Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10 greatest presidents

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Claüse View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Claüse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 greatest presidents
    Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 06:03
Originally posted by TranHungDao

For me:

1.  FDR:  Too much to list.
2.  Lincoln:  Civil War.
3.  Washington:  Father of country, blah blah blah.  Can't tell a lie, blah, blah, blah.  Refused kingship.  WOW.
4.  Jefferson:  Louisiana Purchase, Constitution, etc.  My favourite prez.  Frankly, I've got a giant mancrush on TJ. Embarrassed
5.  Teddy Roosevelt:  Shoots bears.
6.  Harry Truman:  WWII, Fair Deal
7. Andrew Jackson:  Civil War hero
8.  Woodrow Wilson:  WWI, League of Nations

9.  Madison:  I love his wife's delicious cakes & donuts.

10  Bill Clinton:  22 Million new jobs, 8 years of peace & prosperity (dude had good karma), CHIP, portable insurance, Balkan Crisis, Ireland, etc., etc.,   Nailed Big Tobacco, NRA, Microsoft, and Monica Lewinsky.  Remember, he was term limited.  Compare him at the end of his second term to FDR at the end of his.  I've got a giant mancrush on Bill too.  Embarrassed

11.  IKE:  End of Korean War, 8 years of peace and prosperity, integrated military (civil rights)
15.  LBJ:  Civil Rights, Great Society
16.  Nixon:  Impeached, Détente
19.  Reagan:  Cold War, Prosperity, Trickle-Down Voo-Doo economics, Iran Contra, trained & funded bin Laden and Taliban against Soviets, Lebanon disaster, Grenada joke
20.  JFK:  Marilyn Monroe, Camelot BS, but a good liberal.
25.  Bush Sr.:  Recession, successfull invasions of Nicaragua, Iraq.  Somalia famine relief.
26.  Jimmy Carter:  Stagflation.  Nice guy, good liberal.
27.  Barack Obama:  This is my prediction, btw.  Empty suit, incessant race-baiter.  Even though I'm a liberal Dem, I don't like this guy at all.  Although I suppose he's a good liberal.  Ermm

Here's a rather telling glimpse into the The ONE™, YouTube Vid:  What he did to his friend and mentor, Alice Palmer, and three other African American candidates in 1996.

44.  Bush Jr.:  $10.7 Trillion debt., $500 Billion deficits, Iraq quagmire, Afghan quagmire, Deep Recession, Enron, Banking/Housing collaspe, Katrina, etc., etc.  The only good thing he ever did was the $15 BILLION in African AIDs relief.

BTW, anyone who includes JFK or Ronald "Iran-Contra" Reagan in the top 10 really needs to be whipped.  And anyone who doesn't put Dubya at 44 needs to be shot.

sigh, liberals
well for one you list andrew jackson as a Civil war hero, when he died in 1845 but alright.
you list the league of nations as an accomplishment of woodrow wilson when it failed, but I suppose you meant its relation to todays united nations which is just as fail as the league.
Everyone is judging Reagen in heinz sight of course, if the taliban hadnt become such a terrible organization, everyone would still be applauding Reagen for helping them against the suppresive USSR. The most sickening part is you listed jimmy Carter who is a traitor scumbag, who sympathizes for terrorists and didnt do and hasnt done a single good thing for our country, that truely sickens me you think he is a good man.
As for listing George Bush last I'd have to say Hoover who led our country into the Great Depression was by far the most hated and unpopular president there has ever been.
JFK was the last of the good respectfull patriotic democrats.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 06:22

Originally posted by AksumVanguard

Not necessarily actually he was very witty and played both sides in Iran- Iraq war, in Iran-Iraq he was very witty were he supplied weapons to both sides and let them drain out both the countries economies . Remember alot of the mess he was cleaning up was Jimmy Carter's mistake  don't think it was his idea to support the Khomeni Ayotollah and it was Carter's adminstration that even supported and fed  the Shahs reign,Reagans strategy of straddling the fence seemed to be most effective I think even Bush  liked it. He smoked out terrioist Abu Nidal  linked to the PLO and put a halt to aggresive manuevers,and even helped the Afghanistan and Russain war when he was in office.

In the Afghanistan and Russian war he didn't think to much of post -mujahadeen warriors in the aftermath. He was intent on destroying his enemies his biggest enemy at the time was Mickael Gorbchev and Left -Wings ,but he was effective.

