Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CYPRUS issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CYPRUS issue
    Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 08:33
[QUOTE]You should be ashamed of yourself, Phallanx, for spamming this board with lo-o-ongg documents that nobody is going to read. Next time, it would be more considerate of you to highlight the points you'd like to make, and to provide links on the Internet for anyone interested in the details. Anybody can post long documents. (Maybe one is okay once in a while, but a whole series of them? Is that the purpose of this forum, to get lost in the crowd of difficult-to-get-through legalese in this particular case, or to attempt honest discussion?)[/QUOTE]

I do get the point of loong posts, but who are you to judge, I do believe that this site does have inteligent enough mods to critisize my posts.
 Ashamed for what? proving that you turks have absolutely NO respect for treaties signed, UN resolutions, are totally IGNORANT of the term HUMAN RIGHTS???

Sorry bud, but I'm more than proud to be able to shout at your disgrace to humanity MASSACRE tatics

Would you like me to post the many western and "Christian" press reports of the long line of Greek Cypriot barbarities?

Your brothers in arms already have. The problem is that only your turkish sites know of these alleged documents. I've seen what you post and done more than enough research to know that half if not all these "documents" are nothing more than forgeries. Let's

Now, I don't know whether we got the expression,......CYPRUS IS GREEK, and we are not alone in saying that. It is history which declares it so.".....
When the lies emerge so readily from your leaders' mouths,........
Cyprus has never been the possession of the government of Greece

Let's take this simple, Proof of the Hellinic past and present are ALL archeologic finds that you obviously can NOT apprehend. Instead of making a LOOOONG list that will not be read, I'll just quote one site: YOU

"Cypriot syllabary seemed to have derived from Linear A, and therefore is like a sibling to Linear B. For this reason, sometimes the script at this very early stage is called Cypro-Minoan, to distinguish it from the Cypriot script used for writing Greek after the 12th century BCE."

SIBLING=BROTHER
You do need to open up a history book or 2 or 3 or.............

the humanitarian Turks allowed the Greek PEOPLE to remain, and flourish. Quite unlike Greece's inhuman ethnic cleansing policies whenever she had the upper hand with Turks. True in 1821, true in 1919, and true in 1974.

Man you really do have a major problem.
Humanitary???? They why on eart conquer in the first place, why expand? Have you ever heard of IMPALMENT???? Try looking up your beloved torture methods and how Dusan was introduced to them and then think twice before you use that term ever again. You don't have the right to.

Please forgive us oh efenti that we REFUSED to remain under the Ottoamn yoke and decided to kick your ass out of these sacred lands and obtain our FREEDOM or are we to be put on trial for that????? The

The Greek newspaper Eleftherotipia published an interview with Nicos Sampson on Feb. 26, 1981 in which he said, "Had Turkey not intervened I would not only have proclaimed << enosis,>> I would have annihilated the Turks in Cyprus."

The ONLY official site that presents this alleged statement is your foreign affairs site. But is it reliable? Hell NO it is actually easy to prove exactly how BIASED it is, just look up how it manipulates the documents on the Imia issue.

Venizelos was so impressed with the honor of the Turkish leader, he nominated Ataturk for the Nobel Peace Prize. Ataturk made good on his proclamation, "Peace at home, peace in the world." At no time has Turkey taken on an aggressive major military stance outside her borders, except when snapping to the attention of her USA master, getting involved in foreign adventures for which the Turks have rarely received sufficient credit.

Are we going to be serious or just talk BS?
The reason Venizelos did what he did was due to pressure, you should know that the reason for the events in 22 were the result of France, Britain and Russia.
Once we attacked Russia obtain what she wanted and convinced the others to cut support, that is why we had the MASSACRE at Smyrna. All Venizelos was trying to do is save the game by building relations. That is what politicians do you know.
As for the impressed BS where do you get this? In his bio he makes no reference  of admiration and he never made a comment as the nominator usually does, so where do you get this stuff???? (probably your foreign ministry)

Once again, the Greeks provoked, and the Turks... after enduring patiently the rude........TAKISM was obviously a reaction to the Greeks' provocatively murderous actions.

