Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Batman: The Dark Knight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Batman: The Dark Knight
    Posted: 19-Jul-2008 at 17:39
I seen this movie last night, and I am going to see it again next week. This movie is too good! Man the director, Christopher Nolan, really has outdone himself this time. I have to say it is even better than the first one! I read a lot of the reviews before seeing this movie and I have to agree with most of them. The Dark Knight has some themes of Hamlet in it, and it makes it even more tragic because the characters begin to grow on you to the very end of it. I recommend anybody, being a batman fan or not, to go see this movie cause it is grade-A Oscar material! ^^

Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2008 at 18:39
Heath Ledger was absolutely awesome. RIPCry
Donasin View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Donasin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2008 at 19:05
This movie was fantastic! I adored it and recommend it to anyone who has the chance to see it. I can safely say Heath Ledger will always be the joker for me.
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2008 at 19:12
Originally posted by Donasin

This movie was fantastic! I adored it and recommend it to anyone who has the chance to see it. I can safely say Heath Ledger will always be the joker for me.

Indeed, the one and only Crown Prince of Jokers.
longshanks31 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2008 at 13:08
How many actors  and artists die without seeing their best work, RIP heath, i dont believe in an afterlife but if im wrong i hope hes on a nice cloud somewhere.
Its got to be very hard trying to outdo jack nicholson, but the boy done it.

long live the king of bhutan
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 23:39
Heath Ledger put his own spin on the joker, and it was one of the best I've ever seen--Jack Nicholson and Heath are the same; head of the class as far as Jokerdom goes. RIP, heath. you've earned it.

Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 18:51
I've never been a fan of Heath Ledger but after seeing Dark Knight my opinion of him has changed. Heath Ledger played arguably one of the best villains since Alan Rickman's Hans Gruber. Ledger's performance was definitely Oscar worthy and he better win. The movie is awesome, Christian Bale is awesome, Aaron Eckhart is awesome, and Heath Ledger was AWESOME.

Who do you think will be the villain in the next (Nolan) Batman movie? I would like to see the Penguin but definitely not Catwoman.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2008 at 12:01
Yeah, Catwoman can go suck on a lemon..The penguin was a laugh, and quite scary way back when.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2008 at 13:17
This movie is effen awesome! and Heath did a superb performance!
 Post Reply Post Reply