Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Shooter ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: What Is the Greatest shooter game of all time?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [43.48%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [8.70%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [4.35%]
10 [43.48%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Shooter ever
    Posted: 16-Nov-2008 at 20:28
Originally posted by Temujin

the problem is they do always the same shit. you never see variation in German uniform, there are always the same weapons and never those fancy ones from minor european countries that were so kick-ass. winter war anyone? that Hungarian MP? soldiers in those cool Romanian uniforms? never seen ebfore btut here are hundreds of ww2 FPS out there. such a  waste.

They don't explore the possibilities of WW2 enough. I'd love to see a game played entirely from the perspective of the Axis forces, focusing on their successes in Europe and the Pacific.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2008 at 20:34
Winter War WWII FPS is a must. Hopefully someone will make it someday. Especially northern Carelia setting with ambushing whole Soviet Batallions with Finnish ski troops.
WolfHound85 View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote WolfHound85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 17:47
COD 5 is a lot of fun but it seems Online play would not be as good as COD4.
College Student
Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Jams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 17:53
I would say the original Doom back in '93, that was something. Sitting in a room with your pals connected directly. I believe it was the first "3d" fps networking game - or at least the first one that was worth playing.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2008 at 09:50
Originally posted by Husaria

Anyone play S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl?

Yeah I own it and Clear Sky but haven't played much of it.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2008 at 20:47
Originally posted by Jams

I would say the original Doom back in '93, that was something. Sitting in a room with your pals connected directly. I believe it was the first "3d" fps networking game - or at least the first one that was worth playing.

i still remember endless sessions, though with doom2.
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2008 at 15:26
I finally got doom 3 for my xbox 360 with the backward compat. update it has doom 1 and 2 and wonder why i never got the game earlier it's great. I cannot wait until Doom 4 and Duke Nukem Forever two old gaming juggernauts that need to make a next gen game.
Sun Tzu

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
Whiteice View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Whiteice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2008 at 23:28
I like Battlefields 1942 and battlefields Vietnam. I like the online play and the number ofp layers(60)that can play on one server. You can also get in any vehicle and can actually be other nations besides U.S.A and Germany such as Japan, Russia, Great Britain, and Canada(for BF1942).
"Speed is good, but accuracy is everything"-Xenophon
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2008 at 23:47
Goldeneye on the N64 beat that Tongue 

Anyone played Metal Gear Online? its pretty good.

How is COD5 online? is it any better than COD4 online?
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2008 at 00:43
Yes, Goldeneye for N64 was great but I mean past-tense I mean seriously who would even play it today. Yea I forgot all about Bf42 I still play that game from time to time.
Sun Tzu

Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2008 at 09:13
I hated Goldeneye for the N64. My friends would invite me over to play it with them, except I was a noob and they knew the levels by heart, so I always ended up being the first one killed. Angry
Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2008 at 09:31
I'm getting Far Cry 2 for Christmas. I think it is really good from what I have seen so far. 
What is the officer problem?
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2008 at 02:32
I read in my Game informer that the AI in Farcry 2 is poor and it is somewhat plain, I like the concept though but I think it got a 7 out of 10.

The big game I want this Holiday is Fallout 3.
Sun Tzu

Whiteice View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Whiteice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2008 at 02:50
Fallout 3 is a cool game. I played it and was pleased with the graphics and how you could create a gun that shot anything from plates to teddy bears. :D
"Speed is good, but accuracy is everything"-Xenophon
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2008 at 04:50
Yea and the Story just seems soo amazing and unique like another Bioshock or Oblivion.
Sun Tzu

Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 02:12
Originally posted by Reginmund

I hated Goldeneye for the N64. My friends would invite me over to play it with them, except I was a noob and they knew the levels by heart, so I always ended up being the first one killed. Angry

If you play that game now the graphics are TERRIBLE, but at the time you never actually notice. It's amazing how expectations change so rapidly in a few years.

Jallaludin Akbar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Jallaludin Akbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 03:15
Hey did any of you guys play Star Wars Battlefront?? idk why, but that game was the sh*t (srry!). I sometimes still play it today--partly because my computer is an old Penium 4, but still Big smile
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
-Mahatma Gandhi

HOMERS HAND View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote HOMERS HAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2009 at 15:54
cod 4 is good but i like cod 5 alot better
love is but one of the paths we cross
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2009 at 15:09
It's weird, one day I like CoD 4 and the next I like 5 we will just have to see about Modern Warfare 2.
Sun Tzu

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2009 at 04:12
I'm loving Killzone 2 at the moment. Anyone else fans of the Killzone games?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>