Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scientific Evidence Sexuality is Pre-determined

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scientific Evidence Sexuality is Pre-determined
    Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 08:21
The argument that homosexuality is unnatural because it does not occur in the animal kingdom has long been cited as far back as Plato. Modern observation, however, disproves this belief - adding to the case that homosexuality is a natural behaviour. And the evidence:

Aussiedude View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Aussiedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 09:36
Hmmm.... I'd love to know what the Muslim/Catholic reaction to this will be.... certainly if it becomes undebatably certain that homosexuality is an entirely natural and inherent behaviour...
Władysław Warnencz View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Quote Władysław Warnencz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 09:57
Originally posted by Aussiedude

Hmmm.... I'd love to know what the Muslim/Catholic reaction to this will be.... certainly if it becomes undebatably certain that homosexuality is an entirely natural and inherent behaviour...

But it is not certain that it is natural and inherent behaviour.Those are just payed "scientists" by homo-organizations or homo-"scientists".LOL Homosexuality is a sin and propagating it in any form should be punished by the law!
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 10:33
Originally posted by Władysław Warnencz

But it is not certain that it is natural and inherent behaviour.Those are just payed "scientists" by homo-organizations or homo-"scientists".LOL Homosexuality is a sin and propagating it in any form should be punished by the law!

Ha! Someone who is now accusing National Geographic of being bribed and part of some big awful homo-conspiracy. You just made my day, I shake with laughter.

Seriously, do you have any actual evidence of your own to provide, or just a heap of baseless bold statements?
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Quote Władysław Warnencz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 10:48
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Ha! Someone who is now accusing National Geographic of being bribed and part of some big awful homo-conspiracy. You just made my day, I shake with laughter.

Seriously, do you have any actual evidence of your own to provide, or just a heap of baseless bold statements?

And you actually believe everything that comes out these days as "Scienific discovery"?You really thing all those "scientists" work for the sole science and never accept "sponsorship" from different organizations in order to make "scientific" discovery?Scientists on a pay-roll from organizations are not unusual sight these days and you don't need to read it somewhere on the internet to know this.
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 10:53

And you actually believe everything that comes out these days as "Scienific discovery"?You really thing all those "scientists" work for the sole science and never accept "sponsorship" from different organizations in order to make "scientific" discovery?Scientists on a pay-roll from organizations are not unusual sight these days and you don't need to read it somewhere on the internet to know this.

Dude, it's National Geographic. And they have videotaped evidence. What more do you need? It isn't some lobby group or special interest organisation, but a highly reputable scientific body which has been around for generations and done a lot of good work.

As someone who has a higher education, yes I do think that many of these scientists honestly do their research in an impartial manner and with ethics. When someone like you (sorry are you a scientist, did you qualify for a PhD?) makes the accusation that these real scientists are literally taking bribes, that is a very serious charge and you must provide evidence to support your claim. So where is your evidence? Or are you simply speculating what you want to believe?
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Quote Władysław Warnencz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 11:15

Dude, it's National Geographic. And they have videotaped evidence. What more do you need? It isn't some lobby group or special interest organisation, but a highly reputable scientific body which has been around for generations and done a lot of good work.

As someone who has a higher education, yes I do think that many of these scientists honestly do their research in an impartial manner and with ethics. When someone like you (sorry are you a scientist, did you qualify for a PhD?) makes the accusation that these real scientists are literally taking bribes, that is a very serious charge and you must provide evidence to support your claim. So where is your evidence? Or are you simply speculating what you want to believe?

And why would i want to believe scientists take bribes?It is something awful and i would really like it wasn't right.It's however one of those "public secrets" that are well known but not talked about.Do you need an evidence to know there are corrupted politicians?We all know there are corrupted politicians in EVERY government,although we don't have evidence of that.It's the same with scientists.I don't say all of them or even most of them take bribes,but certainly some of them do.And certainly homo-organizations would do anything to proove there is nothing wrong in homosexualism - including bribing scientists.
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 11:24

And why would i want to believe scientists take bribes?It is something awful and i would really like it wasn't right.It's however one of those "public secrets" that are well known but not talked about.Do you need an evidence to know there are corrupted politicians?We all know there are corrupted politicians in EVERY government,although we don't have evidence of that.It's the same with scientists.I don't say all of them or even most of them take bribes,but certainly some of them do.And certainly homo-organizations would do anything to proove there is nothing wrong in homosexualism - including bribing scientists.

