Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Most important dynasty in Europe?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: The most important/powerfull dynasty?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [18.18%]
3 [5.45%]
21 [38.18%]
3 [5.45%]
1 [1.82%]
1 [1.82%]
10 [18.18%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [3.64%]
4 [7.27%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most important dynasty in Europe?
    Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 14:47

But they ruled different... actually, yes, now when i start to think Bourbons of Spain would have been better but alas.. it has happened so that it is not them on the list.

But if Osmanoglu dynasty spanned thru 694 (i believe it was so, can't remember the correct starting date) years they merely did something important after battle of m_____ ((can't spell any names now)) in about 1550's. I agree if they would have won Vienna in the 17th's then they would be a major power afterwards aswell.

Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2005 at 10:08
What about the Qing in China or the Yamato in Japan? Or the Moguls in India? The Safavizs in Persia? They may not be European, but I'd say that they were more important than the Vasas of Poland or the Braganzas. 
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2005 at 10:28

rider

related  to where you  live, If you  lived  easter  Europea, I am sure  most of them remembers ottomans instead of france  or Sweden dynasty.

If ottomans won vienna war, well. I dont think  we would discuss most powerful dynasty.

I choose Habsburgs.

Edited by Murtaza
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2005 at 12:18
Why should EEurope remember Ottomans? Now, I am wondering.

And, I just ment it from Europe, Decebal.

Now, to continue, well, yes, not so much French, nor Spanish people at that time here but wars, were mostly with French support to Sweden, Russia and they two made the actual war here all the time from 1558-1721.. (the uncertain period)
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2005 at 14:05

Rider my friend

as a greek serb or romanian even polland If they remember ottomans or not? I am sure bulgarians and macedons will remember it also.Even they dont remember it nicely. As an albanian they will know it too.

as a Russian or macar.

arent this countries are also in the Europe?

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2005 at 03:46
They are, I said East-Eaurope in what I include Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia and Poland. I am sure I had a small mistake, as if I had said Balticum then we have never had direct contact with Turks unless Russian Emperors gathered their divisions from here.
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2005 at 06:03

I think polands had a lot contact with Turks.

But  I dont think this tree "Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia" had contact. 

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2005 at 13:19

Not only East Europeans, but all Protestants, catholics and Orthodox. Ottomans were the ones who shaped the European faith forever. The French and the Austuria-Germans were the ones whose destineys were highly related with the Ottoman existance in Europe. And dont forget that Ottomans once had larger lands than modern France in Europe.

Also lots of new things were introduced in Europe by Ottomans or their effects. Ex: lots of instruments, a couple of vaccines, coffee, Protestant expansion, Orthodox existance, geographical discoveries, and even Reinessance had Ottoman effect, for example the conquest of Konstantiniye and the eastern philosophies. You should face the facts...

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2005 at 15:54
I am facing two facts: the one you are trying to hit me with and the one that i didn't include them in the topic.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2005 at 15:59

be calm guys, and yes ottomans are not European.

I didnt think this topic is just for European.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 12:13

How do you describe true European? Geographically, Ottomans had been more European than French and British for hundreds of years. Culturally, Ottomans were the real successors of the Romans, not the other Europeans. Ethnicity doesnt mean anything if you consider that as a reason of not including Ottomans, so Ottomans were as true Europeans as the others.

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 12:24
I mean true Europeans as the ones who live in nowadays Europe, not counting the one province.

Can we stop this fight?? or battle? It jsut seems that any more I can't modify the Poll results.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 15:17

Sure rider, I just wondered why you have thought this way...

Ending this debate, BTW, we still have lands in Europe, nearly as large as Albania. Does it count?

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 15:20
Yeah, i believe it counts. Are there more than one provinces then? I just thought there was one.

And you had before the Peloponnesia and Macedonia so it should have counted, but my memory was not in it's glory then.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 15:21

I hope not, I am realy bored that European things.

Let them live in peace.

Svyturys View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Svyturys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2006 at 17:10
Yes Yes...Jagiellons "really" polish.... terible...
Every moment, like last, neither earth, nor sky don't calculate time. Left only one heart in scorched bosom. Throbing only drums again, calling us into battle.
RomiosArktos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote RomiosArktos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2006 at 13:01
Hapsburgs left a great cultural haritage to the lands they ruled
Today Hungary,Austria(the core of the empire),Czech republic and many other European states are heirs of a great cultural heritage.
And we should not forget that the empire of Carolus V was the most powerful on earth at his time.A vast empire stretching from Latin America to Europa and Phillipines.
That's why i voted the Hapsburgs!

Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 17:20
Originally posted by Svyturys

What are you saying?
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 17:37

Originally posted by Sarmata

Originally posted by Svyturys

What are you saying?

He probably meant that they were Lithuanians. Our friends from Lithuania often feel overshadowed by Poland because people tent to forget that it was Polish-Lithuanian joined state and that Lithuanians also had a lot to say about its policy. And Jagiellonians who were ruling it were dynasty from Lithuania not from Poland and thats probably why Svyturys was irrated.

"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2006 at 01:19
aha thats what i thought he was saying...
If thats the case, CULTURALLY the Polis-Lithuanian state was more Polish then Lithuanian. under the union of Krewo Jagiello agreed to adopt the religion of Poland and to incorporate the lands of Lithuania to the Polish crown. During and after Wladyslaw Jagiello I would say it's safe to say that the Jagiellonian dynasty was Polish rather then Lithuanian. And don't get me wrong Im nott rying to discredit Lithuania, everyone knows that Poland could not have done all it had without Lithuania. Of course there is always the arguement wether or not Polish-Russian relations might have been better had Poland and Lithuania not united. Ah well, just "what-ifs".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12