He was a crusader against communism and battled the Sandistas in Nicuragua,by funding the FDN,of course we know the burdens of comming with that . But like a real president he supports the Rich's interest and not the majority.

I totally concur, though not necessarily point for point. 

A lot of F'd up stuff during those crazy Iran-Contra days, including the arming and training of bin Laden, selling arms to Iran, and protecting Saddam at the UN (veto power) when Saddam gassed the Kurds with American made chemical agents.

Originally posted by AksumVanguard

Barack Obama- For running the best campaign and actually has very little history .

And what comic book reality are you quoting from?

Excuse me, but you definitely need to whipped for this one.  No, the man most responsible for electing Barack is Bush.  In 2000 and 2004, Bush ran on his whiteness and won.  He ran as a good ol' boy.  Then he screwed up so bad that Obama, a "black guy", was able to run on "Change".  (BTW, "change" was a key theme of Bill Clinton in 1992, as well as John Edwards in 2004.  "Hope" was another key Bill Clinton theme in 1992, as well as Jesse Jackson's in 1988.  Virtually all of Obama best lines are borrowed or stolen.  Not an exaggeration.)

The word "change" is a loaded word to say the least.  In Barack "typical white person" Obama's case, it was racially loaded.  What he was really saying was:  These corrupt white people have screwed up everything, only I, Barack Obama, the righteous black man, the noble civil rights lawyer, can save this country.  Truth is the guy has never argued a single case nor written a single scholarly paper in his life.  Despite being a former Harvard Law Review president, working 8 years a "civil rights" lawyer, and 12 years a "professor" of law.  Like Bush Jr., who also graduated from Harvard, he's exceptionally unaccomplished in his chosen field.  Truth is, the guy was working as a junior 1st or 2nd year lawyer the entire time he was employed at the prestigious law firm he boasted endlessly about during the campaign.  He was nothing more than a pencil and paper pusher, doing tedious and trivial bureaucratic research--doing irrelevant paper work.

Obama is very adept at using loaded language, particularly racially loaded language.  Case in point his breathtaking claim about not taking money from oil companies:  "I want to bring change to Washington...   I don't take money from oil companies."   Talk about a loaded statement.  Confused

Nobody takes money for oil companies since it's been illegal for 100 years as Bill Clinton immediately rebutted.  Translation:  I, Barack Obama the righteous black man, don't take money from oil companies, but all the others do.  All those "typical white" politicians do.  Bush does. Cheney does.  Hillary Clinton does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e84X7pjJWZk
---Fox exposes Obama using Bill Clinton's criticism without crediting Bill Clinton.  Fox is a joke, but they do report the truth once in a while.  Embarrassed

Understand that Obama effectively, slyly, machiavellianly ran as a civil rights leader, a modern day Martin Luther King, a brilliant legal titan like African American Justice Thurgood Marshall, and an American Nelson Mandela no less.  He's an suit who never accomplished anything in his life borrowing other men's clothes.  Once he put it on, he had the black community and the typical white liberal eating out of his hands.

Ask yourself this question:  Would Dr. King play the race card?  Of course not, he was a man who fought for justice and equality and paid for it with his life.  This is why Obama was able to play the race card time after time and get away with it.  Liberal, progressive minded people would never question Dr. King and hence would never question anyone (so seemingly) like him.

As a young man, Thurgood Marshall was a legal lion who successfully argued landmark case after landmark case before the Supreme court--a righteous man, a bona fide legal genius.  Nelson Mandela is a man universally regarded a paragon of virtue.  These three noble men (King, Marshall, and Mendela) all paid their dues and all were exceptionally accomplished.  The Affirmative Action Harvard-educated coke-head Obama brazenly put on their clothes and easily fooled gullible liberals, particularly blacks who he repeatedly trashed as needing "personal responsibility", i.e. he was saying to moderate whites (as opposed to liberal whites who were already eating out of his hands), "I'm black, but I'm not that black!"

