Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTURANIANS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
minchickie View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: TURANIANS
    Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 02:12
 HELLOOOOO!!!
Ironheart View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 17:34
Originally posted by kroglu

And a Turk without Turanid influence:

Who is this?  Manken Zeki? 
Pax Ottomanica
Seljuk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 18:36
Originally posted by Ironheart

Originally posted by kroglu

And a Turk without Turanid influence:

Who is this?  Manken Zeki? 

isnt he Volkan the reserve goalkeeper of Fenerbahe?

Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2005 at 08:15
Originally posted by Zagros Purya

AtaTurk:

He was half Jewish I believe.

Do not insult our nation and its leader.  If you that will not be the same as calling Azeri Turks in Iran Torke Hari, The donkey Turk

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2005 at 14:22
he didn't insult Ataturk.it is ok not to know about him well, if you're Not-Turkish

Edited by erci
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2005 at 18:14

Reading all you brother's posts makes me proud of my Turanian/Turkish heritage. Thank you.

kroglu View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2005 at 20:41
Originally posted by Kalender

Reading all you brother's posts makes me proud of my Turanian/Turkish heritage. Thank you.

Senin gibiler sagola gardash!

The Guardian View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2005 at 20:43
Originally posted by Tangriberdi

AtaTurk:

Do not insult our nation and its leader.  If you that will not be the same as calling Azeri Turks in Iran Torke Hari, The donkey Turk

It is not an insult to call someone jewish

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
                             &nb
Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2005 at 10:34
Originally posted by The Guardian

AtaTurk:

It is not an insult to call someone jewish

What's wrong with being a Jew/Jewish ? Of cpourse nothing ! But insult here is that speaking something incorrect for someone.

He is no way a Jew, He is a Turk.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2005 at 11:34

Being Jew doesnt mean he wasnt a Turk. "Jew" refers to a religion, not specific ethnicity, even if it originally does.

From his father's side, he had Jewish origins. So what? Gagavuz Turks are still Christian, also some Kazakhs. Karaim Turks are also Jewish. Dont you remember the Khazar Turks? Your religion doesnt identify your ethnicity.

But to enlighten the uninformed minds: Ataturk wasnt a Jew, his family was totally Muslims. And Ataturk wasnt a religious person. His origins may possibly have Jewish influence, but I dont think religion matters at all. We arent mullahs to jdge people according to their religious pasts. I prefer a smart, wise Jew to rule me rather than a fanatic Shia mullah.

The Guardian View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2005 at 12:00

But insult here is that speaking something incorrect for someone.

I say you are 6 feet tall.Is that an insult?

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
                             &nb
niceone928 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 07:40

As far as I know Ata Turk was half a jew.  Another thing, there is something wrong with Jewish newspapers, that's all I ever get in the USA. 

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2005 at 10:01

Ataturk having Jewish heretiage. Yes i have heard this as well, although do not know why this is said.

Some even say that he was working on behalf ofthe Jews to break the TUrks Islam. NOT MY WORDS, i read it once in a book. It did not have enough evidence to back there thoughts.

Who was ment to have Jewish blood his mum or dad?

kroglu View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2005 at 11:10

Here is a picture of Ataturks father Ali Riza...

As you can see he looks pretty much like a Turanian, so stop this sh*t

Edited by kroglu
Hak-Khan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 00:54

mirkelam(singer)
Hak-Khan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 01:02

fenerbahce and volkan=reserv taem's reserv player

Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 13:31

People who want to relate Ataturk with Jews ancestors are the ones who oppose his religious reforms and laik Turkey.

They want to show Ataturk as a Jews puppet who has been used to break down Islam in Turkey.

These claims are not true. Ataturk was a Turk and Muslim. He was a Bektashi - Alevi. But after seeing Arabs sided with British against Ottomans and Caliphe became a puppet of allied forces he decided to establish a modern state without a religious influence. But one sign has left. We have Bektashi - Turkish symbole on Turkish passeports.   They wanted to eliminate religious dogmas from social life.

This picture has been taken from an Hungarian web. Look at the Bekhtasi dervishe's symbol that he carries. And look at the second page of your Turkish passeports if you have one and see the symbol under the moon and croissant.   You will see the same symbol on every pages with letters TC; Turkiye Cumhuriyeti..... This is one of the symbols of Turks which is used along with moon and croissant during history.........

