Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greek presence in Iran since 2nd millenium B.C.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Vorian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greek presence in Iran since 2nd millenium B.C.
    Posted: 09-Sep-2008 at 00:16
Geez, you are serious one aren't you?

What I wrote is a thing called "joke" Look it up.

Thanks for the pics anyway
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2008 at 00:19
Originally posted by norsken

Originally posted by Vorian

I must have seen this girl about a million times on the inernet.

You may have seen Farah Pahlavi, the Shah's wife. She is also from Gilan and she has also Parthian origin.

Inja ro dige sooti dadi!LOL
Farah Pahlavi has Azari origin and nowadays there is no such a thing as Parthian, Sassanid or Achaemenid origin. Farah's mother is from Gilan.

Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2008 at 01:06
I think Norsken has a grudge toward turks and Azaris. Maybe he had a bad experience about them.Wink
norsken View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote norsken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2008 at 01:08
Originally posted by Suren

Originally posted by Vorian

I must have seen this girl about a million times on the inernet.

You may have seen Farah Pahlavi, the Shah's wife. She is also from Gilan and she has also Parthian origin.

Inja ro dige sooti dadi!LOL
Farah Pahlavi has Azari origin and nowadays there is no such a thing as Parthian, Sassanid or Achaemenid origin. Farah's mother is from Gilan.

Please write in English. Farah Pahlavi is not related to Azeri Turks. Her son Reza Pahlavi is related to Azeri Turks because of Shah's Family. Farah Pahlavi is from Gilan. A comparison of Pictures of Persians and Azeri Iranians classify Farah Pahlavi as Persian and secondly as a Persian with Parthian origin.

By Parthian we mean Urbanized Scythian. We are not refering to any government or dyansty.

Edited by norsken - 09-Sep-2008 at 01:09
norsken View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote norsken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2008 at 01:27

I think Norsken has a grudge toward turks and Azaris. Maybe he had a bad experience about them.Wink

Grudge or no-grudge. Please discuss the issues. Iranians such as Mr. Suren believes that everbody in Iran is a Mede. Then they equate medes with Iranians(Azeri Turks) and call it an Iranian race. All Iranians are supposed to look like turks. That is why they reject any Persians exist in Iran.

I am a native Persian and look entirely different from Iranian turks.

Edited by norsken - 09-Sep-2008 at 01:30
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2008 at 05:16

Grudge or no-grudge. Please discuss the issues. Iranians such as Mr. Suren believes that everbody in Iran is a Mede. Then they equate medes with Iranians(Azeri Turks) and call it an Iranian race. All Iranians are supposed to look like turks. That is why they reject any Persians exist in Iran.

You will not hijack this thread anymore with this racial myth rubbish. I simply will not allow you to. Get it?

No one reply to these divergence posts.

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2008 at 06:44

I think it was my fault that I posted the pic of that Gilaki girl, it can just be said that Gilakis have certainly brighter skins than other Iranian peoples, it reminds me of an Iranian movie, during Iran-Iraq war, a boy from Khuzistan in the south-west of Iran flees to Gilan:

Title: Bashu, The Little Stranger

Description: Bashu, a young boy who has lost his home and family in wartorn Khuzestan, flees to Gilan where he is adopted by a village woman despite the language and cultural differences as well as the objections of the other villagers. A brilliantly and sensitively photographed allegory of a boy’s search for meaning and identity and his personal transformation. Dir: Bahram Beizai. 

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 09-Sep-2008 at 06:45
Ardashir View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ardashir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2008 at 18:07

1- Firstly, there's no Iranian race, Iranians are mostly Caucasoid, from almost all branchs.

2- You really remind me of  guy, Oslonor, who was as ridiculous as you, may be a bit more. Any connection, nekbat?

Regards
http://khakokhoon.blogfa.com
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2008 at 19:33
He is the same guy with the same nonsense. Don't bother yourself to answer him.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2008 at 19:58
Originally posted by Flipper

if you ask me that village looks like a typical Epirotan village in the Pindus mountains...So, what is your theory about this Kyros? Smile I mean, how, when, what? It is a good observation i have to say.

Flipper I have been here before - The Vikos Aoos National Park.
The hiking is really good and within a few miles the area changes from looking like S. California, to Montana/Idaho, to the waterfalls of W. Virginia. I have pics of the mountains and the villages of Micro and Megalo Papingo. They are awesome mountains but still not as wild as the ones we have in the Pacific Northwest or as much wildlife- especially predators. I live on the edge of the Rocky Mountains.

Those pics from Iran really look like Greece.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2008 at 20:35
I think we have had enough of Olsonor. l left him for Zagros to deal with, however since he is away at the present, I will have to make that decision. Norsken is banned for sock puppetry.  
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2008 at 18:15

The most ancient Gilaki sport is "Gile-Mardi" which is a blend of boxing and wrestling, more info in Persian language: http://sport.ir/index.aspx?siteid=3&siteid=3&pageid=799

It could be the same ancient Greek Pankration:

Some info about Gile-Mardi in English:

Its practice in public areas starts from June to September when harvesting the rice fields, i.e. shali-kari is completed.

The competition is usually held in a leveled and soft ground. They illustrate all around the field. It usually starts in the evening and may end up after mid-night. During the competition special musical instruments are played.

At first all wrestlers line up in a column and do special God worship. After the ceremonies of worship, each wrestler gets out of the queue and walks or jumps around the field so that everybody can see him and he himself can also get acquainted with the spectators. Weight and time is not important in this style. The elders and veterans usually judge the competition.

During the opening ceremonies first the novices, cadets, and junior athletes wrestle and then the famous wrestlers appear in the field.

At first a wrestler walks in the field and asks for an opponent. Another wrestler appears from another direction of the field. The two wrestler approach, and contact each other by touching their hands (jegal).

If the first wrestler does not want in anyway to fight against the opponent or thinks that the opponent is not in his class or dignity, or he can not to fight against him, he leaves the field.

The wrestlers with half-bent bodies approach each other waving their hands or their fists.

In case they need a rest, they clap their hands. Throwing fists towards each other is customary, is among the techniques, and the opponent must be ready to counter attack.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 10-Sep-2008 at 18:31
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2008 at 19:38

About Pankration: http://www.fightleague.org/

"Pankration is one of the oldest Martial arts and Combative sports on record. Pankration began in the ancient Greek Olympic Games. The rules were simple, no biting or eye gouging and the referees enforced their rules with a large stick. The Pankration was the most highly regarded event of the Olympic games. Competitors struggled and strategized with no time limits until one man became the victor and was awarded the coveted crown of olive branches on the final day of the ancient games."

Gile-Mardi has those two rules and also some other ones such as no punching on the crown of the head vertically, hitting in the testicles or clawing at the body.

TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2012 at 13:38
It's well known that around 1000 BC the Greeks colonized some parts of the Black Sea. Their expansion led to the first contact with Iranian people who were known as Persians in all ancient Greek history books. Before 600 BC, the Persians and the Greeks seemed to get along with each other. Things turned nasty when Persia began to oppress Ionia, causing the rebellion of Miletus... And the rest is history (300). 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345