Why would you want to believe scientists take bribes? Well you seem to want to believe the ones presenting evidence in the videos I linked do. It props up your prior argument that homosexuality is not a natural phenomenon. Of course you don't have any evidence, you simply make speculations and to you that equals proof, whatever bolsters your existing belief if good enough no matter how unevidenced an tenuous.

Your logic is flawed. Simply because something is possible, that doesn't mean it definitely happened. Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty? So some politicians at times take bribes, since when does that equal the scientists' I referenced definitely took bribes? You are clutching at straws here.

The fact you would go so far as to accuse the scientists at National Geographic of bribery, in the complete absence of evidence, and of being influenced by some grand homosexual conspiracy (for which you have also provided no evidence) is only making it increasingly evident that you cannot produce any arguments based on anything other than wishful suppositions which support your existing prejudices.
calvo View Drop Down
General
General

Quote calvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 12:47

Just a question for you out of curiosity: if you believe that homosexuality is a sin, do you believe that homosexuals are that way because they "choose" to be consciously?
Do you think that they're innately attracted to the opposite sex but due to some wierd reason, have "chosen" to have sex with their own gender?
If your answer is yes, why would then so many people (5 -8% of the human population), all "want" to engage in this non-profitable activity for so many centuries when it was punished by law and scorned by the public?

How would you then explain that there are "homosexuals" who were forced to marry the opposite sex due to social pressure but showed the minimum interest in their partners..... before they finally come out of the closet?

If you reckon that sexuality is voluntary and I presume that you are heterosexual, when do you remember that you've consciously "chosen" to be attracted to the opposite sex? Or were you simply attracted and you didn't know why?

Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Quote Władysław Warnencz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 16:48
Originally posted by calvo

Just a question for you out of curiosity: if you believe that homosexuality is a sin, do you believe that homosexuals are that way because they "choose" to be consciously?
Do you think that they're innately attracted to the opposite sex but due to some wierd reason, have "chosen" to have sex with their own gender?
If your answer is yes, why would then so many people (5 -8% of the human population), all "want" to engage in this non-profitable activity for so many centuries when it was punished by law and scorned by the public?

How would you then explain that there are "homosexuals" who were forced to marry the opposite sex due to social pressure but showed the minimum interest in their partners..... before they finally come out of the closet?

If you reckon that sexuality is voluntary and I presume that you are heterosexual, when do you remember that you've consciously "chosen" to be attracted to the opposite sex? Or were you simply attracted and you didn't know why?

What you're trying to do is imply i hate those people,i'm a homofob or want to hurt them.Even IF homosexuality is pre-determined (for me it is not) that doesn't mean those people should practice it.They should accept it as a mental desiese that they were born with and try no live as normal people.Having sex with the same gender is wrong and you shouldn't do it,nomather how much you want it.And i personaly don't hate homosexuals - i consider them sinners,as we all are.I am against those homosexuals,who are proud of it and try to propagate their sexuality as something good and modern.Those people should be send to jail,not the ordinary fags...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 17:38
[qoute]
i consider them sinners,as we all are
[/quote]

And that other ninety per cent or more continues to indulge in their form of sin, but the homosexuals should not?That is if you wish to care to call it a sin and say they should but, but claim we all are sinners.

I personally do not see why we bother so much with this issue. People should have a right to do what they please as long as it does not hurt others, and this certainly does not.

Edited by es_bih - 09-Aug-2008 at 17:39
Dynbertawe View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Dynbertawe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2008 at 13:33

Originally posted by calvo

What you're trying to do is imply i hate those people,i'm a homofob or want to hurt them.Even IF homosexuality is pre-determined (for me it is not) that doesn't mean those people should practice it.They should accept it as a mental desiese that they were born with and try no live as normal people.Having sex with the same gender is wrong and you shouldn't do it,nomather how much you want it.And i personaly don't hate homosexuals - i consider them sinners,as we all are.I am against those homosexuals,who are proud of it and try to propagate their sexuality as something good and modern.Those people should be send to jail,not the ordinary fags...

Your attitude is typical of the blinkered world wide church congregation that has no understanding of how human sexuality works - this is one of the reasons why I left - lack of tolerance and understanding. The sooner you Bible thumpers realise that it's not a mental disease, the sooner you will attract more worshippers. 

