Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Probes Nazi Banners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UEFA Probes Nazi Banners
    Posted: 28-Jun-2008 at 15:30

UEFA probes Croatia fans Nazi banners

Fri Jun 27, 12:20 PM EDT

UEFA is investigating racist behavior by Croatia soccer fans at their team's European Championship quarterfinal against Turkey.

Disciplinary officials of the European governing body are looking into reports Croatia fans displayed Nazi-style banners and made racist chants at the game, which the Turks won on a penalty-kicks shootout after a 1-1 draw in Vienna on June 20.

``We are looking into allegations concerning the Croatia fans at the Croatia-Turkey match involving Nazi-style banners and chanting,'' UEFA spokesman Rob Faulkner said Friday. ``The matter is being dealt with by our disciplinary authority and no more details will be announced until tomorrow.''

The Croatian Football Federation denounced the behavior of the fans,

``Such a behavior is not a characteristic behavior of true Croatian fans, who showed good behavior and friendly relation to other fans throughout the championship,'' the federation said on its Web site.

The federation also said it and the team congratulated Turkey on its victory. It added the federation participates in FIFA and UEFA's actions against racism.

The Associated Press

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2008 at 16:51
Nazi banners. Its a football game, get a life. Let people enjoy themselves.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2008 at 17:01
Originally posted by red clay

UEFA probes Croatia fans Nazi banners

Fri Jun 27, 12:20 PM EDT

UEFA is investigating racist behavior by Croatia soccer fans at their team's European Championship quarterfinal against Turkey.

Disciplinary officials of the European governing body are looking into reports Croatia fans displayed Nazi-style banners and made racist chants at the game, which the Turks won on a penalty-kicks shootout after a 1-1 draw in Vienna on June 20.

``We are looking into allegations concerning the Croatia fans at the Croatia-Turkey match involving Nazi-style banners and chanting,'' UEFA spokesman Rob Faulkner said Friday. ``The matter is being dealt with by our disciplinary authority and no more details will be announced until tomorrow.''

The Croatian Football Federation denounced the behavior of the fans,

``Such a behavior is not a characteristic behavior of true Croatian fans, who showed good behavior and friendly relation to other fans throughout the championship,'' the federation said on its Web site.

The federation also said it and the team congratulated Turkey on its victory. It added the federation participates in FIFA and UEFA's actions against racism.

The Associated Press

My bolding.

my experience: i went to one local game between the Sydney Croats vs Sydney Greek soccer teams and they pulled out those f*kn Nazi's flags and chanting 'utashe' , chucking bottles at us amongts other things (some how skopians flags and serbs flags turned up). The thing is,  exreme 'hard core' nationalist are alway at these games, though i never saw any issues between us and the Italians. With the croats their hard core do flaunt/tuant that whole Nazi WW2 history.Angry

Thats why i was going for Turkey

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2008 at 17:21
How about replying with "you lost" when they chant?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2008 at 17:28
They are like forum trolls, every team has them, some more than others - even though Croatia is my favourite European team after Scotland, just threaten an out and out ban and go thru with it if they don't behave.  That's what happened to england in the late 80s I believe and it has largely worked.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2008 at 15:40
well i've also seen some Spanish flags with the Fascist eagle of the France regime... though UEFA should care for other things first...
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2010 at 15:12
Maybe they were Jews? It was a sacred symbol for them at one time?
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
 Post Reply Post Reply