Note that in Obama campaign ads, he was constantly surrounding himself with whites, like some holy and blessed "golden child" so different from his mother, with no earthly father, a Messiah no less:

Madonna and Child

Obama The Child

All of his dark skinned relatives were conspicuously missing from his ads, particularly his dark skinned father, whom supposedly inspired one of his books:  Dreams From My Father.  No mention of his half brothers and sisters in Kenya, much less pictures.  He barely even showed his beloved half sister who's 1/2 Indonesian.  Of course, he left out the fact that his extended relatives who are running Kenya into the ground with that "typical African" corruption.

Father and the Son he abandoned.  Son then runs for prez always careful NOT to show his own father's pics.

Father and Mother, or "a boy from Kenya and a girl from Kansas..."

Obama surrounds himself with "typical white people" in campaing ad after campaign ad, just two examples below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aR3Gpsn4v4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAFCLo4gPs

Mind you, I liked Obama a lot when he gave that rousing speech at the 2004 Dem. National Convention.  I was really hoping he would rise and run for prez some day.  But after two years of doing nothing but posing?!?  Had he beaten Hillary fair and sqare and not resorted to constant and scurrilous race-baiting, I would have enthusiastically volunteered for him.  But no, he not only played the race card incessantly, but against the both Clintons, who have impeccable civil rights credentials. F that and F him! Angry

Bill Clinton has one of the best civil rights records out there, black or white, dead or alive.  Only people like Frederick Douglas, Dr. King, Justice Marshall, Jesse Jackson, LBJ (who signed and enforced Civil Rights Bill) can beat Bill Clinton at civil rights.  Clap

There's no way a black man nor a woman could have won without a white guy like Bush screwing up so ROYALLY, time after time:   $10.7 Trillion national debt, $500 Billion deficits, $1 Trillion handed to next prez, quagmire in Iraq, quagmire in Afghanistan, deep recession, banking collapse, housing collapse, Hurricane Katrina, $4/gal gas, etc., etc., etc.

Under such conditions, there's no way another Republican, especially one linking himself to Bush, could have won--even against a black guy or a white woman.  When the banking and housing sectors collapse, the typical white person essentially said:  I don't care if he's black, I'm votin' for him!  I can't take this Bushsh!t anymore!

Make no mistake about it:  G.W. Bush is the one who truly broke the glass ceiling, ending the 230 year reign of white men in the White House.  2008 was a horrible year to run for President if you're a conservative white male.

Anyhoo, that's my two cents. Wink

My comment was "on the whole" and mainly about his Reagan anaology.

PS: Dead
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 06:25
His "dark" skinned relatives if you will were missing because the guy grew up in the USA and not in Kenya and barely has any longstanding relations with them. That is like asking an adopted child, that found out their real parents late in life, why they not replace their family portraits with the adoptive family for the one they barely know and haven't been raised by. No conspiracy there. You watched way too many X-Files episodes while writing this. 
TranHungDao View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote TranHungDao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 09:51
Originally posted by Claüse

you list the league of nations as an accomplishment of woodrow wilson when it failed, but I suppose you meant its relation to todays united nations which is just as fail as the league.

Yes, I knew the League of Nations failed.  But it lead to the UN. Ermm

Look, if I was the typical liberal, I would have mentioned that Lincoln at times defended slavery, Jackson's atrocities against the Indians, or Wilson's praise of "Birth of a Nation".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UPOkIpR0A  ---Birth of a Nation Trailer

Do you have any idea what this film did?  Klan recruitment, lynchings?

I guess I'm just a typical liberal.  Tongue

Everyone is judging Reagen in heinz sight of course, if the taliban hadnt become such a terrible organization, everyone would still be applauding Reagen for helping them against the suppresive USSR.

*sign*  Typical neo-con.

In your dreams.  Seriously, you're the typical neo-con living in a total fantasy world.

I'll give you a little hint:  The overthrow of Iranian democracy by IKE is the genesis of the War on Terror we are now in.  It's called blowback,Viking, my friend. Learn it.  Live it.  Love it.  Because you neocons own it.  The twisted & contorted chain of events leading to bin Laden starts with Operation Ajax and the overthrow of Mohammad Mossadegh, who was popularly elected.  Also, Reagan played midwife to the births of Osama bin Krazay and the Taliban.  It's a fact, own it.  9-11 never would have happened otherwise.

You obviously know nothing about history.  Bravo. Clap Clap Clap

The most sickening part is you listed jimmy Carter who is a traitor scumbag, who sympathizes for terrorists and didnt do and hasnt done a single good thing for our country, that truely sickens me you think he is a good man.

