Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone know 'Airbourne'??...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone know 'Airbourne'??...
    Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 19:54

.....Hello all..

.....Any members here familiar with the rock group Airbourne?.....A great band from the shores of Australia and very much in the fine tradition of AC/DC....

..I am going to see them next Wednesday night at the Leas Cliff Hall, Folkestone, in Kent and i am looking forward to the evening as its been a long while since i have been to a rock concert.....

.....only problem is, now i am knocking on a bit, what to wear???..i gave my old leather jacket away about 18 years ago, there are no longer any holes in my jeans, the hair as practically all gone and i have forgotten how to sew patches onto a sleeveless denim jacket!!!...Embarrassed........
....maybe i could dust off my old Black Sabbath t-shirts (thats if they still fit??Confused)...

...Stand up for rock 'N' roll....Evil%20SmileEvil%20SmileEvil%20SmileEvil%20SmileEvil%20Smile

...Act of Oblivion.....
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 20:49
I remember my mother winning a packet on Airborne at 50-1 in the 1945 Derby (she backed it because it was the only grey).

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 20:53
Originally posted by gcle2003

I remember my mother winning a packet on Airborne at 50-1 in the 1945 Derby (she backed it because it was the only grey).

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

...Nicely done Mrs Cleverley!!!!....mind you, i would have thought a horse named 'Airborne', especially in 1945, would have lower odds than 50-1!!!!....

..AoO...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2008 at 13:10

..well, its the day after the night before and gig was great, the beer expensive, and the friends fantastic!!!....and my ears are still slightly numb....

....there were three bands playing on the night,  Airbourne were great entertainment and a superb solid rock and metal group.... i would recommend any rock fans here if they get the chance, check them out, but if you are a bit aged, get some ear plugs!!!!...

..all the best.....AoO....
 Post Reply Post Reply