Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where do you want to immigrate to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
nova roma View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote nova roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where do you want to immigrate to?
    Posted: 19-Jan-2009 at 20:55
Originally posted by Suren

Saudi Arabia! cuz I can have a haramTongue

I would love to have a stable fulla hos + 72 raisins waiting for me in da afterlife

dat would be pimp
Theodore Felix View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2009 at 22:10
I absolutely love NY and cant imagine living anywhere else. For me its a city like no other, I have every culture at the tip of my finger. Middle Eastern food, various cuisines from Asia, European, Balkan, African, south American... the types of ideas that mix for various bar or club locations are fantastic and people are cool as hell...

A few days ago i went to a Turkish hookah bar in Astoria and was talking to some guys and found out one was actually from a part of my native Albania which was very very near to my region and moved to Turkey at the turn of the century. Great chatting experience. And cool thing is run ins of this nature are common if you just look, whatever the topic.

The sign of just how mixed my area is is shown by the fact that with 6 block radius there is:
 - a Mosque
 - Russian Orthodox Church
 - Greek Orthodox Church
 - A Buddhist temple
 - Catholic Church

... etc. etc.

One thing I despise though is the horrid prices of the city, which has made me consider moving.

If I did consider immigrating somewhere I guess it would be in a more Med environment. I always considered working in some American University abroad after I finish my PhD in classics.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 00:59
Originally posted by es_bih

You mean harem Embarrassed
In Persian we say Haram (concubine) or Haramsara which literary means place of Haram. By saying Haram we do not pronounce it as Haraam which can be translate as sinful or banned in Islamic sharia.
Anfører
Donasin View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Donasin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 01:15
I would never want to. I love the history and culture of America and while I do not advocate blind patriotism my home is too special to me.

I would be very happy living in Ireland or the UK though.
Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 01:45
How is Germany?

That's another place I'd consider immigrating to?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 03:01
Originally posted by Kevin

How is Germany?

That's another place I'd consider immigrating to?

I love Bavaria (Munich to be exact). I lived there for quite a while when I was younger. Loved it. Not saying that the rest of Germany isn't good, just Bavaria is best Smile.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 03:15
Originally posted by Suren

Originally posted by es_bih

You mean harem Embarrassed
In Persian we say Haram (concubine) or Haramsara which literary means place of Haram. By saying Haram we do not pronounce it as Haraam which can be translate as sinful or banned in Islamic sharia.

Smile
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2009 at 03:58
I have no idea. I've never been out of the US, and don't see it happening for some time.

Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2009 at 08:31
Im thinking of moving to Austria myself. Upon having the opportunity to vist last year, i fell completely in love with Vienna. The music, the theatre, the opera, museums, architecture, parks, gardens...TOTAL ART. Oh, and the food is good too.

Edited by Penelope - 24-Jan-2009 at 08:36
The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations.
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2009 at 00:09
Despite the difficult situation in my country, nothing like home.
I would die on the sounds of explosions with my family around me, rather than living alone in calmness and safety in any other place.
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 09:52
Originally posted by Penelope

Im thinking of moving to Austria myself. Upon having the opportunity to vist last year, i fell completely in love with Vienna. The music, the theatre, the opera, museums, architecture, parks, gardens...TOTAL ART. Oh, and the food is good too.

And no Turks.
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 10:20
I don't need to immigrate. My life is fine where i live. If i would like to immigrate, i would choose life över job not job over life. Therefore europe is not attractive for me. The only place that made me say "i'd live here" is Puerto Rico. I like the people,the Culture, the music and the way of life. Most things there reminded me of greece so i feel like home. The standard of living isn't bad eather.

Så nu tar jag fram (k)niven va!
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 10:22
Originally posted by Reginmund

Originally posted by Penelope

And no Turks.

???

Så nu tar jag fram (k)niven va!
Arekushii View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Arekushii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 17:55
Being a Russian in Lithuania and a Lithuanian in Russia means I'm between the earth and the sky, so it's pretty obvious that I want to live somewhere far far away from those two countries - in England, I'm a pure anglophile.. charming culture and beautiful language with rich history, just stupid lack of money is killing me, blargh!
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2009 at 11:52
Originally posted by nova roma

I would love to live a portion of my life in Japan or Greece. I think I would fit right in. Dunno why.
there completely opposite in mentalities though..
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2009 at 13:37
If money was not a problem, and my wife died, etc., then I would probably like to go to Costa Rica! If I could swing a good reliable source of solar or wind power or both, then I would find a place upon some mountain, where in the summer the temperature would not much exceed 80 degrees F. and in the winter it would not much go too much below 55 degrees F. With a chance that most of Costa Rica will stay violence free, and with a well armed compound to insure such, I could easily spend what years are available to me in such a condition. Assuming food was readily available, and booze, and an internet connection, and TV, etc., as well as a goodly supply of books, then I might well be OK. Oh, I would need a couple of good guard dogs, and a couple of good 20 year olds (female of course), etc.! Laugh!

Except for food and booze, etc., living would well be cheap! And if the solar and or wind power proved reliable, and spare parts, and instructions were available, then I could probably count upon 15 to 25 years of good life! Even without power, but with a reliant food and water supply, it would still be a good life!
Now, if I only spoke Spanish, and had two good 20 year old girls, and a lot of money, and a large supply of cigaretts and booze, and, and etc.
Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234