Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anthroscape Forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tyranos View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tyranos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anthroscape Forum
    Posted: 11-Dec-2008 at 14:30
Greetings! The Anthroscape Forum is a new biological and social anthropology forum that picks up where the defunct Dodona left off.

http://www.anthroscape.co.cc/

So everyone who has an interest biological and social anthropology in is invited to come and join in the discussion and help us build a  community.

We look forward to seeing you there! Thank You!
calvo View Drop Down
General
General

Quote calvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2008 at 18:44
Anthropology is indeed an interesting subject: the origins of man, the genetic heritage, and the cultural divisions.
Unfortunately, many, if not most of these forums about human "diversity" on the web are quickly overtaken by Nazis or extreme nationalists, who give their own distorted version of science.
Not long ago, I logged onto a forum about the origins of Ural-Altaic peoples, and a large number of messages also seemed to be written by rather extreme Turkish nationalists.

It's a pity, but many extremists hide behind the science of anthropology and pretend to pass as serious scientists.
Tyranos View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Tyranos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2008 at 12:54
Well your always going to have some "crazies" for lack of a better word, but that goes with any forum really, so dont let that sorta thing from your past experience from another board discourage you. I mean even History forums arent exempt from much of the same which you described of course as well. I guess it's always a bi-product of such subjects.  But we run a clean a forum, and discussion and heated debate are encouraged while trying to stick to facts as much as possible. It is all in our Forum Rules and Mission Statement . So I do hope some of you guys that are interested in Anthropology, Archeology and History will come along..."it's safe" as Lawrence Olivier would say.  Wink
calvo View Drop Down
General
General

Quote calvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2009 at 10:13
I'm sorry. Never signed on to this forum but have read many threads, and it is indeed a meeting points for Nazis
 Post Reply Post Reply