Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dating Ad's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dating Ad's
    Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 10:38
Liek what in the hell is w/ the dating ad's in our posts and topics? They are a nuisance!!!Confused 
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 11:37
They (along with all the other advertisements) help pay for AE to be around Embarrassed 
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 14:03
oh! If they pay AE then I am now ok w/ them. 
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 14:32
Yeah, it helps pay for AE, which allows you to learn some history and maybe even find a pretty girl!Tongue

What more can you ask for, right?
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 14:50
Wouldn't commercials for books or something make more sense? Or do they assume there are lots of lonely boys around here?LOL
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 14:57
LOL They must assume there is allot of lonely boy here...LOLLOLLOL
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2009 at 18:39
I just have learned to ignore them but if it supports A&E then I do not have a problem with it.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Jallaludin Akbar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Jallaludin Akbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2009 at 20:03
so basically this lis like the google adsense thing where you get payed for clicks. Sure! i just clicked on 2..its supporting the forum
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 01:25
Its exactly the google adsense thing.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 01:40
Yep just clicked on one for family lawyers for a change, just because I had seen the Ukrainian and Muslim bride ones enough times already.
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2009 at 12:59
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

Wouldn't commercials for books or something make more sense? Or do they assume there are lots of lonely boys around here?LOL

Oh yes - books would be great, but then you need to start talking about books and buying books.
The ads will try to reflect the text on the pages. I remember when we discussed who preferred manual shift or automatic transmissions, and suddenly the ads were all about transmission repair etc.

Anyways - if no one have paid Google for showing ads about books, we won't see any.  

We are doing ok with the ads so long the members remember to check a few ads every day. A small price for securing a good service for the forum - if you ask me.

Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2009 at 13:16

In my last post, I mentioned the word "transmission".

Look what came up in the thread today: Smile

Post Reply Post Reply