What the inferior giaour (unbeliever) doesn't have a right to demand help from the people that were behind this????
Don't know if you know of it but both UK and US disclossed documents prove that they were behind it and you were just the murder weapon, so leave your BS bad Hellines theory for someone that will believe you. We have always known the truth and now have the document to prove it.(but I won't spam you this time)

You are not being honorable, Phallanx, by ignoring the fact that it was your fathers committing the crimes. It's not right for you to try and cover their having fired the first shot, by making it seem like the Turks were the aggressors.

Man you have major problems in understanding history. Our fathers? What about your great grandad in the 15th????
But NOOOOOOO, the good ol'boys aren't to be blamed cause that will hurt little atomic's feeling to know that he's the decendant of a long line of murderers with only purpose to conquer and destroy anything civilized.
I guess you'll probably deny that TAKSIM MURDERED the Turk-Cypriots mentioned before simply because they opposed to what Ankara had ordered????
Damn pathetic.

The first of Phallanx's spam contributions was a wonderful little decision by "the European Court of Human Rights." After they exclusively considered their darling Greeks' perspective, holding the Turks guilty on every count,  .............................................. ....Regarding "Home and property of displaced persons," did this court look equally to the displaced from the Turkish side? I'll bet not; Turkish lives are not as important.

You must forgive Oh, great one those twits from HR for not demanding that a Turk judge was also present, hell why not even count his vote twice.
Com'on, you said that you were going to the point but untill now all I've seen is your total IGNORANCE in history, some forgered documents and your continuous attck towards Christians.
As for the home and prosperity of displaced persons, unfortunately for you and the rest that claim the exact crap you do. The Ottomans did one "good" thing, they left Documents!!!! So we have the decree of Sultan Selim II and guess what we find??? The dear Sultan demands the immediate transportation of 20.000 Turks to Cyprus. What about the poor Cypriots houses??
Why would you care, you're all tied up wasting my time.

Such is the hypocrisy of these groups such as "the European Court of Human Rights,"...........What is this partisan report doing here?

OK, nothing worth saying here. So Human Right is nothing more than a Christian's club that is unjust to the poor little turks, won't let them massacre people any more
On Sept. 10, 1964, the U.N. Secretary-General reported that "UNFICYP..................................nor upon Britain, nor the other countries who have acquiesced.

It also declares that there will be NO:
political or economic union with any State whatsoever
http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:h6dX_wvb2rAJ:www.mfa.go v.cy/mfa/mfa.nsf/91B33C34664E8441C2256B670052E891/%24FILE/Tr eaty%2520of%2520Guarantee.doc+Treaty+of+Guarantee+&hl=el &client=firefox-a
why don't you remind me why TMT what developed and by who??
Wasn't this also a clearly prohibited by Art. 1 of the same treaty you quote????

As for Security Coun. Res. 186 here it is off the official Turk-Cypriot site. Why don't you tell me were there is anything that can be used to "condemn" the Hellinic-Cypriots???

I did see:
2. Asks the Government of Cyprus, which has the responsibility for the maintenance and restoration of law and order, to take all additional measures necessary to stop violence and bloodshed in Cyprus;

S o the resolution you quote actually gave Sampson the right to stop all Turk-Cypriot killings by TMT, which is actually what he attempted to do.

Look at the nonsense from these documents.................... started by the Turks.

You obviously have a major problem with ALL non-muslims, I suggest you get over it, religion shouldn't be such a major part of your life. I'm not saying don't believe, hell believe your God is a Marsian for all I care, but don't let it lead your life into judging people by religion.
As for who started it, as I already said, look up TMT.

But the missing persons issue appears

I honestly didn't believe you people could get so low as to deny the fact of the missing. What about the FACT that only a couple of months ago, bodies found buried and handed over to their families so they could finally have a proper burial, since you animals had them all pilled up in a pit????
But noooooo, your military goverment won't release such info to the sheep.

Should one of the minorities get threatened by the other, the "mother countries" of both minorities were granted the legal right to come in and intervene.

That is what this treaty was about, enacted solely as a reaction against murderous Greek actions.

When you use a source do it correctly!!!