LOL, the Bush's are friends with the bin Ladens.  Talk about pallin' around with terrorists.

Reagan was selling arms for hostages.  Helping both the Iranians and the Iraqis during the Iran-Iraq War.  It's  fact, look it up.

LOL, if you want a TREASONOUS war criminal, here ya go...  Tongue

As for listing George Bush last I'd have to say Hoover who led our country into the Great Depression was by far the most hated and unpopular president there has ever been.

How many quagmires did Hoover get the US into?

On top of Katrina, banking collapse, housing collapse, $4/gal gas, exploding illegal immigration, self-immolating outsourcing/insourcing of foreign labor, $1 Trillion deficit handed to Obama, $10.7 Trillion national debt, your boy Dubya got us into two. Dead Dead

Overrated.  Stop watching Oliver Stone's mancrush fantasies.  His recent movie "W" is far more accurate.

It was Kennedy who got the US into Vietnam, the first defeat for the US.  Iraq may be the second.  If not then Afghanistan should be.  I'm a bit biased here, not because he got the US into Vietnam, but because the Ted and Caroline got jealous of the Clintons and backed that vaccuous and divisive race-baiter Obama over my girl Hillary.  Otherwise, the Clinton dynasty would completely overshadow that of the Kennedy's. Embarrassed

Edited by TranHungDao - 19-Feb-2009 at 10:03
Earl
Earl

Quote TranHungDao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 09:53
Reagan is the man most responsible for 9-11.  Afghanistan in the 1980's, with bin Laden and the Talian. is his baby.  And his alone. Ermm
Earl
Earl

Quote TranHungDao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 10:00
Originally posted by es_bih

His "dark" skinned relatives if you will were missing because the guy grew up in the USA and not in Kenya and barely has any longstanding relations with them. That is like asking an adopted child, that found out their real parents late in life, why they not replace their family portraits with the adoptive family for the one they barely know and haven't been raised by. No conspiracy there. You watched way too many X-Files episodes while writing this. 

Lol, he wrote a book about his father for god's sake:

What about Obama's sister Maya?

Didn't see much of her at all, nor her Asian husband.

LOL, it's not an accident he showcased only his WHITE mother and WHITE grandparents for the purpose of convincing the typical white person that:  I'm black, but I'm not that black!

Earl
Earl

Quote TranHungDao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 10:26
Originally posted by es_bih

My comment was "on the whole" and mainly about his Reagan anaology.

PS: Dead

Actually I knew this.  Confused

Just borrowing your line since I thought it was a good zinger. Ermm

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 11:00

If you're going to pick on someone for getting Andrew Jackson wrong, you ought to make sure of your own examples. Hoover didn't lead the US into the Great Depression, it was well on the way when he came into office. (The actual crash was only some six months later.) Saying he led the US into the depression is like saying Bush Jr led the US into 9/11, or Lincoln led the US into the Civil War.

If any president is to be blamed for the great depression it must be Coolidge, although mostly because he did nothing to stop the runaway debt growth and financial jiggery-pokery of the '20s rather than because of anything positive he did.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2009 at 01:41

Tran like I said his family isn't "American," if they were they would have been paraded around, too. It could have been just as well cast of a show, "the perfect melting pot family produces the perfect president," and you still would have had the same campaign effect. I don't think it was about color for him, but about Americaness. Remember he after all is part 2nd generation immigrant, not too many of those run for the executive office. Although several have for gubernatorial offices successfully, Blagojevich, Jindal are two that come to mind.
Claüse View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Claüse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2009 at 04:24

Look, if I was the typical liberal, I would have mentioned that Lincoln at times defended slavery, Jackson's atrocities against the Indians, or Wilson's praise of "Birth of a Nation".

Everyone is judging Reagen in heinz sight of course, if the taliban hadnt become such a terrible organization, everyone would still be applauding Reagen for helping them against the suppresive USSR.

*sign*  Typical neo-con.

In your dreams.  Seriously, you're the typical neo-con living in a total fantasy world.

