Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Greediness Pride Parade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Władysław Warnencz View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Władysław Warnencz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Greediness Pride Parade
    Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 18:08
As we all know greedy people are often beeing discriminated and pointed at as if they are doing something bad.In order to live in a more tolerant society should there be Pride Parade of people who are greedy,put money and power on the first place,are ready to do ANYTHING for money - AND ARE PROUD OF IT?What is youre opinion - should we stop discriminating people who are greedy and treat them as normal?
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 18:27
What, isn't the world greedy enough? Now we need a parade to honor that. Alright. Let's have a 'Walk with the Multi-millionaires March' through downtown New York city. Donald Trump with his lovely Miss Unverse contestants will be there. Bill Gates and Michael Dell will hold up the nerdy rich contingent. The Waltons with "Up Yours" t-shirts should go down well with onlookers, and Sir Richard Branson will fly in the rest of the forbes top 100.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 18:40
There's a false dichotomy in there somewhere. That greed is normal doesn't justify it. You could discriminate against greedy people and treat them as normal.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 18:49
You're missing his intention. I suspect he means that homosexuality is a sin, equal to for example greed, and thus asks why there shouldn't be parades for greed (and I guess, gluttony, lust or whatever they all are) as well.

edit:grammar

Edited by Styrbiorn - 04-Aug-2008 at 18:54
Władysław Warnencz View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Quote Władysław Warnencz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2008 at 14:32
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

You're missing his intention. I suspect he means that homosexuality is a sin, equal to for example greed, and thus asks why there shouldn't be parades for greed (and I guess, gluttony, lust or whatever they all are) as well.

Wink
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2008 at 16:19
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

Thanks. I missed that. I was more taken up with wondering why sins should be seen as abnormal.

Actually we see greed parades all the time, in the celebrity and lifestyle  magazines.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 03:17
Originally posted by gcle2003

Actually we see greed parades all the time, in the celebrity and lifestyle  magazines.

Wink

Very true. What would we do without gcle.
Ninurta View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Ninurta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2008 at 07:14
Władysław , maybe you should host a Condemner's Pride Parade.

Edited by Ninurta - 07-Sep-2008 at 07:15
 Post Reply Post Reply