Article IV 

In the event of a breach of the provisions of the present Treaty, Greece, Turkey and the United Kingdom undertake to consult together with respect to the representations or measures necessary to ensure observance of those provisions.  

In so far as common or concerted action may not prove possible, each the three guaranteeing Powers reserves the right to take action with the sole aim of re-establishing the state of affairs created by the present Treaty.

How about telling us, when did Turkey ever consult before you invaded?????
Wake up it was a one side move with only purpose to do what you were striving for since 1950 PARTITION

Why, what better source to listen to than the Athens Court of Appeal? ................ do with history, nor legality, nor morality.

Even though I've been searching the web for several hours, there is no reference to this in any non-turkish site. Once again your well known source.

To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Perseas View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Perseas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 08:40

Originally posted by Atomic-ache

Tsk tsk, Isk. Quick to proclaim your easy conclusion of Turkish "massacres," while the Greek Cypriots were such poor and innocent angels?

Tsk tsk, Atomic. Quick to proclaim your easy conclusion of Greek-Cypriot "massacres," while Turks and Turkish Cypriots were such poor and innocent angels?

I see you gentlemen are enjoying patting each other on the shoulder, and crying victory over the seemingly case-closing impact of these documents. Here's my response. (And please keep in mind I rarely venture onto this site, so if I don't answer, at least not right away, that doesn't necessarily mean I have no answer... as you seem to be implying with your slow-to-respond foes, who have caused you such hearty amusement.)  

Could the first two lines of your quote describe EXACTLY yours and your friends attitude here, Atomic?? Tsk Tsk I bet you havent notice it

You should be ashamed of yourself, Phallanx, for spamming this board with lo-o-ongg documents that nobody is going to read.

Tsk tsk Atomic... if YOU fail to read long documents/posts which prove the other side's point it doesnt have to apply for the MAJORITY of people here. But if you follow your own advice Atomic, YOU should be ashamed of yourself, for spamming this board with a soooo lo-o-oong post that nobody according to your own logic is going to read.

Next time, it would be more considerate of you to highlight the points you'd like to make, and to provide links on the Internet for anyone interested in the details. Anybody can post long documents. (Maybe one is okay once in a while, but a whole series of them? Is that the purpose of this forum, to get lost in the crowd of difficult-to-get-through legalese in this particular case, or to attempt honest discussion?)

You mean like the links of your writings YOU MISSED to provide????? Tsk Tsk Atomic... i love how you manage to contradict yourself with your own quotes

Would you like me to post the many western and "Christian" press reports of the long line of Greek Cypriot barbarities? Those words, I believe, would speak infinitely louder than the opinions of biased anti-Turkish "Christian" parties firmly in alignment with your Greek version of events.

Be my guest Atomic... but like you wrote before, it would be best to provide the links of the un-biased and non Anti-Greek sites you took them from. Too bad you failed to do it.

We'll address the nature of these documents in greater detail, as I run down the list of what I've encountered on this thread.

Now, I don't know whether we got the expression, "slow as molosses" from one of our members here, but when Molosses made the utterly false statement of "I must remind you that (Cyprus) has been Greek since the dawn of humanity," I don't know why the honorable Greeks among you did not jump down his throat. The fact is, the nationalistic propaganda of your country drives home this very same notion.

This is why Clerides unashamedly declared years ago, "We have taken these lands from our ancestors as Hellenic, our national duty is to deliver them to our future generations as Hellenic, however not divided but as a whole." President Stephanopoulos also did his bit to distort history when he proclaimed, after having received his Makarios medal of honor:"chemas-microsoft-comfficemarttags" />t="on">lace wt="on">CYPRUSlace> IS GREEK, and we are not alone in saying that. It is history which declares it so."chemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />>>

When the lies emerge so readily from your leaders' mouths, of course your brains are going to be washed, better than if you were to drop your drachma into the coin slots of the local laundromat. 

I'm not aware of any history book ever crediting Greece to have owned Cyprus. the previous owners of Cyprus, chronologically, were as follows: The Assyrians, the Sumerians, the Phoenicians, the Egyptians, the Persians, the Romans, the Arabs, the Venetians, and the Ottoman Turks. Contrary to Augustus' very intelligent post (adding other parties I wasn't aware of, including the ancient Hittites), where he otherwise observed, "It seems Cyprus was Greek only for a rather small part of its recorded history," "seems" is the key word. What it really seems like is that Cyprus has never been the possession of the government of Greece.