I'll give you a little hint:  The overthrow of Iranian democracy by IKE is the genesis of the War on Terror we are now in.  It's called blowback,Viking, my friend. Learn it.  Live it.  Love it.  Because you neocons own it.  The twisted & contorted chain of events leading to bin Laden starts with Operation Ajax and the overthrow of Mohammad Mossadegh, who was popularly elected.  Also, Reagan played midwife to the births of Osama bin Krazay and the Taliban.  It's a fact, own it.  9-11 never would have happened otherwise.

The most sickening part is you listed jimmy Carter who is a traitor scumbag, who sympathizes for terrorists and didnt do and hasnt done a single good thing for our country, that truely sickens me you think he is a good man.

LOL, the Bush's are friends with the bin Ladens.  Talk about pallin' around with terrorists.

Reagan was selling arms for hostages.  Helping both the Iranians and the Iraqis during the Iran-Iraq War.  It's  fact, look it up.

On top of Katrina, banking collapse, housing collapse, $4/gal gas, exploding illegal immigration, self-immolating outsourcing/insourcing of foreign labor, $1 Trillion deficit handed to Obama, $10.7 Trillion national debt, your boy Dubya got us into two. Dead Dead

Overrated.  Stop watching Oliver Stone's mancrush fantasies.  His recent movie "W" is far more accurate.

It was Kennedy who got the US into Vietnam, the first defeat for the US.  Iraq may be the second.  If not then Afghanistan should be.  I'm a bit biased here, not because he got the US into Vietnam, but because the Ted and Caroline got jealous of the Clintons and backed that vaccuous and divisive race-baiter Obama over my girl Hillary.  Otherwise, the Clinton dynasty would completely overshadow that of the Kennedy's. Embarrassed

You just couldnt be more gay my friend
I havent seen that many smileys since clay aikens myspace page
laying blame on Reagen for 9-11 is ludacris
stop pointing fingers, something horrible happens and thats all everyone wants to do is point fingers, instead of just accepting it was the blind hate of islamic extremist
more kool-aid please.
Claüse View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Claüse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2009 at 04:30
Originally posted by gcle2003

If you're going to pick on someone for getting Andrew Jackson wrong, you ought to make sure of your own examples. Hoover didn't lead the US into the Great Depression, it was well on the way when he came into office. (The actual crash was only some six months later.) Saying he led the US into the depression is like saying Bush Jr led the US into 9/11, or Lincoln led the US into the Civil War.

If any president is to be blamed for the great depression it must be Coolidge, although mostly because he did nothing to stop the runaway debt growth and financial jiggery-pokery of the '20s rather than because of anything positive he did.
duly noted  the word "into" was a poor choice.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2009 at 04:56

*sign*  Typical neo-con.

You just couldnt be more gay my friend
I havent seen that many smileys since clay aikens myspace page
laying blame on Reagen for 9-11 is ludacris
stop pointing fingers, something horrible happens and thats all everyone wants to do is point fingers, instead of just accepting it was the blind hate of islamic extremist
more kool-aid please.

A - Read the forum protocol (no "gay" bashing, no insulting of groups, etc...) or using a group designation as an insult. We don't use "gay" as a statement for "inferior" around here.

Take that as a word of advice. Also read up on the Code of Conduct.

---------

"blind hate..."
Uhm... every action has an equal reaction... to actually think something comes from nothing is rather silly.
Red4tribe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Red4tribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2009 at 01:20
Does anyone else have a list of their own?
Had this day been wanting, the world had never seen the last stage of perfection to which human nature is capable of attaining.

George Washington - March 15, 1783

Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2009 at 08:52
Wilson was completely taken out of context. Read his biography and some of his letters:

"...no more obnoxious or harmful organization has ever shown itself in our affairs" To Senator Morrish Shephard of Texas, Link, Papers of Woodrow Wilson 68:298

He also blocked it during the war and felt he was tricked by the maker of the film, who was an old schoolfriend of his.

