Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats going on in Kyrgyzstan?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Snafu View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Snafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats going on in Kyrgyzstan?
    Posted: 25-Mar-2005 at 02:26
There seems to be a lot of unrest. I didn't realize the country was so unstable. Does anyone have any insight into what's going on? Who are the rebels and what was wrong with the old government?
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2005 at 02:32
Seems like they overthrew the old government..

I think it was because of corruption.
perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2005 at 03:50

Originally posted by Gubook Janggoon

Seems like they overthrew the old government..

I think it was because of corruption.

Askar akayav is over !  this guy fled to Kazkistan ! not only corruption ,a lot of problems ,I hope everything is going well there !

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2005 at 11:17
Aksar Akayev was building his own dynasty of northern society. He was placing his family members and some rich families' members from north in the National Assmebly. That is why the "Tulip Revolution" happened...
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2005 at 12:23
It was basicaly just coruption and rigged elections.  I knew they had some problems ovver there, but I didn't think it was close to this bad.  I think everything will end up fine.  I've seen it on American news rarely, has anyone seen this story on Turkish T.V.?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 13:38

I've seen it only a few times on US channels. I read about it on the internet though, there's plenty of stuff about it if you use a search engine like Google. It's good to see that they aren't tolerating rigged elections.

Berosus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Berosus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2005 at 06:08
I believe this is part of a movement to spread democracy to as many former Soviet republics as possible.  First Georgia, then Ukraine, now Kyrgyzstan. Who's next, Moldova?

I'll be watching to see if this revolution spills over into the rest of Central Asia.  The Kyrgyz, after all, were the first ex-Soviets to use their own currency (the som) instead of the ruble.
Nothing truly great is achieved through moderation.--Prof. M.A.R. Barker
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2005 at 16:06
Do you think all these regime changes in these old Soviet republics are just for democracy or just the actions of some freedom fighter civilians? You should realize that USA is placing its puppet reggimes...
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2005 at 23:48
I don't think it's just for democracy, I'd say it's mainly to stop corruption.
 Post Reply Post Reply