IF we follow your own logic Atomic, Cyprus has never been the possession of the government of Turkey. And before you rush into to protest, remember Turkey has been a republic government since 1923.

But again what you fail to grasp is, what matters is WHO WERE THE INHABITANTS OF THE ISLAND. And if you cared to read the history of Cyprus, Greeks were for THOUSANDS of years there, since 1400 B.C . No matter who ruled, The majority of inhabitants were greeks, they had a continuous presence there and they spoke greek language and had the same culture like the rest of Greeks.

As far as Strategos' response when trapped in the corner with the lie of Cyprus being Greek -- "The RULE of countries can change, but the PEOPLE still remain" -- I beg to offer a caveat. The reason why there are Greeks on the island of Cyprus ever since 1571 is because when the RULE changed, the humanitarian Turks allowed the Greek PEOPLE to remain, and flourish. Quite unlike Greece's inhuman ethnic cleansing policies whenever she had the upper hand with Turks. True in 1821, true in 1919, and true in 1974.

Have you just wrote Atomic "when the RULE changed, the humanitarian Turks allowed the Greek PEOPLE to remain, and flourish"???

You mean Atomic, not to have the tragic end of e.g the inhabitants of Constantinople in 1453 when the savages were butchering them for 3 DAYS after the fall of Constantinople???

OR to have the tragic end of the 20.000 inhabitants of Nicosia who were massacred  from Lala Mustafa Pasha???

And what else did the humanitarian turks did?? As usual every church, public building, and palace was looted, property who belonged to Greeks Cypriots was taken by force from Ottomans. Many Greek- Cypriots were forced to convert to Islam in order to save their lifes (have you ever heard the term "Linobambakoi", Atomic??? and all of these because...of the humanitarian Turks!!!! In other words, Atomic is telling us to THANK the humanitarian Turks who spared the lifes of the entire Greek-Cypriot population and didnt exterminate them.

Perseas View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Perseas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 08:56

The Greek newspaper Eleftherotipia published an interview with Nicos Sampson on Feb. 26, 1981 in which he said, "Had Turkey not intervened I would not only have proclaimed << enosis,>> I would have annihilated the Turks in Cyprus."

And from which Unbiased , totally Balanced and certainly not Anti-Greek site you took this from and missed to provide the link, Atomic??

Let me see, could it be AGAIN, http://www.ataa.org A.K.A Turkish-American Assembly??

And you were talking somehow about biased sources??? Geez Atomic, i love how you always manage to contradict yourself.

In the movie, I don't know why Tony Curtis stepped up to the plate and was quick to shout, I'M SPARTAKUS! I don't know, would you be willing to put your life on the line for another who writes such nonsense as "The situation is that a foreign state,Turkey, invaded illlegaly to another state..."? I hope Spartakus wasn't referring to 1570-1, during the age of empires, where everyone was illegally invading each others' territories... and the Venetians lost the island, only 40 miles off the Turkish coast.

If Spartakus was referring to the legality of the 1974 events, I'll get to that critical question toward the end, when addressing the endless document spams of Phallanx.

Be my guest, Atomic. I am waiting for your critical answer. I am curius to read from you the legality of Cyprus occupation from your brothers.

The fact is, When Ataturk overthrew the Ottoman Empire, along with the invading Greeks who meant to enslave his nation, Venizelos was so impressed with the honor of the Turkish leader, he nominated Ataturk for the Nobel Peace Prize. Ataturk made good on his proclamation, "Peace at home, peace in the world." At no time has Turkey taken on an aggressive major military stance outside her borders, except when snapping to the attention of her USA master, getting involved in foreign adventures for which the Turks have rarely received sufficient credit.

Tsk Tsk Atomic, "enslave his nation"? How conveniently you forgot that there were (*note "were" and not "are" because as known, the humanitarian Turks managed to eliminate the greek element After the population exchanges there were around 200,000 Greeks and now the moment we are talking there are not more than 3-4,000) Greeks there where in many occasions they were the majority of the population in cities?