So yes, this Wilsonian endorsement of birth of a nation is one of the greatest pieces of bullshit in American history. He may have been southern but was quite liberal on race for his day.
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2009 at 10:48

For me:

1.  FDR:  Too much to list.
2.  Lincoln:  Civil War.
3.  Washington:  Father of country, blah blah blah.  Can't tell a lie, blah, blah, blah.  Refused kingship.  WOW.
4.  Jefferson:  Louisiana Purchase, Constitution, etc.  My favourite prez.  Frankly, I've got a giant mancrush on TJ. Embarrassed
5.  Teddy Roosevelt:  Shoots bears.
6.  Harry Truman:  WWII, Fair Deal
7. Andrew Jackson:  Civil War hero
8.  Woodrow Wilson:  WWI, League of Nations

9.  Madison:  I love his wife's delicious cakes & donuts.

10  Bill Clinton:  22 Million new jobs, 8 years of peace & prosperity (dude had good karma), CHIP, portable insurance, Balkan Crisis, Ireland, etc., etc.,   Nailed Big Tobacco, NRA, Microsoft, and Monica Lewinsky.  Remember, he was term limited.  Compare him at the end of his second term to FDR at the end of his.  I've got a giant mancrush on Bill too.  Embarrassed

11.  IKE:  End of Korean War, 8 years of peace and prosperity, integrated military (civil rights)
15.  LBJ:  Civil Rights, Great Society
16.  Nixon:  Impeached, Détente
19.  Reagan:  Cold War, Prosperity, Trickle-Down Voo-Doo economics, Iran Contra, trained & funded bin Laden and Taliban against Soviets, Lebanon disaster, Grenada joke
20.  JFK:  Marilyn Monroe, Camelot BS, but a good liberal.
25.  Bush Sr.:  Recession, successfull invasions of Nicaragua, Iraq.  Somalia famine relief.
26.  Jimmy Carter:  Stagflation.  Nice guy, good liberal.
27.  Barack Obama:  This is my prediction, btw.  Empty suit, incessant race-baiter.  Even though I'm a liberal Dem, I don't like this guy at all.  Although I suppose he's a good liberal.  Ermm

Here's a rather telling glimpse into the The ONE™, YouTube Vid:  What he did to his friend and mentor, Alice Palmer, and three other African American candidates in 1996.

44.  Bush Jr.:  $10.7 Trillion debt., $500 Billion deficits, Iraq quagmire, Afghan quagmire, Deep Recession, Enron, Banking/Housing collaspe, Katrina, etc., etc.  The only good thing he ever did was the $15 BILLION in African AIDs relief.

BTW, anyone who includes JFK or Ronald "Iran-Contra" Reagan in the top 10 really needs to be whipped.  And anyone who doesn't put Dubya at 44 needs to be shot.

sigh, liberals
well for one you list andrew jackson as a Civil war hero, when he died in 1845 but alright.
Everyone is judging Reagen in heinz sight of course, if the taliban hadnt become such a terrible organization, everyone would still be applauding Reagen for helping them against the suppresive USSR. The most sickening part is you listed jimmy Carter who is a traitor scumbag, who sympathizes for terrorists and didnt do and hasnt done a single good thing for our country, that truely sickens me you think he is a good man.

Those proud wounded warriors of Mc Cain, taking to the internet in vain!
AksumVanguard View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AksumVanguard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 21:13

Excuse me, but you definitely need to whipped for this one. 

Whoa Boy ,lets get in order now.

No, the man most responsible for electing Barack is Bush.  In 2000 and 2004, Bush ran on his whiteness and won.  He ran as a good ol' boy.  Then he screwed up so bad that Obama, a "black guy", was able to run on "Change".  (BTW, "change" was a key theme of Bill Clinton in 1992, as well as John Edwards in 2004.  "Hope" was another key Bill Clinton theme in 1992, as well as Jesse Jackson's in 1988.  Virtually all of Obama best lines are borrowed or stolen.  Not an exaggeration.)

Now let me tell you this,the best way to run  a Campaign in the game is to sustain a good name.So if he is able to backtrack and redefine previous one word slogans,then I commend his God-Given Gift.

The word "change" is a loaded word to say the least.  In Barack "typical white person" Obama's case, it was racially loaded.  What he was really saying was:  These corrupt white people have screwed up everything, only I, Barack Obama, the righteous black man, the noble civil rights lawyer, can save this country.  

I don't think you can actually give him a race card charge on this,  would you say if someone makes the word "Hope" a final cry to keep American Values alive would be signify  America is in peril.

Obama is very adept at using loaded language, particularly racially loaded language.  Case in point his breathtaking claim about not taking money from oil companies:  "I want to bring change to Washington...   I don't take money from oil companies."   Talk about a loaded statement.  Confused

Nobody takes money for oil companies since it's been illegal for 100 years as Bill Clinton immediately rebutted.  Translation:  I, Barack Obama the righteous black man, don't take money from oil companies, but all the others do.  All those "typical white" politicians do.  Bush does. Cheney does.  Hillary Clinton does.

