Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest Rulers of Germany

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Who was Germany’s greatest ruler?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [2.13%]
3 [6.38%]
2 [4.26%]
1 [2.13%]
1 [2.13%]
3 [6.38%]
26 [55.32%]
5 [10.64%]
5 [10.64%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
The Golden Phallanx View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Golden Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest Rulers of Germany
    Posted: 09-Apr-2005 at 19:22

You must have been brainwashed by very bias sources or have a very limited thinking capacity, I'm not sure which... maybe both. In any case, don't assort my statements with such an example and instead, take the time to reread what I've said and perhaps consider it for a moment. I at least read what you wrote.

And plz dude, make up your mind on what you're calling me; a Nazi, a communist, young....I'm too lazy to scroll up and see what else. It's quiet irrelevant tho, the point is you can't argue with what I've said because you simply cannot deny logic and don't know enough.

I mean with you saying there was no oppresion in Germany, I should copy and print that as the definition of ignorance. I mean it's funny how the founders of the city I live in were all germans who fled from germany during this period wishing to escape the religious persecution and excessive taxing of the german lords and constant warfare. (Written in stone at our town hall) "...arriving to a land of new hopes and free of oppression." Matter of fact my father did 5 years of research on it and wrote a book on the issue for his full professorship, so don't tell me there was no oppression.

Anyway I've had enough, good bye. I still say Bismark was the best among the "rulers" listed

We are all a result of what we have lived. Culture, attitude, perspective. For everything we do, there is a reason. There is no true evil, only the absence of proper communication.
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2005 at 19:35
Originally posted by The Golden Phallanx

Anyway I've had enough, good bye. I still say Bismark was the best among the "rulers" listed

Yeah, I agree, it got rather boring and tedious!

Anyway, we seem to have come to a rather overwhelming conclusion. Bismarck, is the greatest ruler Germany ever had. It's news to me, but we have to accept popular decision.
Two questions remain, who are these poor misguided people who voted for Hitler. Come out of the closet and argue your case, if you dare!
And, secondly, why did nobody vote for Walter Ulbricht?
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 12:34
Originally posted by Komnenos

because Honecker was greater. You should have included him, I'm sure he would have won
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 12:41
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

because Honecker was greater. You should have included him, I'm sure he would have won

Anymore of this and I'll start a poll on "Who was the greatest leader of the DDR?". I'm sure discussions would rage on for weeks!
Anyway,I only choose Ulbricht because of his wonderful saxonian accent!
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 13:12

Call it an old-fashioned ideal, but I simply don't like people who are ruling so badly that they have to build walls to keep the people inside their country.

Edited by Master of Disaster
The Golden Phallanx View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote The Golden Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 19:07
Originally posted by Master of Disaster

Call it an old-fashioned ideal, but I simply don't like people who are ruling so badly that they have to build walls to keep the people inside their country.

Well said bro! U know that could be a quote.

We are all a result of what we have lived. Culture, attitude, perspective. For everything we do, there is a reason. There is no true evil, only the absence of proper communication.
yan. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote yan. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 17:21

I am missing the biggest ruler here. IMO Helmut Kohl deserves much more credit than he is given in contemporary Germany.

I don't know how one could actually name Walter Ulbricht a leader - I think he was never more than a laughing stock... After all, he could not even resist being retired by Erich Honecker, a figure that was later retired himself by Egon Krenz of all the Zentralkomitee members. Maybe Wilhelm Pieck would have been a better choice?

I think I'd vote for Frst Otto, or for Friedrich II. Just can't decide which Friedrich.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234