Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are your...vices?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are your...vices?
    Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 18:47
WinkTongue
Wink
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 18:51
Where do we start? Evil Smile
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 19:39
I used to be a heavy drinker.  But after two DUIs and a kidney infection, I rarely drink anymore, may be 5-10 times a year now.  Holiday season is big challenge though.  I don't have a big family here but many old friends visiting back in town, lotta parties and gatherings, shows and eat outs.....  Be careful out there, all AE members!   And I try to drink only when I'm happy or celebrating something joyous.  Any pent up anger or depression does not mix well with Alcohol.Viking  

But I'm still a heavy smoker.  If I have a day off, I can go through a pack and half of Camel Filters easily.  Michigan winter does discourage me to go out and smoke, and most of the public places, even restaurants and some bars are non smoking only now.  Even Coffee shops and Diners!  Are you kidding me?   Actually there is a bill that's going through in Michigan that might ban smoking in all the public places, restaurants, bars, and even Cigar shops and Golf courses were debated.  A Cigar shop?  Is anyone in right mind walk in to a cigar chop and complain about the secondhand smoking?   That's like complaining about indecent exposure on a nude beach.  Alright I'm probably upsetting some non smokers in AE now , I'll stop. 

I don't wanna promote smoking anyway.  It's a nasty habit, terrible for your health all that,,,,,,.  I will stop someday, when I feel more complete as a human being that I don't have to rely on vices to fulfill my need to 'calm my nerve',  'oral, psychological fixation', or whatever other purpose it serves.  My excuse is that it creates contemplative rhythm through the day.  One of my favorite things to say is, 'Let me smoke a cigarette think about it.'  Speaking like a true smoker huh?  But for now I'm just happy that I have my drinking pretty much under control.  One vice at a time.....

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 21-Dec-2008 at 19:47
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 19:54
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

I used to be a heavy drinker.  But after two DUIs and a kidney infection, I rarely drink anymore, may be 5-10 times a year now.  Holiday season is big challenge though.  I don't have a big family here but many old friends visiting back in town, lotta parties and gatherings, shows and eat outs.....  Be careful out there, all AE members!   And I try to drink only when I'm happy or celebrating something joyous.  Any pent up anger or depression does not mix well with Alcohol.Viking  

But I'm still a heavy smoker.  If I have a day off, I can go through a pack and half of Camel Filters easily.  Michigan winter does discourage me to go out and smoke, and most of the public places, even restaurants and some bars are non smoking only now.  Even Coffee shops and Diners!  Are you kidding me?   Actually there is a bill that's going through in Michigan that might ban smoking in all the public places, restaurants, bars, and even Cigar shops and Golf courses were debated.  A Cigar shop?  Is anyone in right mind walk in to a cigar chop and complain about the secondhand smoking?   That's like complaining about indecent exposure on a nude beach.  Alright I'm probably upsetting some non smokers in AE now , I'll stop. 

I don't wanna promote smoking anyway.  It's a nasty habit, terrible for your health all that,,,,,,.  I will stop someday, when I feel more complete as a human being that I don't have to rely on vices to fulfill my need to 'calm my nerve',  'oral, psychological fixation', or whatever other purpose it serves.  My excuse is that it creates contemplative rhythm through the day.  One of my favorite things to say is, 'Let me smoke a cigarette think about it.'  Speaking like a true smoker huh?  But for now I'm just happy that I have my drinking pretty much under control.  One vice at a time.....

Never had a DUI... I do know my friend had one which is a bummer for him... for myself have had the experience of driving in such a manner but never had been stopped.

I have been vip at every european club on the north side for years Embarrassed, with dubious amounts of alcohol before, I stopped that the drinking for the most part...perhaps a few times a year now, too.
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 20:41

Never somked in my life and since high school I am an anti-smoking activist.

However, I watch too much TV, even now though I spent the last 7 years without one. I switched to watching everything on my PC.

Al-Jassas
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 20:52
Narcissism central here, with a mild dash of megalomania. It results in a very nice emperor complex.
Theodore Felix View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 22:41
If its a sin, and doesnt involve murder, Ive probably done it at some point in my life....

Im generally very apathetic to others, often lack emotional attachment to those I am with ( I am a eastern European after all)... I have a rather short temper (Balkanite) and patience (Balkanite)...

Edited by Theodore Felix - 22-Dec-2008 at 10:06
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 23:18
>fairly antisocial
>pretenious
>pedantic
>smoke, but it helps me focus, or that's how I justify it
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2008 at 22:09
laziness

can't be arsed to eleborate

Edited by Mixcoatl - 22-Dec-2008 at 22:10
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2008 at 22:23
It's a curse, always to be right... Ermm
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2008 at 23:15
My forum vices is the lack of using a spellcheck. sr7w7yneybwySmile
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2008 at 13:07
Smoke - helps me 'gather my thoughts'
Procrastination
Aloofness
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2008 at 16:23
My vice is that i belive i don't have any...

Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2008 at 20:13
Originally posted by Spartakus

What are your...vices?

Numerous.

-Akolouthos
Chookie View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Chookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2008 at 21:39
What's a vice?
For money you did what guns could not do.........
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2008 at 12:24
Pride, greed, laziness, vanity, sadism and narcissism. I'm also manipulative, lack empathy for people beyond my group and have strong sexual urges that are often illicit or taboo in some way. Of course I don't consider these to be vices since I find the concept of vice irrational, but for the purpose of this thread I can go along with the traditional values.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2009 at 22:44
-Aloof
-Emotionally unattached unless with a good friend where I would be quite open.
-Argumentative
-Drink too much
-Set standards far too high (but still necessarily)
-Jealous
-Dismissive
-Negative (especially about almost all TV. I drive my family mad with complaints)
-Self-Repressive
-I interrupt some people when they are talking because I have lost interest in what they have to say.
-Terrible sleeper (I don't know if this is a vice, but it sure screws up my days and concentration)
-narcissistic 

And a few more. This has actually been quite therapeutic, I thank you!

Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2009 at 22:45
And moody! Terribly moody.

How did I forget that one?

TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2009 at 23:00
I can lack empathy. I'm envious of those who achieve more than me, although less "god I hate them for having more" and more "I wish I had that..."

I can be wrathful to an impressive degree, and firmly believe that anger can be a good thing when it's controlled. Which might count as deslusion, although of course there are logical arguments for it...

I tend to--privately--think of myself as special.
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2009 at 23:02
I can lack empathy. I'm envious of those who achieve more than me, although less "god I hate them for having more" and more "I wish I had that..."

I can be wrathful to an impressive degree, and firmly believe that anger can be a good thing when it's controlled. Which might count as deslusion, although of course there are logical arguments for it...

I tend to--privately--think of myself as special.

I sometimes have trouble thinking before I talk.
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>