People used Obama being a 12 year lawyer, a 8 year Senator,as reason to discredit his ability, but at least he has experience in office and has earned his stake to some degree.

I could say being a Flunky governor from Texas for 4 years is pretty ill favored.will having tensions in the middle east .

I think if  Arnold Schwarnager could be Govenor,I think a man who was in Senate and Lawyer experience should be president.

Understand that Obama effectively, slyly, machiavellianly ran as a civil rights leader, a modern day Martin Luther King, a brilliant legal titan like African American Justice Thurgood Marshall, and an American Nelson Mandela no less.  He's an suit who never accomplished anything in his life borrowing other men's clothes.  Once he put it on, he had the black community and the typical white liberal eating out of his hands.

Your going to have to give examples,because I really haven't seen that at all even thou I could care less who is president.

Ask yourself this question:  Would Dr. King play the race card?  Of course not, he was a man who fought for justice and equality and paid for it with his life.  This is why Obama was able to play the race card time after time and get away with it.  Liberal, progressive minded people would never question Dr. King and hence would never question anyone (so seemingly) like him.

Ha Ha Ha, it would be hard to imagine a former civil rights activist not being percieved or perpetuated as being racially motivated. I think king would of not just been killed if he ran for president but put in the cellar wit Former Getsapos and then shipped to Guantanamo Bay to be used as dog food

As a young man, Thurgood Marshall was a legal lion who successfully argued landmark case after landmark case before the Supreme court--a righteous man, a bona fide legal genius.  Nelson Mandela is a man universally regarded a paragon of virtue.  These three noble men (King, Marshall, and Mendela) all paid their dues and all were exceptionally accomplished.  The Affirmative Action Harvard-educated coke-head Obama brazenly put on their clothes and easily fooled gullible liberals, particularly blacks who he repeatedly trashed as needing "personal responsibility", i.e. he was saying to moderate whites (as opposed to liberal whites who were already eating out of his hands), "I'm black, but I'm not that black!"

It seems your being racially prejudice. First off all Thurgood Marshall and Obama are in two different political arenas.

Second Thurgood Marshall's case was racially motivated,way bad example.Brown Vs Board Of Education how does this affirm your sysnopsis.

Mendela is a way bad example,he's not even American.

Note that in Obama campaign ads, he was constantly surrounding himself with whites, like some holy and blessed "golden child" so different from his mother, with no earthly father, a Messiah no less:

Who should he surround himself with??!

Madonna and Child

Obama The Child

All of his dark skinned relatives were conspicuously missing from his ads, particularly his dark skinned father, whom supposedly inspired one of his books:  Dreams From My Father.  No mention of his half brothers and sisters in Kenya, much less pictures.  He barely even showed his beloved half sister who's 1/2 Indonesian.  Of course, he left out the fact that his extended relatives who are running Kenya into the ground with that "typical African" corruption.

I don't remeber him actually placing these pictures in his ad campaign. I think it was the media actually digging into his backyard to find skeletons.Dog he's at running a presidential campaign not a slideshow for his family reunion why would he have to use his familiey's pictures.

Mind you, I liked Obama a lot when he gave that rousing speech at the 2004 Dem. National Convention.  I was really hoping he would rise and run for prez some day.  But after two years of doing nothing but posing?!?  Had he beaten Hillary fair and sqare and not resorted to constant and scurrilous race-baiting, I would have enthusiastically volunteered for him.  But no, he not only played the race card incessantly, but against the both Clintons, who have impeccable civil rights credentials. F that and F him! Angry

I think you hate Obama because he won fair and sqaure,and are mad about the Brothers having Obama hair cuts,and the new occurance of  Obama on birth certificates,with Obama Tshirts,with Obama cereals,(just playing)

Bill Clinton has one of the best civil rights records out there, black or white, dead or alive.  Only people like Frederick Douglas, Dr. King, Justice Marshall, Jesse Jackson, LBJ (who signed and enforced Civil Rights Bill) can beat Bill Clinton at civil rights.  Clap

Dude where not taking about civil rights here at least Obama has made Stimulus plan and is trying  to work on it,what kind of Economic Emergency Plan did the Bush try to employ.

