Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cleopatra!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
MythTR View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MythTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cleopatra!!
    Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 21:32

Yes, today I saw on the news , Cleopatra was not a greek, she was an african, the scientist resarched Cleopatra's sister's bones and they noticed they were african.

What do you say about this topic ?

Thank you!

Edited by MythTR - 16-Mar-2009 at 21:32
We Turks are a people who throughout our history have been the very embodiment of freedom&independence
Mustafa Kemal ATATURK
Vorian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Vorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 21:52
This is getting ridiculous. Cleopatra would be either Greek or mixed Greek-Egyptian. Scientists bullshit as usual, they are still not sure if they found Philips' bones let alone Cleopatra's sister. And what the hell is an african bone? (pun intended)
Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Jams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 21:53
Lol, I posted a link in the "Moors were Black" thread.

Notice this:
"was part African, says a BBC team which believes it has found her sister's tomb"

The info in the article isn't substantial enough to make any kind of conclusion - about anything.

Edited by Jams - 16-Mar-2009 at 21:58
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 21:56
Originally posted by MythTR

Yes, today I saw on the news , Cleopatra was not a greek, she was an african, the scientist resarched Cleopatra's sister's bones and they noticed they were african.

Thank you!

By African what do you mean?
Do you mean a black African? Can you post a link to this news brief?

MythTR I hope you do not believe everything you see on the news. I would do your own research and find out. This sounds like a bunch of Afro - centric baloney. She was a Macedonian and whether the Macedonians were Greek or not is another debate.

one source which disputes such a claim- multiple authors.

Black Athena Revisited by Mary R. Lefkowitz

Edited by eaglecap - 16-Mar-2009 at 22:00
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 22:03

Thank you!

What I think?

In the nicest way possible - I would have to say that that claim is retarded.

The good ole' Ptolemy dynasty had more inbreeding than a genuine backwoods Alabama' hillbilly reunion.

If Cleopatra was African ( another misnomer as African does not automatically equal "black" skin color)... then Hannibal must have been Black Jesus' & Lord Zenu's love-child.

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 22:17
Originally posted by es_bih

Thank you!

What I think?

In the nicest way possible - I would have to say that that claim is retarded.

The good ole' Ptolemy dynasty had more inbreeding than a genuine backwoods Alabama' hillbilly reunion.

If Cleopatra was African ( another misnomer as African does not automatically equal "black" skin color)... then Hannibal must have been Black Jesus' & Lord Zenu's love-child.

LOLClap
Clap
That Xenu was a busy boy wasn't he!

We have spoken so many times and in so many threads about the possible ethnic/phenotypic makeup of our dear Cleo, if she were alive and saw us going on like this I dare say she would quickly reach for the closest asp...

The lady's geneology is well traced, and with her largely Macedonian and (tiny bit of) Persian ancestry, it is distinctly possible she had fair features. Failing that, she would certainly have the usual olive complexion and features of her fellow Hellenes from which her disturbingly interbred family was originated.
MythTR View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote MythTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 22:40
I only wanted to open a topic which contains interesting things.

I was not waiting racist comments , please don't say to me you are racist after the happens look the sentence from Vorian : " Scientists bullshit as usual, they are still not sure if they found Philips' bones let alone Cleopatra's sister. And what the hell is an african bone? " If I say this ...........

I forgot add link

yes same link.

Edited by MythTR - 16-Mar-2009 at 22:41
We Turks are a people who throughout our history have been the very embodiment of freedom&independence
Mustafa Kemal ATATURK
Vorian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Vorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 22:49

I only wanted to open a topic which contains interesting things.

I was not waiting racist comments , please don't say to me you are racist after the happens look the sentence from Vorian : " Scientists bullshit as usual, they are still not sure if they found Philips' bones let alone Cleopatra's sister. And what the hell is an african bone? " If I say this ...........

I forgot add link

yes same link.

I am being racist now? Really? Well at least I am not a Greek right MythTR? Oh wait....

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 22:50
Apart from the obvious, Cleopatra was African, Egypt was in Africa last time I looked.

I believe the research was done using craneology, so not a credible science at least.

Finally the whole Ptolomy dynasty is full of queens who little of nothing about there heritage is known, so to be quite honest Cleopatra could have been anything, we'll never know. Personally I think she was dayglo pink with lemon poker dots.

Edited by Paul - 17-Mar-2009 at 13:27
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
pebbles View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote pebbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2009 at 00:43

Yes, today I saw on the news , Cleopatra was not a Greek, she was an African, the scientist resarched Cleopatra's sister's bones and they noticed they were African.

Neither is former US  president George W Bush an Englishman,he's an American ( of English ancestry though ).The Bush family has little " Hispanic blood " from Jeb Bush's marriage to Mexican national named Columba and his sons do look " Latino ".

Cleopatra was an Egyptian Queen of Alexandria in Africa,whom descended from Greek family.

Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2009 at 02:34

This is just a theory. It is most likely that Cleopatra was of Greek/Egyptian decent.

What is the officer problem?
pebbles View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote pebbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2009 at 03:26
Originally posted by Darius of Parsa

This is just a theory. It is most likely that Cleopatra was of Greek/Egyptian decent.

Greek patrilineal descent with possible admixture of indigenous Egyptian.

Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2009 at 03:42
Originally posted by pebbles

Originally posted by Darius of Parsa

Greek patrilineal descent with possible admixture of indigenous Egyptian.

Correct.
What is the officer problem?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2009 at 03:52
I just want to see a picture of the "scientist"...
I bet I know how the "scientist" looks like...
Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Jams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2009 at 13:20

I'm not surprised...

Still, I'm sure this will be included in the Afrocentrists arsenal of "evidence" for future reference.

Edited by Jams - 17-Mar-2009 at 14:04
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2009 at 19:30

Now that made me laugh and it is so true!!
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2009 at 19:40
What I found so tragic is that Afrocentrists don't have a single Subsaharan heroe, and that they always forget the actual land from where their ancestors are.
pebbles View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote pebbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2009 at 04:40
Originally posted by pinguin

What I found so tragic is that Afrocentrists don't have a single Subsaharan heroe and that they always forget the actual land where their ancestors are from.

How about the great legendary Shaka Zulu,no Shocked  !?  I guess this character is too " Negroid " and Sub-Sahara Africa,just like them self-loathing selves  Embarrassed 

calvo View Drop Down
General
General

Quote calvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2009 at 08:23
There's no need to discard this scientific discovery as a pure Afro-centrist lie....yet!

From what I've read, it is that the analysis of the bones of Cleopatra's sister reveals sub-saharan African lineage; which could be true. But there is a fair distance between "having sub-saharan lineage" and being "black".
For example, up to 4% of native Iberians and Britons also have sub-saharan lineage, which basically means that one of the recent ancestors came from Sub-saharan Africa; but they are certainly not "black". I might have sub-saharan lineage that I don't know of!

Cleopatra was of Greek-Macedonian patrilineal descent; the matrilineal side could have been Egyptians and Persian. Bearing in mind that the Egyptian aristocracy had absorbed genes from the surrounding peoples from the Syrians to the Nubians; there is not reason why there shouldn't be any sub-saharan lineages present.

Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Jams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2009 at 13:47
It's possible, but it's based on measurements recorded long time ago, and thus not very strong evidence, imho. Cleo may have SSA ancestry, but the article doesn't really prove anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>