Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In Defence of Danish manhood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In Defence of Danish manhood
    Posted: 10-Aug-2008 at 20:40
That has nothing to do with it, I introduced that as an example.

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2008 at 20:43
Originally posted by Count Belisarius

Originally posted by King John

I've seen women knock out men with out breaking a wrist or any other bone, so your post is absolutely ridiculous. As a martial artists you should know that big and powerful don't mean anything against somebody who is trained how to fight.

I know but when the woman in question throws a throws a haymaker?????????Rolling%20Eyes, and where have you seen women knock out men????????, and where did they hit them??????? and how strong was the woman and how strong and big was the man????????

There should be a name for this condition. How would 'philomuotrotosia' do?
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2008 at 20:45
When you insult someone you've already lost the argument.

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2008 at 20:50

When you insult someone you've already lost the argument.
What insult? What do you make the Greek to mean?
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2008 at 21:12
Originally posted by Władysław Warnencz

When a young male student is depicted, it is usually some unfortunately effeminate `girly boy`, with his girly hair and girly clothes complete with those hideous girly shoulder bags.

Where did this wackjob find my picture? Shocked

Anyway, I could write pages commenting on the idiocy of this essay, but that would mean I'd actually let the author impact my life, so that's out of the question.

I would like to address a more general problem though, which is how many foreigners try to find their idea of "vikings" in modern day Scandinavia. The Viking Age is well-known internationally, but most are ignorant of the period in between then and now, in which Scandinavia went through many changes. If you could still find vikings in Scandinavia today we'd be the least developed nations in the world. You might as well go to Japan looking for samurai or to Baghdad seeking an audience with the Caliph.

It's true that feminism is probably stronger here than most other places, but that's all for the better, especially for us girlyboys who wear shoulderbags.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2008 at 21:18

I've seen women knock out men with out breaking a wrist or any other bone, so your post is absolutely ridiculous. As a martial artists you should know that big and powerful don't mean anything against somebody who is trained how to fight.

I know but when the woman in question throws a throws a haymaker?????????Rolling%20Eyes, and where have you seen women knock out men????????, and where did they hit them??????? and how strong was the woman and how strong and big was the man????????

Yeah, she threw a "haymaker." I saw it first hand at a party when a girl I was dating knocked out a 6'4 220Lbs ex-boyfriend right in front of me. Mind you that the girl in question here was 5'5 and 130lbs (soaking wet) and not particularly strong. She landed her "haymaker" right on the chin and he folded like an accordion. All she had was a scratch on her knuckle, no broken bones. She had done some martial arts, hence my statement earlier about being trained and eliminating the advantage of being bigger and more powerful than one's opponent.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2008 at 23:17
lol

This is my response to the essay that started the thread. I haven't read the comments yet.

What a pathetic, scared man the author is. He is afraid that women play football?! This scares him? Maybe he does well hiding in his Hollywood fantasies of "manliness."

There is a paradox about masculinism. If you are actually strong as a male, having women accomplishing things shouldn't frighten you. In fact, whining about how women control you is, well, um, unmanly. As unmanly as you can get.

Poor man! He is so frighten that a woman can outdo him that he equates this possibility with fascism. Maybe he should move to the mountains to live with the Taliban. They seem to fit his sad, poor definition of what true men are. Instead, he appears to stay put in that nightmarish dictatorship that Denmark is.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 00:37

How did Mankind get so completely twisted around?

Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 00:49

Yeah, she threw a "haymaker." I saw it first hand at a party when a girl I was dating knocked out a 6'4 220Lbs ex-boyfriend right in front of me. Mind you that the girl in question here was 5'5 and 130lbs (soaking wet) and not particularly strong. She landed her "haymaker" right on the chin and he folded like an accordion. All she had was a scratch on her knuckle, no broken bones. She had done some martial arts, hence my statement earlier about being trained and eliminating the advantage of being bigger and more
powerful than one's opponent. [/QUOTE]

Your word against an orthropedic surgeon and a martial artist cool. I've been hit by a girl who was five two and she had tons martial arts training and she was fairly strong and she weighed around two hundred pounds, and it didn't harm me in any way and I'm not six four. I think you may be exaggerating a little bit.