Under such conditions, there's no way another Republican, especially one linking himself to Bush, could have won--even against a black guy or a white woman.  When the banking and housing sectors collapse, the typical white person essentially said:  I don't care if he's black, I'm votin' for him!  I can't take this Bushsh!t anymore!

Bush defintely kept the Economy down for his own interest he did own an Energy company. The only republican I can commerate is Lyndon Johnson,he did crusade to indulge in the civil rights distress of he 1960's. But it seems like all Megalomaniac conservatives he seems be bully in foreign affairs and probably incited the Gulf of Tonken incited.

2008 was a horrible year to run for President if you're a conservative white male.

I hope you never become a TV anchorman,lol Even  Ron Burgandy would of smacked you saying that. I don't think they want you to become a spokesperson for the white middle class.

Edited by AksumVanguard - 23-Feb-2009 at 00:43
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 21:41
Aksum, Johnson was a democrat. And Bush clearly issued a series of stimulus packages. And both of you need to read a little history, since basic facts and hagiography are thrown into a package, missing the complexity.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 22:03
Both of you Aksum and Tran need to calm down a little bit and take Parnell's advice.

And both of you need to read a little history, since basic facts and hagiography are thrown into a package, missing the complexity.

AksumVanguard View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AksumVanguard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 22:06

AK,

For the clueless typical white person who didn't see any race-baiting on the part of Obama:  High profile African Americans play the race card all the time.   50% of the time it is done by the idiot who got into trouble, like OJ Simson, Kwalme Kilpatrick, etc.  The other 50% of the time, their supporters do, as in the case of Michael Vick, TuPac Shakur, etc.

I wonder what was  Michael Steele's strategy hmmm.
LOL

I totally concur, though not necessarily point for point. 

A lot of F'd up stuff during those crazy Iran-Contra days, including the arming and training of bin Laden, selling arms to Iran, and protecting Saddam at the UN (veto power) when Saddam gassed the Kurds with American made chemical agents.

Sir alot of that of mishap has to be credited to the CIA the Taliban didn't even exist  until 1990's and Al-Queda had to be titty fed when he returned Bin Laden to Afghanistan. In Iran-Contra Reagan was not conceding to any terrorist demands and was very sturdent on bringing in his action packed contras to knock the bad guys out.

Reagan selling arms for hostage is widely blown out of proportion. Reagan was trying to cohort the rebelious Iranian group fighting the Ayatollah to help free the American hostages being held by Hezebollah. The selling of guns was to rebel Iranians was to keep his hands clean along with arming the Mujahadeen at the same time.

I think Reagans strategy was handle one fundamentalist at a time please.

It was Kennedy who got the US into Vietnam, the first defeat for the US.  Iraq may be the second.  If not then Afghanistan should be.

Wow your really must have a hangover, Kennedy did not get anyone in the Vietnam War it was US best interest to take over the Indo China War .France was trying to keep its hold on their colony but said what the heck, when you keep French Businesses in the Vietnam,besides I know America can do a better job than I can.

Allen Dulles was just a over the Edge as J.Edgar Hoover,but Dulles already intiated plans in Indo China black op plans and Green Light CIA operations before Kennedy got in office. You guys must not know the CIA operations are not tottally in control of the president.

Must I say that Bush was once was a DOI of the CIA he has to be really I'm sure he planted his seeds with Middle East Interest when he was in there.

So just as the they gave Carter a mess to handle in Iran they gave Kennedy a mess to handle in Vietnam.

Edited by AksumVanguard - 01-Mar-2009 at 05:33
Red4tribe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Red4tribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 00:03
Yikes this went somewhere I didn't intend it to.

Anyway, the survey is over, I managed to get 130 people to make their lists and these are the results.

1. Lincoln
2. Washington
3. FDR
4. Jefferson
5. Teddy R
6. Reagan
7. Truman
8. Jackson
9. Eisenhower
10. Wilson

And if you would like to keep on going

11. Polk
12. JFK
13. Monroe
14. Clinton
15. Madison

Beyond that I can't consider this list accurate since I asked only for the top ten presidents. Thoughts on the results?
Had this day been wanting, the world had never seen the last stage of perfection to which human nature is capable of attaining.

George Washington - March 15, 1783

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>