Of course, the prejudiced world, just about all of whom fought bloody wars against the Turks over the centuries, is not going to listen to the side of the Turks.  So was Turkey suddenly the aggressor in Cyprus, going smack-dab against her peaceful policies since her existence as a republic? That doesn't make any sense.

Yeah the bad world...never see the humanitarian achievements and the peaceful policies of the Turks. Bad...bad World!!!

Once again, the Greeks provoked, and the Turks... after enduring patiently the rude and often criminal Greek jabs time and again... reacted. Action-Reaction; this is the scientific formula of Greeks vs. Turks. Finally, after being fed their medicine, and unhappy about the consequences of the repercussions, do the Greeks ever take it like a man? No. They weep and take their case to their Christian compatriots, the latter of whom have never given the Turks a fair shake.

Yeah whatever makes your day. The bad greeks...how provoking action of them was not to surrender Constantinople from the start and waste the time of the Ottomans by sieging it. Bad greeks...they provoked this way the massacres of the Turks after the fall.

And bad Greek-Cypriots...why dont they betrayed the Venetians and surrender while Lala Pashat was sieging Nicosia??? They provoked the humanitarian Turks and had to massacre 20,000 of them afterwards. Bad Greek-Cypriots...you should be ashamed!!!

So when Red Guard asked, "Why can't the Greeks and Turks just unite into one indepent nation?" it wasn't for lack of trying on humanistic Turkey's part. The people of the island lived in relative peace... Until the 1950s, once again, the Greeks started their nationalistic provocations. Sure, they can come up with all their little speculative theories to deter from the real truth, like Turkey planning to have an "enosis" with Cyprus (when the idea of such union was entirely on the part of Greece; but this isn't the first time when the Orthodox clan commits the crime, and then points the finger at Turkey for having their criminal idea), and as Phallanx is disgracefully trying to present TAKISM as the reason why the troubles got started, when TAKISM was obviously a reaction to the Greeks' provocatively murderous actions.

So Atomic, now its the orthodox clan fault?

You are not being honorable, Phallanx, by ignoring the fact that it was your fathers committing the crimes. It's not right for you to try and cover their having fired the first shot, by making it seem like the Turks were the aggressors. 

Seems like its the other way around Atomic. Too sad to be the one who will break the news to you.

Now let's get to those spam documents, and the legality of Turkey's move.

Okay, they all sound good on the surface. Turkey is one bad boy.

But here's the deal, friends. The Greeks, like the Armenians, know they are the darlings of the Christian world. They have practical free reign to do whatever mischief they want, spoiled brats that they are, in full realization that all they will get is a slap on the wrist.

The darlings of Christian world??? Too bad for you that you show one more time your inability to raise a good argument. I bet in the 4th crusade the christian world said loudly "hey why dont we go and capture The beloved city of our darlings"?

The cradle-to-grave prejudices of the Western world are deeply ingrained still against the "Terrible Turk." There's still too much the Crusader mentality, and too many wars have been fought in the past centuries, against the one nation the imperialistic West has never been able to tame. The West is still approaching Turkish issues from a position of dishonesty, for example, demanding the Turks recognize a false Armenian genocide as the price for entering the EU.

Now we turned it from the "bad Christian world" to the "Imperialist West"? True...your syllogism is awesome. "We should blame the imperialist west...why dont they let the poor humanitarian Turks enter E.U with no clauses at all??? Why the bad French demand to recognize the Armenian Genocide? Who cares that we occupy illegally a part of a country, member of E.U? Why do we have even to recognize this country, member of E.U?"

The left, since the days of Gladstone still thinking of the Turks as a "human cancer," wholeheartedly accepts the line that the Turks are still the savage barbarians. I'm not saying the Turks are always angels -- no people are -- but the human rights groups, peopled by those with a liberal and compassionate mindset, are quick to acknowledge these charges of barbarism at face value, and single the Turks out with disproportionate zeal. Kurds who claim they are escaping injustice? Come on in, Europe welcomes you with open arms. We all know how evil those Turks can be.