Edited by Count Belisarius - 11-Aug-2008 at 00:51

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 09:06

Your word against an orthropedic surgeon and a martial artist cool. I've been hit by a girl who was five two and she had tons martial arts training and she was fairly strong and she weighed around two hundred pounds, and it didn't harm me in any way and I'm not six four. I think you may be exaggerating a little bit.

So what? That she didn't harm you doesn't mean that no woman is able to harm any man.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 11:33

Philomuotrotosia rules!

I only invented the word yesterday and it turns up already on Google.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 14:37

History Forum ~ All Empires : In Defence of Danish manhood

How would 'philomuotrotosia' do? Citizen of Ankh-Morpork Never believe anything until it has been officially denied - Sir Humphrey Appleby, 1984. ...
www.allempires.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=25118&PID=472986 - 41k - 14 hours ago - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Google

Thumbs%20Up

Edited by es_bih - 11-Aug-2008 at 14:38
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 15:14
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

So what? That she didn't harm you doesn't mean that no woman is able to harm any man.

Thats not what I meant, please don't twist my words aroud like that again, and no self respecting martial artist throws a haymaker.

King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 16:04

Yeah, she threw a "haymaker." I saw it first hand at a party when a girl I was dating knocked out a 6'4 220Lbs ex-boyfriend right in front of me. Mind you that the girl in question here was 5'5 and 130lbs (soaking wet) and not particularly strong. She landed her "haymaker" right on the chin and he folded like an accordion. All she had was a scratch on her knuckle, no broken bones. She had done some martial arts, hence my statement earlier about being trained and eliminating the advantage of being bigger and more powerful than one's opponent.

My word against an orthopedic surgeon and a martial artist with an agenda, I'll take it. I'm glad to hear that during your encounter with a woman you were unharmed. Maybe you have a better jaw then the guy my girl hit, maybe he had a glass jaw, I don't know. However, your encounter has nothing to do with what I witnessed my (now ex-) girlfriend do. I have not exaggerated anything in that story. The fact of the matter is I witnessed it and I witnessed the next day's aftermath of which there was none but a scratch. By the way anybody can break their wrist or metacarpals when punching that is not more likely for one gender over another.

It seems to me that the author of this essay is not very secure in his masculinity. He shouldn't be threatened by feminists and women doing masculine activities.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 17:20
Thats not what threatens him, its the female gender getting special treatment while men are treated like dirt, where's the equality in that? 

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 17:53
How is beating up a man getting special treatment? Besides, the author is unhappy that women can do "masculine" things.

Boy, I wish more women did masculine things when I was a little kid. Then I would have done nothing but play American football with women
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 17:55
Thats not what he's saying.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 18:19
Glorifying Norse masculinity by lustful fantasy highlighting examples in Viking history as compared to placing blame on current Danish society and government policies for the "effeminate" male population says a lot about the author. I didn't read about any specific examples though. How is masulinity declining? I didn't know it was. Is the "fascist state" to blame? If so then what did they do to make girly men out of boys?

Looks like the guy who wrote the article is blurting out an anti-feminist agenda.

Edited by Seko - 11-Aug-2008 at 18:19
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 18:21

Thats not what threatens him, its the female gender getting special treatment while men are treated like dirt, where's the equality in that? 

The nuttiness comes in the idea that men are treated like dirt. Of course in some ways women get special treatment. Men for instance don't get scans for breast cancer. On the other hand women aren't allowed to get treatment for prostate cancer.

And of course there's nothing remotely 'masculine' about having big muscles and beating people up. Concentrating on that is just a sign of feeling inferior.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 19:53

Thats not what he's saying.

Oh, yes he is:

Danish girls play football, chew gum, shout and behave badly in public, dress slovenly, have bad attitudes and are generally not a good advertisement for the feminine at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>