Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Russian tsar`s family

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Painterilya View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Painterilya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Russian tsar`s family
    Posted: 26-Aug-2008 at 20:54
Hello,

Because historical paintings one of my favorite themes I would like to show my last painting “Christening of the Crown Prince Aleksey, son of the Russian tsar Nicolas II. 11th of August, 1904. Russia, Peterghof”

A half of year ago my friend from Jamaica suggested me to create a painting dedicated to the Christening of Cesarevich Aleksey, son of Russian tsar Nicolas II, dated the 11th of August, 1904. And At January, 2008 I started this work. I have finished this painting two weeks ago (at the beginning of August, 2008) and I would like to show the result of this work to you. I will be waiting for your comments, critique and welcome to my gallery http://www.painterilya.com/indexE.htm

You see the moment of the christening the Cesarevitch Aleksey [1] (son of Russian tsar Nicolas II) in the russian church of Saints Peter and Paul (situated in the Peterghof, near the Saint Petersburg) dated the 11 of August, 1904 at the painting. Painting was created in the warm color register in the interior of the Saints Peter and Paul Church.
The rite of christening is doing the priest (confessor) Yanishev [2]. He holds the Aleksey.
At the first plane there are real persons that took a part at this event.
[3] Grand duke Aleksey Alexandrovitch (the cousin of Nicolas II)
[4] Empress Maria Theodorovna (the mother of Nicolas II)
[5] Kaiser of Germany William II
[6] Princess Maria Golitsina
[7] King of Denmark Christian II
[8] King of England George IV
[9] Also there two small girls near the font. It is a daughters of Nicolas (Aleksey’s sisters) Olga and Tatyana.
Also there are 2 priests who took a part in ceremony between them.
[10] At the left side there are 3 priests.
[11] Nicolas II is in the centre of the church behind the central group. It was forbidden for the parents to be on the christening process but Nicolas was afraid about the son (because the confessor Yanishev was old). That’s why he was in church at this moment.
[12] At the background you can see the church’s parish.
[13] At the left side of composition at iconostas there is symbolical shadow of Gregory Rasputin. This is a symbol of the future tragedy of tsar’s family.

And also some fragments to see more details

rigth bottom part of the painting

left bottom part of the painting

top part of the painting

http://www.painterilya.com/indexE.htm - Mystical realism by artist Ilyas Phaizlline
 Post Reply Post Reply