Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ethnic composition map of the Caucasus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Thorvald View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thorvald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ethnic composition map of the Caucasus
    Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 09:56
Etnic composition of the Caucasus

http://www.germanic-worlds.com

FORUM FOR GERMANIC-CELTIC AND EUROPEAN PRESERVATION,HISTORY, CULTURE AND POLITICS
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 18:14
This map sounds a manipulated one.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 18:25

Originally posted by Suren

This map sounds a manipulated one.

The ethnic cleansing parts are definitly homemade additions. Badly made as well, one would think he could at least have used the same font style as in the original.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 22:54
I wish there was a map of the region before communist russia and esspecial before the 1940's
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 23:08
Thorvald where is your link of this map?
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 23:29
Originally posted by xi_tujue

I wish there was a map of the region before communist russia and esspecial before the 1940's

Actually, it still would be close to this map, except perhaps there would be also Meskhetian Turks and more Pontic Greeks.
Σαυρομάτης
Thorvald View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Thorvald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 23:34
Originally posted by Seko

Thorvald where is your link of this map?

FORUM FOR GERMANIC-CELTIC AND EUROPEAN PRESERVATION,HISTORY, CULTURE AND POLITICS
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 22:01
fake...next

I do like the usage of the brush tool for the dots, its like the Caucasus has contracted measles. 
Thorvald View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Thorvald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2008 at 08:58
Why?

Because its source is Armenian? I sincerely hope that is not the reason why you guys questioning this map, because that would be very wrong.

Problem with ethnic maps is that they are all different from one another. An Azerbaidzhan map or Georgian map shows it clearly different.

I've seen a dozen of maps of ethnic Silesia from around 1900, and they are all different.

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2008 at 11:10

In this region, Armenians live in Armenia, Iran, Georgia, Turkey and Karabakh autonomous republic, some days ago Armenians Olympic Games of this region was held at Tehran's Ararat Sports Complex but without Armenians of Turkey, because unfortunately 21 Armenian athletes lost their lives on their way to Iran from Turkey by a fatal road accident. -> http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-22/0809123154185537.htm

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2008 at 15:53
Originally posted by Thorvald

Why?

Because its source is Armenian? I sincerely hope that is not the reason why you guys questioning this map, because that would be very wrong.

Problem with ethnic maps is that they are all different from one another. An Azerbaidzhan map or Georgian map shows it clearly different.

I've seen a dozen of maps of ethnic Silesia from around 1900, and they are all different.

Never underestimate the curiousity of your average AE member Thorvald. We like to question most everything around here.

I sense you're partial to the map. I hope you realize that submitting a link is necessary in maintaining adequate posting standards and good standing at AE.  Our CoC also demands it. It's best that you understand and agree with this because if you don't that would be very wrong.

11. Plagiarism, the posting of texts found elsewhere without naming either author or source. Posting your own personal commentary is encouraged when copy/pasting from another source. When pasting attempt to place the content in quotes, highlight or underline for presentation purposes. Provide a correct URL link. When referencing from books or periodicals provide the title of the reference, the author and publication date. Posts where the paste is the arguement itself, while not adhering to these requirements, will be deleted. 

Edited by Seko - 26-Sep-2008 at 15:55
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2008 at 16:01
Originally posted by Sarmat12

Actually, it still would be close to this map, except perhaps there would be also Meskhetian Turks and more Pontic Greeks.

what about the number of other ethnic groups like circassians and chechens

the Meskhetian Turks weren't the only muslim group that were displaced were they?
Thorvald View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Thorvald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2008 at 16:33
Originally posted by Seko

Why?

Never underestimate the curiousity of your average AE member Thorvald. We like to question most everything around here.

I sense you're partial to the map. I hope you realize that submitting a link is necessary in maintaining adequate posting standards and good standing at AE.  Our CoC also demands it. It's best that you understand and agree with this because if you don't that would be very wrong.

11. Plagiarism, the posting of texts found elsewhere without naming either author or source. Posting your own personal commentary is encouraged when copy/pasting from another source. When pasting attempt to place the content in quotes, highlight or underline for presentation purposes. Provide a correct URL link. When referencing from books or periodicals provide the title of the reference, the author and publication date. Posts where the paste is the arguement itself, while not adhering to these requirements, will be deleted. 

I fully understand and you are right. Thanks for the updating.

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2008 at 16:38

Why?

No, not because the source is Armenian, but because someone (and I am not saying you), took the map linked below, and tempered with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Caucasus-ethnic_en.svg

Edited by mamikon - 27-Sep-2008 at 16:40
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2008 at 17:56

what about the number of other ethnic groups like circassians and chechens

the Meskhetian Turks weren't the only muslim group that were displaced were they?

If you mean Stalin repressions than yes. Karachais, Balkars, Ingushs and Chechens were deported, but after Stalin's death they were "rehabilitated" and returned back. By contrast, most of the Meskhetian Turks remained in Central Asia. Even in the 1990th they were not allowed to return by the nationalistic Government of Georgia. Unhappy
Σαυρομάτης
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2008 at 21:12
^but there are still millions of tatars & circassians in turkey & terekemes in azerbaycan

and the number of most caucasian muslim is less than it used to be right?
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2008 at 23:02
True. But I thought you were writing about the population deportations caused by Stalinist policies after establishment of the Communism in Russia.

The resettlment of Caucasian muslims to Turkey (Muhedjerizm) hapenned much earlier in the 19th century.
Σαυρομάτης
 Post Reply Post Reply