Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pourpirar: "Slavic origin of Achaemenid Persians"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
capcartoonist View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote capcartoonist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pourpirar: "Slavic origin of Achaemenid Persians"
    Posted: 02-Nov-2008 at 04:27
Originally posted by Patrinos

Where is the lost Atlantis in the whole theory?

In my backyard.  Beyond the shrubbery.  With a path running between. ("A path! A path!")
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2008 at 14:19

it's probably oslonor under a new guise.

pebbles View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote pebbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2009 at 09:15
Originally posted by Ninurta

Well, I think that filled my Bullshit quota for the evening.

ROFLOL ... that's my laugh for the day ... LOL

Who do we nominate to compile a collection of " Scyth fablesLOL,name please ?

Nickmard View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Nickmard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2009 at 16:50
Very funny stuff indeed.
CiegaSordomud View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote CiegaSordomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2009 at 03:07

I believe there are many parts of Persian/Iranian history that need revision. Im not blaming it on a great conspiracy from the past, but from more recent sources.

Namely classical, christian, and islamic historians who were too dogmatic towards vague accounts and beliefs. Literally, thousands of years of history were constructed from some passages with little if any backing evidence.

For example,  the Medes, the Parthians, etc.

The archeological evidence is clearly lacking to support all these accounts. There's also the issue to pre-Aryan Iran, which besides the Elamites seems to be almost completely void.

This 'ignorance' is also support by the government of Iran, that for fundamentalist reasons must play down non-Islamic and non-Persian history of Iran.

Ali View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2009 at 12:44
Originally posted by Cent

Why do you keep on creating these kind of topics? Are you trying to show us that Persians are white Europeans? If so, you are failing miserably.

Very true, since Persians are white Aryans, not white Europeans.
The Slavs do not qualify as Aryans.
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2009 at 10:41
Persians are not white in any sense. The majority of Persians are brown or olive skinned.
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2009 at 20:48
Persians are as dark as their Kurdish brothers not more not less dark.
Anfører
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2009 at 21:42
Did you get offended Suren?
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Ali View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2009 at 23:06

Persians are not white in any sense. The majority of Persians are brown or olive skinned.

Well, if you want to get all technical, no living individual can actually have skin that is as "white" as snow (except possibly those rare mutant albinos that reportedly have a short life span). By this standard, even Swedes are not white.

However,  there is a commonly occurring colloquial convention where Swedes (and even Greeks, Italians and Spaniards of all people) are  sometimes called "white". By that standard, the Persians are quite white.

However, the main differentiation between Persians and Europeans is that Persians are leptorrhine, dolichocephalic Aryans... and Europeans are not.
Ardashir View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ardashir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2009 at 23:48
If we define white as Nordic-looking Caucasians, Persians are not white. Persians are usually od a dark Caucasoid racial type, common to other ME people, like Arabs, Turks, Kurds, etc.
http://khakokhoon.blogfa.com
Ali View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2009 at 00:49
Originally posted by Ardashir

If we define white as Nordic-looking Caucasians, Persians are not white. Persians are usually od a dark Caucasoid racial type, common to other ME people, like Arabs, Turks, Kurds, etc.

Well, if we use your definition white as "Nordic-looking" than that would pretty much exclude the majority of the Celtic peoples of Scotland, Wales and Ireland, from being called "white" since they are mainly of alpine/brachycephalic appearance, not even remotely "Nordic" (excluding the few descendants of Viking invaders that walk among them).

But more importantly (and this is relevant to the thread started by Cyrus) this would exclude the Slavs from being called "white," either, since they are also not "Nordic" peoples by any means. And your Greek and Italian friends also wouldn't be white by that standard.

So what was the big argument about?
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2009 at 14:45
Originally posted by Ali

But more importantly (and this is relevant to the thread started by Cyrus) this would exclude the Slavs from being called "white," either, since they are also not "Nordic" peoples by any means.

I wonder if you ever have seen any Slavic people in real life. Slavic people are not white? So, who are they? Grey or yellow?

Who is the source of you "claims" Mr. White-Dolichocephalic-Aryan?  Doctor Goebbels?
Σαυρομάτης
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2009 at 18:04
Originally posted by Ali

Well, if you want to get all technical, no living individual can actually have skin that is as "white" as snow (except possibly those rare mutant albinos that reportedly have a short life span). By this standard, even Swedes are not white.

However,  there is a commonly occurring colloquial convention where Swedes (and even Greeks, Italians and Spaniards of all people) are  sometimes called "white". By that standard, the Persians are quite white.

However, the main differentiation between Persians and Europeans is that Persians are leptorrhine, dolichocephalic Aryans... and Europeans are not.

Right... I still can't understand why you want to be European. One can quite often notice this complex Persians have against Europeans. Why are Persians so eager to be portrayed as white?

Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Slayertplsko View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2009 at 18:35

Originally posted by Ali

Right... I still can't understand why you want to be European. One can quite often notice this complex Persians have against Europeans. Why are Persians so eager to be portrayed as white?

I wouldn't say Persians are so eager. Persian ARE indentified as Caucasian, whether in Iran or in the West. White doesn't equal European.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open.
Ali View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 00:09
Originally posted by Slayertplsko

Why are Persians so eager to be portrayed as white?

I wouldn't say Persians are so eager. Persian ARE indentified as Caucasian, whether in Iran or in the West. White doesn't equal European.

True.
Ali View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 00:16
Originally posted by Sarmat

Originally posted by Ali

But more importantly (and this is relevant to the thread started by Cyrus) this would exclude the Slavs from being called "white," either, since they are also not "Nordic" peoples by any means.

I wonder if you ever have seen any Slavic people in real life. Slavic people are not white? So, who are they? Grey or yellow?

An excellent question Mr. Sarmat.
And one that should be fielded by those who actually define white as "Nordic only".
Whether they do so knowledgeably is perhaps another matter.
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 05:18
Originally posted by Ali

An excellent question Mr. Sarmat.
And one that should be fielded by those who actually define white as "Nordic only".
Whether they do so knowledgeably is perhaps another matter.

So, you're one of those who define "White" as "Nordic only." I still don't uderstand, cause even Nazis considered some Slavic people very "Nordic."
Σαυρομάτης
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2009 at 13:42
Originally posted by Ali

Until I heard a Neo-Nazi try to disguise himself as a "Kurd", I had no idea that some of the Nazis have a sense of humor. A few of them think that they are natural-born comedians, apparently.

Unfortunately, it's a rather sick, twisted sense of humor they have.
back off, his a Kurd.

This thread will close on the next rubbish post. while all deviate posts will be hidden
Ali View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2009 at 16:05
Originally posted by Leonidas

his a Kurd.

Sure...of course...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>