Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Salam Ramadhan Al-Mubarak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salam Ramadhan Al-Mubarak
    Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 17:06
To all Muslimin and Muslimat,

Wish you all will get the most blessing, rahmat and forgiveness during this special month from Allah.

Star Selamat. Star
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 17:12
Salam Alaku, and Ramazan Mubarak
I start tomorrow at 440am
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 17:37
We fast from 4:00 till 6:10 and in 40+ heat! Oh if only I could move to Punta Arenas for the next 12 years!

Al-Jassas

Edited by Al Jassas - 31-Aug-2008 at 17:38
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 17:40
By us it is from 440 am to 730ish pm tomorrow
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 17:49

The problem with the Islamic world can be traced back to one thing, the failure to follow Pakistan in fasting times! We don't start till the 3rd.

Here to overeating, and even worse traffic.

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 18:52
It is good a month, in Ramazan we have 5 main meals: Sahar, Breakfast, Lunch, Iftar and Dinner.
Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 18:56
Peace be upon on all AE Muslims during your holy month! 
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 19:35
Any chance to be invited for the party?
I am a free donkey!
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2008 at 05:22
I was amazed when a co-worker described to me that a Muslim in this month is not even allowed to swallow their own spit during the daylight hours. You have to admire that sort of self discipline.

Happy Ramadan, may your evening meals be all the more satisfying for your fasting.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2008 at 06:09
That co worker is pulling your leg. ANd thanks. Evening meals are very satisfying.

Of course my office works on the theory that "its ramadan, work is reduced" and to "compansate" they make you work even harder. We did a study actually, that Ramadan was our most productive month.

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2008 at 10:05
Originally posted by Sparten

That co worker is pulling your leg. ANd thanks. Evening meals are very satisfying.

Of course my office works on the theory that "its ramadan, work is reduced" and to "compansate" they make you work even harder. We did a study actually, that Ramadan was our most productive month.

I thought that type of observation of a religious duty was a little extreme, it's good to know Muslims don't have to go that far.

How interesting about the productivity study. At as a manager I was given a document outlining the various religious groups and things to take note of during their holidays and observances. For Ramadan it advises us not to work our Muslim employees too long or hard during that month (due to low blood sugar levels during the fast), or expose them to working conditions likely to dehydrate them too much.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2008 at 11:23
yes we are all not that strict.
The stud cited other factors. For most white collar jobs, the reason for productivity were multiple. Because almost everyone had a dawn meal, there was no apprciable decrease in performance until 4 p.m; last hour of the day; also IIRC the lack of tea and lunch breaks were cited as another reason, work is continious, manager push people harder in Ramadan apparently.

For blue collar job, requiring physical skill; can't say.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2008 at 18:11

May we all have the strength and good fortitude for this year's Ramadan. God Bless.Smile

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2008 at 19:04
Aaahh Ramadan the month where all the Chubby men get cranky but won't admit it.

Remember people it's not just about the food
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
 Post Reply Post Reply