Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If you were in the Olympics...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: What sport would you participate in?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [10.00%]
4 [20.00%]
5 [25.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [5.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [10.00%]
4 [20.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If you were in the Olympics...
    Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 18:33
How 'bout it sport nuts? After sleepless nights of daydreaming now is your chance to play the games. To be a star! Go for the gold. Where do you belong?

Edited by Seko - 12-Aug-2008 at 18:59
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 18:40
Fencing. I've always been drawn to its elegance and its emphasis on speed and precision. It's also one of the few martial arts that manage to look stylish outside of movies. Not too crazy about the uniforms though, I'd prefer to do it wearing rococo period clothing and a wig to get the full experience.

If I could have a second pick it'd be archery. Boring to watch, but fun to practice and compete yourself.

Edited by Reginmund - 12-Aug-2008 at 18:41
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 18:41
BASEBALL!

Edited by Byzantine Emperor - 12-Aug-2008 at 18:41
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 18:47
Being realistic (!) I put team sports, probably hockey[1] since they don't have cricket, but what I would really love to be good at is modern pentathlon, 'snooty' or not Big%20smile 

[1] In case I'm misunderstood, that's field hockey.

Edited by gcle2003 - 12-Aug-2008 at 18:48
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 18:48
Reg if I chose fencing I know I would get smoked. Sure I have fast relexes but that thin sword...you can't see it coming. Just to dawn the wig and pretend I'm a musketeer would be worth it though.

B.E. of course you would. Now tell us what position.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 18:51
gcle2003 I could see you as captain of a British field hockey team.  When the match is over you'd hang out at the clubhouse for a wee dram.
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 18:52
Originally posted by Seko

B.E. of course you would. Now tell us what position.

I would want to be the starting second baseman or center fielder, batting leadoff or second. Big%20smile

Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 18:54
Why I don't I see shooting? My tribe has a couple of guys, I think, representing us in the current olympics, one from Kuwaite and the other from Saudi Arabia. My cousin should have went but his employer refused to give him any kind of vacation threatening him with firing. He was twice silver medalist in the Arab games and once gold and his father before himwas world military champion and his grandfather before that was well known as one of the most fearsome sharpshooter in the region. My uncle was a national champion and his son too but both didn't go internationl. I am a good shooter as well though not as good as my brother who might do good one day if he is given the chance. Last competition he was 7th overall from 210 competitors and that was his first competition.

Al-Jassas
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 19:00

Added. Just saw your application on the table. You qualify for shooting. Smile

King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 19:02
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

BASEBALL!

I'm gonna go with baseball too.  I wanna go with Archery for my Korean heritage and Football for the love of the sport but I were to become an athlete, I think I would be best at baseball.  I can see myself modeling my game after guys like Placido Planco.  Not particularly powerful, fast or athletic, but solid defense, disciplined bat, clutch hitting, commitment to the team concept etc.  I was actually a descent pitcher back in the high school but I don't think I would have thrown 90 mph no matter how hard I trained
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 19:53
You defrauded Cycling ! Intention?

I imagine to be a cyclist with tights like a belly of pork.  Ulrich the sprint-hurricane, defeating the gene manipulated monster from down under.

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 20:29
Originally posted by Seko

gcle2003 I could see you as captain of a British field hockey team.  When the match is over you'd hang out at the clubhouse for a wee dram.

Or two.

But if some of you people dream of dressing up for the fencing, think about what pentathlon offers - fencing just for starters, then you get up like a KGL dragoon or a Cherrypicker lancer for the equestrian, fix your eyes on your opponent as you bring up your flintlock pistol into the aiming position, pity about the swimming and the running but I'll think about those.

Someone years ago wrote that the fictional beau ideal of the pentathlete would have been Prince Rupert of Hentzau. If not him, then how about Baroness Orczy's Scarlet Pimpernel, Sir Percy Blakeney?  I loved the books and the films when I was at school, but for some I guess it needs an introduction:

Mind you, France would have a pretty strong team with D'Artagnan, Scaramouche and D'Artagnan Thumbs%20Up

Edited by gcle2003 - 12-Aug-2008 at 20:37
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 05:38
Swimming without doubt.  For the winter games nordic skiing. 
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 09:16
ARCHERY FOR VICTORY!
Mythica View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Mythica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 14:54
Well Equestrian is the only thing I have real training in so "realistically" I would go with that. But I would also like Gymnastics.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 17:45

Even though I once had training in competitive swimming but am only a recreational swimmer now, I still would like (in my dreams) to give a go at the 50 meter freestyle. Leap into the pool ahead of everyone else. Motor like the dickens and tear it up. Win the gold as I raise the AE flag!

Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2008 at 00:58
I am a great archer if I say myself in real life. I practice everyday and I go to archery classes every Saturday and Sunday.
What is the officer problem?
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2008 at 01:08
Seko:

You don't think sailing and fencing are snooty events?  Smile

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2008 at 02:35
Freestyle wrestling, it's a family tradition.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2008 at 08:16
wrestling or a team sport
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>