Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deleted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deleted
    Posted: 12-Nov-2008 at 01:04

Deleted 

Edited by zukline - 17-Jan-2009 at 13:00
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2008 at 08:37
So he is described as blonde and blue- or greeneyed in some sources. Well I suppose it could be true, I have noticed a tendency in northeast Asians towards fairer features, although usually just brown to light brown hair and blue or green eyes. Sun Quan, leader of the Wu faction during the Three Kingdoms era, is also reported as having green eyes.

What I'm wondering is, are there other sources that describe him differently?
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2008 at 15:05
I don't know of other depictions of Genghis khan. And yes, blondness and light eyes do present among Mongoloid Kazakhs. I witnessed it myself many times.

How can it be explained? The "blond racial features" if it can be called so, have been present in the Central Asian region for milleniums. The most famous examples of those are "blond" Altaic and Tarim mummies.

The famous Russian historian Gumilev, for example, believed that Genghiz khan's clan originated from a tribe of Indoeuropean Yuezhi who were assimilated among proto-Mongols.
Σαυρομάτης
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2008 at 15:13
Originally posted by Sarmat12

The famous Russian historian Gumilev, for example, believed that Genghiz khan's clan originated from a tribe of Indoeuropean Yuezhi who were assimilated among proto-Mongols.

More like controversial.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2008 at 15:15
I don't think we need to explain any blondism present among the Mongols with Yuezhi influx. Most likely it occurs naturally within their ethnic group at a certain frequency, as with most other peoples that exhibit these traits.

Mongolian blondes (according to google):

http://static.flickr.com/92/233012392_eca64c39ab_b.jpg

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFde/img/126/0,1886,2334718,00.jpg

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3793/30419794e885d04edd6fs.jpg

http://i4.tinypic.com/zyhfmx.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/347700772_001cf79f3a.jpg

I am only able to find children. As with most people they probably darken as they grow older, into a shade of brown more commonly seen.

Edited by Reginmund - 12-Nov-2008 at 15:22
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2008 at 15:20
Originally posted by Reginmund

I don't think we need to explain any blondism present among the Mongols with Yuezhi influx. Most likely it occurs naturally within their ethnic group at a certain frequency, as with most other peoples that exhibit these traits.

Then why this phenomenon is absent among Japanese, Thais, Vetnamese etc. Mongoloids?

I think the best explanation is "blondic genetic influx" which did existed among the northern Nomadic Mongoloids and is practically absent among more Eastern and Sourthern Mongoloids.
Σαυρομάτης
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2008 at 15:23
I don't know about blondism, but some Japanese exhibit the redhaired gene at least. I'd be surprised if not at least a tiny minority exhibit blondism as well.
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2008 at 15:33
Well. But the point is that the number of such people among Chinese, Japanese etc. is totally insignificant compare to Kazakhs, Kyrgyzs (especially and they show a high genetic similarity with Europeans) and Mongols.

The only reasonable explanation could be that the latter were mixing with Europeoid looking like Nomades, while the former were not.

Kyrgyz and Kazakh people are especially interesting in these regard. There can be both obvious Mongoloids and Europeoids just within one family.
Σαυρομάτης
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2008 at 17:46
Yes, I have noticed. You find the same phenomenon among the Samic peoples in northern Scandinavia/northwest Russia, who were originally Mongoloid but have become almost identical with north Europeans through interbreeding. A minority of them however retain some Mongoloid features, especially the slanted eyes. I used to know one such girl myself, with heavily Mongoloid facial features; slanted eyes and very prominent cheekbones, but light blonde hair and blue eyes.

Maybe you heard about the school shooting in Finland not long ago. The perpetrator, one of the pupils, was a typical example (the silly url is due to him being a social darwinist of sorts):

http://oddculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/natural_selector7.png
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2008 at 18:02
Yes, yes. Sami people can also be cited as one of the examples of such intermingling. Though, in Sami example Europoid type has become predominant, while in Kazakh and Kyrgyz cases the predominant type is Mongoloid; but still many traces of Europoid generic heritage can be observed.
Σαυρομάτης
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2008 at 18:26

Central Asians contrary to what some people in the west believe do not all look the same and don't all have black hair and look like Bruce Lee. There are blonde haired people, green and blue eyes people etc

This isn't a recent look either, old Chinese records describe the Turkic group Khirghiz as having coloured hair and eyes around 2 thousand years ago.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2008 at 19:06
though that's not consistent with what Sarmat said here:

Well. But the point is that the number of such people among Chinese, Japanese etc. is totally insignificant compare to Kazakhs, Kyrgyzs (especially and they show a high genetic similarity with Europeans) and Mongols.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 02:54
I see you guys giving too much accent to "gene", genes do mutate and modify and evolve, otherwise we would be still monkeys (if we were monkeys).

It is all about climate and weather. Central Asian regions and Mongolia do have a lot of micro-climatic areas similar to northern europe, like Altai Mountain Range, Sayan Mountain range, Northern Hyangan, around Lake baikal, Tian-Shan Mountain Range, Jetisu region of Kazakhstan, Northern Afghanistan etc. and if you live in such regions for hundreds of years, your body will shed its unneccessary pigments and you or your offspring get Nordic features.

This can be proven on many examples, Panjshiri Tajiks, Mongols in Northern Altai and north Mongolia, Jetisu Kazakhs and Xinjiang people have surprisingly high occurence of nordic features.

For example Kazakhs who live Mongolia has a lot of nordic and europoid features than Kazakhs in Kazakhstan. Reason why seems to be they came here from Jetisu region or they got such trait after living in Northern Altai 300+ years.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 06:17
Plus there is strong theory that humans first evolved in Central Asian plateau
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 20:04
But how would you explain that Japanese or some Siberian Chukchas or Alaskan Inuit don't have these "nordic features" ?
Σαυρομάτης
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2008 at 01:38

But how would you explain that Japanese or some Siberian Chukchas or Alaskan Inuit don't have these "nordic features" ?

Large Siberia has continental climate, eventhough it is cold it is dry and has a lot sunny dayes. As you might know Siberian sun has very high UV-ray. Alaska is the same.

Japanese live in typical humid Asian climate.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2008 at 08:31
I read Japan is divided climatically, with a borderline arctic climate in the far north and more of a humid almost tropical climate in far south.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2008 at 06:49
Originally posted by Reginmund

I read Japan is divided climatically, with a borderline arctic climate in the far north and more of a humid almost tropical climate in far south.

By arctict do you mean like similar to europe?
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2008 at 07:09

Scandinavian climate is either similar to Alaska and northern Siberia i.e. subarctic or to Northern Japan and Korea i.e. continental humid climate, and there are no blonds or people with notable "nordic" freatures there.

By contrast, Kazakhs and Kyrgyzs and to the lesser extent some Mongols not only reveal blondness, have blue and green eyes etc. but also have bone and facial structure similar to Europoid, which can be only explained due to Europid admixture.
Σαυρομάτης
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2008 at 07:22
Scandinavia and Northern Europe is surrounded by large seas and oceans, in contrast Alaska and Northern Siberia is not. Again it is continental climate.

People living in swiss alps seems to have higher proportion of blondes than southern Germany.

Again it is climate. Have you seen third or fourth generation British Indians, Pakistanis and Arabs they are turning fair skinned very fast. In contrast Pure Spanish Cubans are increasingly obtaining different look than Spaniards of Spain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>