians do not speak Caucasian language and they are not originally from Caucasia. Wink

They are also much lesser Caucasian than us, as geographically they live farther south, their only neighbouring Caucasian speaking nation are Georgians. While we are neighbours with Chechens and Dagestanis too besides Georgians. So we have much more Caucasian in us.

And yes, we are Turkic immigrants. LOL

LOL .... ROFLOL

Excuse me for barging in,what is this obsession of being " Caucasian "  Confused !?  Even India sub-continent and northern Africa ( excluding Negroid population ) nationalities are classified as " Caucasoid ".

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2009 at 09:30
Originally posted by Evrenosgazi

Why are you always defining other members nationality. If I call an Iranian as  for example "you are just some Iranian highlander who mixed with Arabs" would you take it as a normal comment. I dont understand the Iranian forum members enmity against the turkic people.
I never do it, it is Emil_Diniyev who is defining other members nationality, he himself knows what he, like you, said, I just replaced "Iranian" with "Turk" and "Arab" with "Caucasian".
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2009 at 09:47
Originally posted by pebbles

LOL .... ROFLOL

Excuse me for barging in,what is this obsession of being " Caucasian "  Confused !?  Even India sub-continent and northern Africa ( excluding Negroid population ) nationalities are classified as " Caucasoid ".

look before you leap

Caucasian as in from the Caucasus
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2009 at 14:14
Pebbles

Have you never heard of the Caucasus region? at least do a little research before making accusations.

There are many ethnic groups in the Caucasus including Caucasus, Turkic, Iranic, Russian etc etc and many religions practiced including Islam, Christianity, Judaism and even Buddhism.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Afsar Beghi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2009 at 15:18
Armenians are Turks also!LOL
Again some US scientists who try to bring soe chaos with small scale tests.
Dadaloğlum bir gun kavga kurulur,
Oter tufek davlumbazlar vurulur,
Nice ko yiğitler yere serilir,
Olen lr kalan sağlar bizimdir!
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2009 at 15:26
Alright.  Everyone has put in their 2 cents on this well-worn topic and has brought it to the point at which it must inevitably arrive.  Topic closed.
 Post Reply Post Reply