You know Atomic, each paragraph of yours is justifying that article Iskenderani posted from a Turkish scholar.

5. Another characteristic of Turkish national identity is the fact that the Turks consider themselves the actual, true victims of history. "We are the nation upon whom actual injustice was inflicted. We are a persecuted nation, but no one recognizes that. We are treated as the "'stepchildren' of history." Two factors have contributed to the evolution of this mental attitude. First, throughout the nineteenth century, the national wars of liberation of Christian groups in the Balkans (Greeks, Serbs, Bulgarians, etc.) were experienced as massacres of the Moslem population. Secondly, Europe paid no attention to the massacres of Moslems, although European nations were highly sensitive to the massacres of Christians and utilized every occasion to interfere. It is not an exaggeration to say that in the minds of the Moslems had entrenched itself the firm belief that the entire world was poised against them; they considered themselves the victims of history.

Atomic, i dont have the time to reply to each of your following paragraphs, but its at least ridiculous for someone like you coming here and accuse Phallanx by saying #it would be more considerate of you to highlight the points you'd like to make, and to provide links on the Internet for anyone interested in the details. Anybody can post long documents. (Maybe one is okay once in a while, but a whole series of them? Is that the purpose of this forum, to get lost in the crowd of difficult-to-get-through legalese in this particular case, or to attempt honest discussion?)#

while all you do Atomic, is EXACTLY YOU ARE ACCUSING PHALLANX OF.

You are doing a copy/paste from http://www.ataa.org/ataa/ref/cyprus/cyprus_genocide.html aka Turkish-American Assembly, as anybody can see, which of course noone can credit as a balanced and NON BIASED site AND OF COURSE NATURALLY YOU MISSED TO PROVIDE THE LINK OF IT.

I let people draw their own conclusions about your accusations against Phallanx and your own attitude.

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 09:31

Originally posted by Phallanx

So never and I do mean NEVER!!! question my sources again.

Unlike you, I only use documents that DO exist.

I do have more if you're not full yet.

I remain Unsatisfied

Proof?I posted 3 links,a teeny bit of the ottoman archives and i am almost at the point of posting the agreement that turkey signed with greece and un

Pathetic.Instead of meddling with words answer my request.You have failed to give me a direct quote from denktash

and you are a fraud.Alparslan pointed that you were adding on facts really nicely....

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 13:43

I remain Unsatisfied

Proof?I posted 3 links,a teeny bit of the ottoman archives and i am almost at the point of posting the agreement that turkey signed with greece and un

Pathetic.Instead of meddling with words answer my request.You have failed to give me a direct quote from denktash

and you are a fraud.Alparslan pointed that you were adding on facts really nicely....

You dear friend live on MARS.
Where in this topic have you posted any kind of archives?????
Don't look, the answer is Nowhere, so tell me in which topic is this great post that has remained unanswered  and I'l be more than happy to answer.

To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 13:59

Earth to mars,is anybody there!?(you finally did it i lowered myself to your level)

WHere is the quote????And you generalised about my resources and i was talking about whatever i had posted.

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 14:34
WHere is the quote????And you generalised about my resources and i was talking about whatever i had posted.

Are you simple or something????

You said
"I posted 3 links,a teeny bit of the ottoman archives and i am almost at the point of posting the agreement that turkey signed with greece and un"

Where are those archives?????
They can NOT be found in this topic, if you want an answer on those, point out exactly where they are and I will answer, as for the quote you want, I can't find it in KIBRIS since I cn't read Turkish and it isn't available in the english version but there is absolutely NO doubt that he was one of the founding members.

Here are just a couple of sites that do support this:

"He helped form TMT, a Turkish Cypriot paramilitary group opposed to union with Greece,"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2623169.stm

"
TMT, a rival armed Turkish Cypriot fascist organisation closely linked to the Turkish state, was formed and led by Rauf Denktash, now President of the so-called Turkish Republic of North Cyprus."
http://www.socialistworld.net/eng/2003/01/24cyprus.html

"that one of the founders and leaders of the TMT was Rauf R. Denktash."
muse.jhu.edu/journals/mediterranean_ quarterly/v012/12.3fouskas.pdf

Edited by Phallanx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123