Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is Germanic a subgroup of the Iranian languages?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 72>
Author
Slayertplsko View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Germanic a subgroup of the Iranian languages?
    Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 10:44
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

A MIXTURE of the Alan and the Germanic tribes itself shows they lived alongside each other, don't you think so?

Yes, a mixture of Alanic and Vandalic migrations shows that Alans lived in a union with Vandals at the time - that's all. It doesn't support you at all.

Similarly, some Slavs were in union with Avars at a time. Many Germanic, Baltic and perhaps even Slavic tribes were in union with Huns at a time. As I said, it doesn't support you at all.

Edited by Slayertplsko - 15-Jan-2009 at 10:47
A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 10:50
Originally posted by beorna

I am sure you're able to read, aren't you?

I'm not sure at all. I don't want to be mean, but Cyrus has proved several times that he has considerable diffiulties with reading and understanding even a simple article.

Edited by Slayertplsko - 15-Jan-2009 at 10:51
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 11:47
Originally posted by Slayertplsko

A MIXTURE of the Alan and the Germanic tribes itself shows they lived alongside each other, don't you think so?

Yes, a mixture of Alanic and Vandalic migrations shows that Alans lived in a union with Vandals at the time - that's all. It doesn't support you at all.

Similarly, some Slavs were in union with Avars at a time. Many Germanic, Baltic and perhaps even Slavic tribes were in union with Huns at a time. As I said, it doesn't support you at all.
There are Region A and Region B, there was no X in the region A at a specified time but during this specified period a people from X in the region B migrate to the region A and since that time there has been also a X in the region A.

Why you can't understand this simple logic?!!!!
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 11:51
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 11:56
The blue ones are Vandals. The Alans become one with the Vandals, allthough Geiserich was king of both, all appear under the term of Vandals
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 12:23

There are Region A and Region B, there was no X in the region A at a specified time but during this specified period a people from X in the region B migrate to the region A and since that time there has been also a X in the region A.
Why you can't understand this simple logic?!!!!

It has been you who has proved he has difficulties with logics, we don't need lectures on logics from you.

We understand this simple logics, don't worry. The problem comes after specifying A, B and X - you've got them wrong.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 13:15
There were not several peoples with the name of Saxon/Sachsen/Saksin in the world, it is not difficult even for those who know nothing about the history, think that there could be some connections between these peoples.

What will be your conclusion, if you read the medieval European books about the Saksin or Saxi people? something like it:

"After painstaking research it has been discovered that mediæval maps of this region list no fewer than six towns with names suggesting English settlements. These settlements on maps of the fourteenth to sixteenth centuries are located along the northern coast of the Black Sea. One of the names appears as ‘Susaco’, possibly from ‘Saxon’. Another town, situated some 110 miles to the east of the straits of Kerch near the Sea of Azov appears variously as ‘Londia’, ‘Londin’ and ‘Londina’. On the twelfth century Syrian map the Sea of Azov itself is called the ‘Varang’ Sea, the Sea of the Varangians, a name used for the English in Constantinople at this period. It is known that in the thirteenth century a Christian people called the ‘Saxi’ and speaking a language very similar to Old English inhabited this area, and that troops of the ‘Saxi’ served in the Georgian Army in the twelfth century. There seem to be too many coincidences for us to think that the Sea of Azov region was not then the first ‘New England’." Question
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 13:34
I think the author forgot to mention these poeple who are already called "Ossetians" have come from Ossett, West Yorkshire, England. -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ossett

Of course if you search about "Ossett", you will find several website like this one:

Ossettia Near the Black Sea there is an area called Ossettia. Today’s 700,000 North and South Ossettians are herdsmen and horsemen, probably descended from the Scythian warrior nomads of ancient Greek times.

Scythia, c.500 B.C. Like the first settlers of Yorkshire they use the word ‘Don’ for river and, like the people of Ossett, they chose the fleece as an emblem. A fleece being fashioned into a garment is shown on a Scythian chief’s gold regalia of around 500 B.C. (left).

the Ossett coat of armsA fleece also appears at the centre of Ossett's coat of arms, seen here in a carving on the Town Hall (right).

dragons head Is there a connection? Some versions of the Greek legend of Jason and the Argonauts tell us that on his long homeward voyage Jason took the Golden Fleece by river journey from the Black Sea to the North Sea – a route well known to the Vikings who are thought to have founded Ossett.
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 13:45
In your hands sources became a weapon. But you can't handle weapons. That's the problem. So if you use the sources, than you must agree that the Saxons are no Scythians but Macedonians, because the Saxons shall be members of Alexander's army. And the Franks can't be of Scythian origin because it is said they are Troians, and........Or do you use the bible as sources too? Than there can be nothing before 4004 BC. Stop getting on our nerves with your so called reliable sources.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 14:03
This is really interesting for me that among all European peoples, these are just Germans who called themsleves pure Aryans till last century, already deny any connection between themselves and Aryan people, we see even Alenquer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alenquer in the west of Portugal is connected to Alans, however the word has a Germanic origin, but their allied Germanic people never want o believe that a place in their land could have Alani origin!!! 
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 14:37

