Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BOSNIANS RECEIVE WAGES FOR JOINING WAHHABI MOVEMEN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carpathian Wolf View Drop Down
General
General

BANNED

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Carpathian Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BOSNIANS RECEIVE WAGES FOR JOINING WAHHABI MOVEMEN
    Posted: 23-Sep-2008 at 07:03

BOSNIANS RECEIVE WAGES FOR JOINING WAHHABI MOVEMENT - BANJA LUKA DAILY
BBC Monitoring International Reports - August 30, 2008, Saturday

Report by Bosnian Serb news agency SRNA

Banja Luka, 24 August: Wahhabis from Sokolovic Kolonija in the Sarajevo municipality of Ilidza are offering men wages of 400 KM [convertible marks, Bosnia-Hercegovina currency] per month for joining the Wahhabi community, while their wives are being offered about 1,000 KM, provided they wear a "nikab" [veil], Banja Luka [daily] Fokus has learnt from a well-informed source.

The paper says in tomorrow's edition that to date about 50 followers have joined the Wahhabi movement in the Ilidza settlement, mainly young people who live in difficult economic conditions.

"Young people are the ones mostly interested in Wahhabism, although this isn't for religious reasons but for the money it gives them. They are following the logic of least resistance, sitting back and taking money for this. However, they don't know the time will come when this money will have to be paid back. No one gives money without getting something in return," the source said.

Anti-terrorism expert Dzevad Galijasevic believes everyone who accepts wages of 400 KM as a follower of the Wahhabi movement "will have to pay for this one day, whether at the cost of their or someone else's life".

=======

Confused

I saw this reading through some things and thought it interesting.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2008 at 07:24
Banja Luka not a good source = bias.

But I already mentioned this shameful use of people's poverty over the last few months, as have a few other Bosnians here. Mila in particular I believe.

Nevertheless, it is a few people, numbered in the hundreds that actually join for getting money. The mosque in Sarajevo that SA built is one example: to pray in it or enter you have to follow the imam's version of things, and grow a beard and a woman has to wear the burqa, also might I add don't be scared it is only the real poor and desperate that even bother with this crap and the movement is very UNPOPULAR in BiH and by Bosnians.
General
General

BANNED

Quote Carpathian Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2008 at 07:36
I was told that earlier this year a wahabi Imam while traveling through the Balkans was actually attacked by Bosniaks because they do not agree with the wahabis. I do not find so much an issue that some poor people are taking the chance to get money, but the fact that the wahabis are making such a move in the first place knowing the nature of the situation.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2008 at 07:51
They are  very unpopular, example here, two Bosniak brothers have been asked to leave three out of three existing Bosnian jemats(communities) in Chicagoland after they advertised some very cooky literature that in no way shape or form went in line with Bosnian views of theology or life. So no worries here at all about a takeover, just a few people that are joining for financial reasons, and either way it is not like the Wahabis are all sponsoring terrorism in Bosnia, but rather some very cooky social roles ( burqas, beards mandatory, etc...) Still a bad thing for Bosnia. We have our own customs and ideas of religion and how to interpret it, and for 99 per cent its prevelanet. 
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2008 at 12:25
Originally posted by es_bih

They are  very unpopular, example here, two Bosniak brothers have been asked to leave three out of three existing Bosnian jemats(communities) in Chicagoland after they advertised some very cooky literature that in no way shape or form went in line with Bosnian views of theology or life. So no worries here at all about a takeover, just a few people that are joining for financial reasons, and either way it is not like the Wahabis are all sponsoring terrorism in Bosnia, but rather some very cooky social roles ( burqas, beards mandatory, etc...) Still a bad thing for Bosnia. We have our own customs and ideas of religion and how to interpret it, and for 99 per cent its prevelanet. 

This is good to hear, fundamentalists getting stronger in Europe is the last thing we need. There have been similar reports here, where wahhabi koran classes have been drawing people from the poorer suburbs. They aren't appreciated by most of the resident muslims either (mostly Bosnians, Turks, Kurds and Iranians).
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2008 at 13:27
emmmm, how much is this 400 KM in Euros? Perhaps I'm interested to take their offer.
I can even ask my spouce to wear the "nikab", could be kind of "kinky" :Star
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
General
General

BANNED

Quote Carpathian Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2008 at 23:44
Originally posted by Yiannis

emmmm, how much is this 400 KM in Euros? Perhaps I'm interested to take their offer.
I can even ask my spouce to wear the "nikab", could be kind of "kinky" :Star

It's more of a mafia loan type deal. Confused Like an offer you can't refuse or "i'll help you out but later on there will be a time that I call upon you for a favor."
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 06:16
just some money?! If you join Basij in Iran, you will gain several other things, With your Basij card you can go everywhere, use medical and other services freely, enter the university with no money or tests to pass, ...
General
General

BANNED

Quote Carpathian Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 06:45
Holy crap you guys get a card!? I'd be wayyy pissed if i was in Bosnia :x
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 06:46
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

just some money?! If you join Basij in Iran, you will gain several other things, With your Basij card you can go everywhere, use medical and other services freely, enter the university with no money or tests to pass, ...

I've heard 30% of all seats in Iranian Universities are reserved for Basijis, Is it true?
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 06:50
Buying followers is a shameless but easy way too find supporters. Don't be worried as soon as money is gone the followers disappears.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 13:10
Originally posted by Suren

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

I've heard 30% of all seats in Iranian Universities are reserved for Basijis, Is it true?
I don't know but it can be true!
 Post Reply Post Reply