Edited by Alparslan
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 17:31

Wow, I didnt know he was an Alevi like me. I thought his father, Ali Riza Efendi was a Turk of Thesellanoiki, altough his origins were Turkish, he had Jewish influence. But he was a Muslim. Ataturk was a Muslim, but he wasnt a religious person at all. So I guess he may be an Alevi...

Anyway, I wouldnt care if he was a Jew or even a Buddhist. We have suffered the "loyal" actions of lots of fellow Sunnite Muslims in history, so maybe him not being a Sunnite was better.

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 18:14
didn't know about the symbol on Turkish Passport.I know 12 pointed star symbolize the 12 imams.
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 19:13
Some sources that support his Jewish ancestry.

Ataturk, The Rebirth of a Nation, Lord Kinross, 1965, p. 437

For Kemal, Islam and civilization were a contradiction in terms. "If only," he once said of the Turks, with a flash of cynical insight, "we could make them Christians!" His was not to be the reformed Islamic state for which the Faithful were waiting: it was to be a strictly lay state, with a centralized Government as strong as the Sultan's, backed by the army and run by his own intellectual bureaucracy.
-----------------------------
Turkey, Emil Lengyel, 1941, pp. 140-141

During the early days of Kemal's career, many of his followers were under the impression that he was a champion of Islam and that they were fighting the Christians. "Ghazi, Destroyer of Christians" was the name they gave him. Had they been aware of his real intentions, they would have called him "Ghazi, Destroyer of Islam."
-------------------------

Grey Wolf, Mustafa Kemal, An Intimate Study of a Dictator, H.C. Armstrong, 1934

p. 241:

"For five hundred years these rules and theories of an Arab sheik," he said, "and the interpretations of generations of lazy, good-for-nothing priests have decided the civil and the criminal law of Turkey."

"They had decided the form of the constitution, the details of the lives of each Turk, his food, his hours of rising and sleeping, the shape of his clothes, the routine of the midwife who produced his children, what he learnt in his schools, his customs, his thoughts, even his most intimate habits."

"Islam, this theology of an immoral Arab, is a dead thing." Possibly it might have suited tribes of nomads in the desert. It was no good for a modern progressive State.

"God's revelation!" There was no God. That was one of the chains by which the priests and bad rulers bound the people down.

"A ruler who needs religion to help him rule is a weakling. No weakling should rule.."

And the priests! How he hated them. The lazy, unproductive priests who ate up the sustenance of the people. He would chase them out of their mosques and monasteries to work like men.

Religion! He would tear religion from Turkey as one might tear the throttling ivy away to save a young tree

p. 243

Further, it was public knowledge that he was irreligious, broke all the rules of decency, and scoffed at sacred things. He had chased the Sheik-ul-Islam, the High Priest of Islam, out of his office and thrown the Koran after him. He had forced the women in Angora to unveil. He had encouraged them to dance body close to body with accursed foreign men and Christians.
------------------------

Turkey, Emil Lengyel, 1941, p. 134

Kemal cared nothing about Allah; he was interested in himself and in Turkey. He hated Allah and made him responsible for Turkey's misfortune. It was Allah's tyrannical rule that paralyzed the hands of the Turk. But he knew that Allah was real to the Turkish peasant, while nationalism meant nothing to him. He decided, therefore, to draft Allah into his service as the publicity director of his national cause. Through Allah's aid his people must cease to be Mohammedans and become Turks. Then, after Allah had served Kemal's purpose, he could discard him.
-------------------------

Ataturk, The Rebirth of a Nation, Lord Kinross, 1965, p. 437

For Kemal, Islam and civilization were a contradiction in terms. "If only," he once said of the Turks, with a flash of cynical insight, "we could make them Christians!" His was not to be the reformed Islamic state for which the Faithful were waiting: it was to be a strictly lay state, with a centralized Government as strong as the Sultan's, backed by the army and run by his own intellectual bureaucracy.
---------------------

Oguz,

Well your comment about his being from Thessaloniki actually supports the connection. If you ever look up the area his house was, you'll find that it was right in the center of the Jewish community of Thessaloniki.

Edited by Phallanx
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>