Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pourpirar: "Slavic origin of Achaemenid Persians"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Shield-of-Dardania View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Shield-of-Dardania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pourpirar: "Slavic origin of Achaemenid Persians"
    Posted: 20-May-2010 at 00:37
K. I get it now. Still, the most important quality in politics is not academic brilliance per se, but the ability to lead, govern and control. As well as to talk or bluff your way through or around when necessary. If you give the presidency of a country to someone with the genius of an Einstein, he might not necessarily have even the foggiest idea where to start.

The purely technical stuff can be assigned to the professionals, technocrats and academe. I'm sure there's enough of them to go around in Iran. I met a few during my time in England. But the leadership can only be done by those who have the talent, the authority and the 'balls' to lead.

Edited by Shield-of-Dardania - 20-May-2010 at 04:41
History makes everything. Everything is history in the making.
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2010 at 03:35
i saw the video -clip of him(poorpirar) on you tube.
 he is a great JOKE. but sadly his comical value is as low as his inetelectual value.

Edited by kalhur - 20-May-2010 at 03:37
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 20:55
If we can get back to the original question found here, which was "Slavic origin of Acghaemenid Persians", then maybe we can consider the numerous "deportations" of Nations, that reportedly existed in the past?

Just who knows how many Slavs were at one time or another "removed" to Persia? And, by that, I mean forceably removed!, or deported as "slaves!"

As anyone can realize,there is a limit, whereby any ruling class can easily accept and aclimatize or assimilate foreigners!

The military expansionism of a nation, leads to the fact that the interior or basis of ones heartland, becomes decimated after a while! Especially if the wars go bad, but sometimes it might even be worse if the wars go good? That is the conquering armies, then get rights to lands and women and other booty, that makes them regret going home!

In other words, it might well not take too many years of such activity for the world left behind becomes the world of the former slaves?

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Shield-of-Dardania View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Suspended

Quote Shield-of-Dardania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 23:19

Sometimes, an elite foreign aristocracy itself becomes the ruling class. It's happened rather often.

A more 'civilised' kingdom grows, its dominion expands, the court has too many princes to accommodate, some of them venture out to foreign lands with a retinue of loyal followers. Their expertise in politics and administration is appreciated and sought after by a less advanced people. The leading prince ends up becoming king and founding a new kingdom.

If the new kingdom is near enough to the old kingdom, it becomes a vassal-ally of it. Several new kingdoms, together with the old kingdom at the centre, then coalesce to become an empire. A peaceful expansion.

Indeed, if I recall correctly, citizens of the first Russian kingdom, Kievskaya Ruska (Kievan Rus), i.e. Kiev in modern Ukraine, due to fierce, endless local inter-necine rivalry, at one time invited a group of Vikings, whom they called Varangi, to reform their kingdom, with a Viking prince becoming their new king.

While the ancient kingdom of Mittani in upper Mesopotamia was said to have been ruled by an aristocracy of Indian origin.

Conquerors adopting the culture of the conquered, themselves getting assimilated in the process, of course, is a frequent occurrence, the Hunno-Turko-Mongols being an obvious example.

Edited by Shield-of-Dardania - 02-Jun-2010 at 23:33
History makes everything. Everything is history in the making.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234