Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

History of Mughal-Pathans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
mughalpathan View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mughalpathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: History of Mughal-Pathans
    Posted: 09-Jan-2009 at 16:53
Originally posted by Gharanai

Dear I really don't know and haven't ever heared of a tribe by the name of Mughal Pathan.
Mostly the term Pathan is used for pashtuns in (India and Pakistan) and Mughals are related to todays Mongolia, there are alot of mughals still living in Afghanistan, specially in the western areas such as Herat province where they are under "Temori" last name (adopted from Temor Lane).
Regarding the migrations of pashtuns from Afghanistan to the Punjab provice of today's Pakistan is also a common and ancient act, where even Ahmad Shah Abdali's father had migrated to Multan for bussiness purpose and there Abdali was born.

But still combining both ethnics togather would be only in a case where either a pashtun man marry a mughal woman or vise versa, and their children relate themselves to both ethnic, other than this, I haven't heard about the term neither in Afghanistan nor in Pakistan.

Manana Gharanai for your reply
Father of my grand-father....named Muhammad Juma Khan.....migrated from Kabul towards Multan. He told his tribe as Mughal-Pathan.
Not only my family, but i have met 2 other Mughal-Pathan families at Multan, but they also donot know about their origin and history. Some people say that we are originated from Tareen tribe. And some say that we are from Kalar tribe. I am researching upon this topic. From google, i could find some references of this book: -

Afghanistan

By C. H. Bleaney, María Ángeles Gallego, Willem Vogelsang page 69. At this page the below given statement is present: -

Anew and rare type of Mughal-Pathan found near Calcutta. Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society of Bengal: Letters, ser. iii, 4 (1938) pp.283-284

Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2009 at 16:13
Dear I really don't know and haven't ever heared of a tribe by the name of Mughal Pathan.
Mostly the term Pathan is used for pashtuns in (India and Pakistan) and Mughals are related to todays Mongolia, there are alot of mughals still living in Afghanistan, specially in the western areas such as Herat province where they are under "Temori" last name (adopted from Temor Lane).
Regarding the migrations of pashtuns from Afghanistan to the Punjab provice of today's Pakistan is also a common and ancient act, where even Ahmad Shah Abdali's father had migrated to Multan for bussiness purpose and there Abdali was born.

But still combining both ethnics togather would be only in a case where either a pashtun man marry a mughal woman or vise versa, and their children relate themselves to both ethnic, other than this, I haven't heard about the term neither in Afghanistan nor in Pakistan.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2009 at 15:31
Moved to Q&A Smile
mughalpathan View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote mughalpathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2009 at 11:35
Hello Everybody
I am new at this forum
I am doing research on Mugha-Pathans. My fore-fathers migrated from Afghanistan to Multan, they were Pashto speaking. They told their tribe as Mughal-Pathan.
But now I want to know complete history of Mughal-Pathans. From google, i could not get sufficient information.
Can anyone help me in this regard????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234