Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What should I write(Part II)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What should I write(Part II)
    Posted: 16-Aug-2008 at 08:27
In addition to my current project for All Empires I am also embarking on another writing project for a site that specializes in Military History.

So I was wondering if anyone could throw out any ideas for me in terms of topics as I am so divided and feel a bit overwhelmed about it again.

Thank you guys!
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2008 at 22:46
An area I would personally always like to read about, there's so little material, is Wellington in India. It has his greatest battle and worst defeat all in a single campaign.

Edited by Paul - 16-Aug-2008 at 22:48
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2008 at 11:44
What about something on the development of ground artillery from the earliest means (ballistae and catapults) to the modern standards (land-to-land, land-to-air missile launchers) and the people and settings which allowed for such changes to take place? 
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2008 at 20:46
The gradual rise of gunpowder weaponry in Europe???
Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2008 at 22:53
The wars of Philip II of France?
What is the officer problem?
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2008 at 11:19
Pick mine, pick mine!!!
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2008 at 19:08
Originally posted by Paul

An area I would personally always like to read about, there's so little material, is Wellington in India. It has his greatest battle and worst defeat all in a single campaign.

worst defeat? i got Assaye 1803 lately and it had no mention of a defeat.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2008 at 20:29
The fall of Constantinople 1453 or the 4th Crusade.
1071 Manzikert would also be interesting.

What is your favorite period- pick from that

maybe the history of the winchester rifle. His wife built all those rooms in that wierd house in San Jose, California because she thought that all the ghosts of indians killed by the winchester were after her. You could include that even.

I have completed an eassy about the fall of Constantinople and sent it out -waiting for acceptance.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
 Post Reply Post Reply