Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

World History Resources

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Donny View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Donny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World History Resources
    Posted: 19-Jun-2008 at 19:10
Hi!

I'm new to the forum and am in dire need of history resources ( preferably free) to help me further my knowledge of the ancient and modern worlds. My knowledge in these areas are pathetically weak and i have interest in making them my strong points. I want to be able to carry a conversation when someone brings up history instead of being silent the whole time while they're giving a lecture.

Please help.

I'm looking for a comprehensive site that begins with the history of homo sapiens dating back from 200,000 yrs ago, to now.

Thanks!   

Edited by Donny - 19-Jun-2008 at 19:11
Slayertplsko View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2008 at 19:26
Hi and welcome to AE forum!

I found some sites that could help you.

This one contains a lot of articles and should suit you. However, gaining the knowledge in history is a long-way run.
http://www.hyperhistory.com/online_n2/History_n2/a.html

And a site with lots of links to the other sites:
http://www.besthistorysites.net/

Do you have any particular topic that you're interested in? (for instance, my interests are Germanic and Slavic histories, and the common ancient history topics from Sumer and Egypt through Persia, Assyria and Hittites to Greeks and Romans) Do you have any? It would be better to concentrate on them.

If you have something to debate, just start a thread or join some.

Post Reply Post Reply