In the UK, there is a huge ongoing debate on accepting gay priests into the Anglican Church. As soon as this is allowed, the Church will, with immediate effect, break down barriers that it has put in place and that has divided it. Until then, the Church will continue to alienate itself, smack of hypocrisy and persist on creating hatred. The irony is, that the Church is suffering due to poor congregation numbers, I foresee that the gay community could be the saving grace for the Church in general. 
Gorau arf, arf dysg.
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2008 at 14:18
The debate over Anglican acceptance is an interesting one. For all the good the church has done the world, especially in ages before the welfare state could step in to help, the church's historical treatment of homosexuality has often been comparable to its treatment of witchcraft in its lack of rational thinking and needless cruelty.

I don't doubt there would be quite a few homosexuals who would very much like to enjoy what the Abrahamic religions have to offer them spiritually. The only thing standing in the way for many has been the centuries long persecution, which continues in varied forms depending on the congregation. Anything from the casual frown of disapproval to vigilante killings.

The Anglicans pushing for reform today remind me a lot of the Log Cabin Republicans. While most gays would simply give up on the organisation, many of whose members make a point of expressing outright contempt for "their kind" which is supposedly a norm of the organisation, these individuals have the patience and conviction to endure the lot and work for reform. If ever there were proof of one's dedication to the organisation, that would have to be it.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2008 at 12:06
The trouble with this is that it pre-supposes that sexuality is black and white.  Either this or that.

What does this scientific study have to say about bisexuality?  If you are even a little familiar with the Kinsey Reports, you know that a significant % of "hetero" individuals have had same-sex experiences.  I personally have known women who identify themselves as lesbians, but occasionaly date men and straight men who occasionally enjoy sex with other men.  Sexuality is on a continuum; some are well planted in one end of the scale or the other; many, many others fall somewhere in between.

Personally, I believe that one's sexual drives are largely based on biology, and have nothing to do with religous or "moral" sanctions.  I personally am glad that we are, as a species, in the process of throwing off these destructive and unhealthy constructs.

I am sure that a little a little experimentation would benefit the hyper-religious.  I'm sure that it has already occured to them already; just be honest about it.  Don't be like Ted Haggard.Ouch

If you're getting laid, enjoy and fill your boots.  It's really just part of life.

Edited by Charlie - 12-Sep-2008 at 12:09
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2008 at 15:26

See you have all this upside down. Some people live in homosexual relationships and some just like to have sex with the same gender now and then; obviously this is what makes them happy and therefore it is rational for them to keep doing it. What isn't rational is to try and change their behavior and make them abstain from pursuing what makes them happy in the hopes that they will reap rewards in the afterlife for which here is absolutely no proof or guarantee. You personally are of course free to believe in the Bible, the Quran or the Harry Potter books, but regardless of how much you want them to be true this will remain impossible to prove, and therefore it makes little sense to expect people to give up on what is certain (that practicing homosexuality makes them happy in this life) for something which for all we know may just be wishful thinking (Heaven in the afterlife).
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2011 at 12:07
If your premise is true,entomology is out of this rule!?!Why do people distinguish from the rest of living creatures?Confused

Edited by medenaywe - 16-Mar-2011 at 12:09
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2011 at 13:44
I will point out that Reggie hasn't been around for 2 years.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2011 at 14:14
I have revived post about human animal behavior rituals.Post have claimed something that goes deep inside racial area.I will stress here that,even insects using different food structure can change their position
inside their society.I believe we humans are following the same patterns as insects.Sexuality and social status/behavior are connected in very weird way.If you insist will create new post about it?  
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2011 at 14:31
No, go ahead with this one.

Sometimes folks will reply to an old thread not realizing the date, and they get angry when no one answers.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2011 at 16:40
read this first:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals
You can see that you need larger social animal community for this.Also this is connected with position and
strength of male/female in group and vise versa.Spreading their smelt all around the members inside the community  they are marking their mating position and hierarchy status!Let us see our relatives:
http://www.thegaymanifesto.com/2010/11/30/homosexuality-in-monkeys-serves-vital-purpose/
  But last sentence hide something i want to be discussed:
 Homosexuality is not predicted.Main premise is that this one help to mail unit to disguise and mate with
more female units:
http://videos.howstuffworks.com/animal-planet/28384-fooled-by-nature-garter-snakes-disguise-video.htm

Edited by medenaywe - 16-Mar-2011 at 16:43
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>