This is really interesting for me that among all European peoples, these are just Germans who called themsleves pure Aryans till last century,

You may it consider as interesting for you as it goes, but you're wrong. It wasn't only Germans, but all Indo-Europeans would be denoted by the term Aryan. The term wasn't used only for the master race theories, and even as such, it includes some other peoples, there are theories from Slavic side, that they are the original Aryan blondes and Germanics inherited this feature from them/us (Antonín Horák and others).

however the word has a Germanic origin, but their allied Germanic people never want o believe that a place in their land could have Alani origin!!! 

At least you've got some comedy value.LOL They never want to believe it, but they call it so. I'm curious now, does the school system in Iran provide some lectures on logics?? In Slovakia, we have it as part of the mathematics - do you have such a subject?
Some View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Some Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 15:05

This is really interesting for me that among all European peoples, these are just Germans who called themsleves pure Aryans till last century, already deny any connection between themselves and Aryan people, we see even Alenquer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alenquer in the west of Portugal is connected to Alans, however the word has a Germanic origin, but their allied Germanic people never want o believe that a place in their land could have Alani origin!!! 

Your flirting with Nazis I see... those who misused the bullshit race biology ideology and taught that Aryans where a racial term and it is not and has nothing to do with pale skin or blue eyes.

Aryan is cultural term for INDO-IRANIAN tribes that they used to define themselves.

Nuristani,Iranian,Indo-Aryan.

So if you believe that Nazis who killed Romani people for being ''non-Aryan'' but in fact there culture is Aryan because it is Indo-Iranian... but no no you want to flirt with those who stood for millions peoples death ! How low are you ready to go .. and you think Nazis hade any truth? And could be trusted?

I am disgusted of you Cyrus I did not know that you where such a fan of Nazi propaganda.

beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 15:06
If I am well informed, there is or was an Arian Brotherhood in the USA, there were Aryan movements in the UK, Norway, Sweden, France - everywhere. So it is not a pure German phenomenon. But all these Aryan bullshit (I am for sure allowed to use it in this connection) is ulta-nationalist nonsens and needs to be thrown into a waste basket. If you trust in their beliefs and use them as sources than it make me very sad. You say you are an historian, a PhD, well, ok, but you know not a bit about Germanic history for sure and if you do your job like you show it here, I am not sure you know something about Persian or any other history.
Some View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Some Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 15:08
Originally posted by Slayertplsko

At least you've got some comedy value.LOL They never want to believe it, but they call it so. I'm curious now, does the school system in Iran provide some lectures on logics?? In Slovakia, we have it as part of the mathematics - do you have such a subject?

Well at least I have to agree that there is homour in Cyrus but taking in the Nazi idealogy in here for me is just disgusting.. and did not know that he go so low to refrence them in a debate.
Some View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Some Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 15:09
Originally posted by beorna

If I am well informed, there is or was an Arian Brotherhood in the USA, there were Aryan movements in the UK, Norway, Sweden, France - everywhere. So it is not a pure German phenomenon. But all these Aryan bullshit (I am for sure allowed to use it in this connection) is ulta-nationalist nonsens and needs to be thrown into a waste basket. If you trust in their beliefs and use them as sources than it make me very sad. You say you are an historian, a PhD, well, ok, but you know not a bit about Germanic history for sure and if you do your job like you show it here, I am not sure you know something about Persian or any other history.

Well said.. could not say it better myself.

All love from Some girl.
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 15:41
Originally posted by Some

Well said.. could not say it better myself.

All love from Some girl.

But I wished we could concentrate on the discussion and that Cyrus wouldn't be resistant of any knoledge.
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 16:44
Just a Note for everyone:
I know this debate is aggrevating at times, I see alot of stuff constantly coming up that is just rehashed. But please keep it civil. No need to swear, and don't attack a person's logic, attack their arguement.
I've been watching the thread, and I know why some of you are reacting the way you are, no need to explain it. But we have to keep it peaceful here. We're all friends, right?!Wink
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 16:52
you're right SearchAndDestroy, I apologize. But sometimes we have to let it out. But then we're calm again - for a whileSmile
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 17:00
lol, Well it maybe therapeutic, but I don't want to see you guys get at each others throats more then the arguements put up. I had to give up on discussing this topic because I knew I was just getting aggrevated. I just don't have patienceTongue. But if you do, sometimes it might be good just to step away for awhile.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 21:50
No need to swear, and don't attack a person's logic, attack their arguement.
They can't!

I think their logic is that in the 4th century AD Saxons came from the sky to the Germanic lands and Alans or other Iranian peoples never put their feet on this holy land!!! They probably flew over Germany when they reached the northern France in this century!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 72>