Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uygur,O'zbek,Qazaq which is the easiest to learn?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uygur,O'zbek,Qazaq which is the easiest to learn?
    Posted: 27-Jul-2008 at 16:47
Kazakh Gyrgiz Uzbek which is the easiest langue to learn for a Dungan-language-speaking and french-speaking people like me? Acctually I'm a Dungan (Дунгане,東干族) born in Ürümqi Türkestan,Coz i'm no longer in there for more than 4 years, it's almost impossible to learn uyghur in france ,I cant even speak a word uyghur or kazakh. its really pathetic that I love East turkestan but I cant speak uygur. Now I got a chance to chose one of these as my furture spécialité .I guess if i could speak one of these languangues that means thenI could learn uygur much more easily ?

Désolé je parles vraiment mal l'anglais..si vous voulez, vous pouvez répondre en français.
僕は英語が本当に下手だってごめんなさい。

Edited by VGM - 27-Jul-2008 at 17:21
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2008 at 18:47
I think if you learn Uzbek it'll be easier for you to lear Uighur afterwards. Though both languages (Kazakh and Uzbek are very close). It also depends what kind of Kazakh/Uzbek are you going to learn if you plan to learn a variation as used in Eastern Turkestan it's different from those in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. Especially in Kazakhstan, since the language there is quite Russifies and uses Cyrillic script. I'm not sure about grammatical differences. But I can assume that Uzbek might be a bit more complex in this regard.
From the practical purpose Kazakh can be more useful since Kazakhstan is becoming a regional leader.
Σαυρομάτης
ychennay View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ychennay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2008 at 07:55
How similar are all these languages to Turkish? Would someone who speaks Turkish be able to generally understand Uyghur or Uzbek? 
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2008 at 16:38
Well learning Uygur means you would know Ozbek and vica versa as they are very similar.
Knowing Uygur-Ozbek would  be more beneficial  if you wanted to learn Turkey Turkish aswell, Uygur  and Turkish have moderate to high intellegibility.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

alish View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote alish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2009 at 01:56

First of all Kazakhstan is not quite regional.... it is sort of back of Russia...  hmmm ... oh yeah.. we are talking about russification stuff here as well....

Regional leader..... what really does it mean..... in terms of what... selling oil???? how about infrastructure, education, military things..... too far for kazakhstan yet.... especially for qozoq....

40 % of population are russians..... which means at least half of population totally doesn't speak qozoq....... and plus qozoq themselves don't want to speak qozoq....

kun kurmagan kunduzi chiroq yoqadi

it is yet too early to boast... moron...!!!

alish
GR3Y077 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote GR3Y077 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2009 at 02:21
Kazakhstan is regional leader because of OIL. Their government is able to capitalize and they have best ties with outside countries. They have the highest GDP/capita in central asia according to world bank etc.

Uzbekistan has probably best potential imo (if they had more resources etc) but their government is stalling development with a more closed off economy etc (too much corruption). Government, leaders make a crazy difference here. The people are culturally hard working, build cars etc, its probably going to improve there in the future.

alish View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote alish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2009 at 01:58
Originally posted by GR3Y077

Kazakhstan is regional leader because of OIL. Their government is able to capitalize and they have best ties with outside countries. They have the highest GDP/capita in central asia according to world bank etc.

Uzbekistan has probably best potential imo (if they had more resources etc) but their government is stalling development with a more closed off economy etc (too much corruption). Government, leaders make a crazy difference here. The people are culturally hard working, build cars etc, its probably going to improve there in the future.

Having economic ties is good but in what conditions, nature of relations, and benefit from those relations. Kazakhstan's economic ties are predominantly in sale of natural resources.
I assume you know that GDP is calculated by adding 4 economic measurements - Consumption, Gov. spending, Investment, and net Export. The analysis of these measurements may say different things and per PPC measurements differ in each country. Besides Kazakhstan has a huge external debt which exceeds the nation's GDP.

Government of uzb is running very tight fiscal and monetary policies to protect its small economy and push to increase its domestic production capacity until it reaches competetive level with other economies.

I don't think Uzbekistan is that much corrupted comparing to other CIS countries, it is pretty much in average with others.

So, in addition to these, and as you mentioned workaholic feature is a great plus.

ddddddd.... a lots of other things.....  dddd
thank you
bai_ulgen View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote bai_ulgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2010 at 15:21

Kazakhstan IS a regional leader in Central Asia. Based on oil or not - it's another story. Their economy is the freest in Central Asia - compared to repressive economy of Uzbekistan - the country has proceeded with liberalization much more credibly than other countries in the region. Also, according to the Standard and Poor's international financial rating agency, Kazakh bank assets are the third largest in the CIS, after Russia and Ukraine. Education-wise, Central Asia's best universities are located in Kazakhstan - not Uzbekistan. 

Are you arguing that Uzbekistan is the regional power in Central Asia?

By the way, I guess Turkmenistan has the highest GDP per capita in Central Asia. They are only 5 millions.

Edited by bai_ulgen - 23-Oct-2010 at 12:05
Möňke Taňri-niň Küçü Bile
 Post Reply Post Reply