Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mazichal, Heaven of Shah Abbas, above the Clouds!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mazichal, Heaven of Shah Abbas, above the Clouds!
    Posted: 29-May-2008 at 06:09

Those who have read about Shah Abbas the Great, probably know Mazichal of Abbas-abad, lets see some photos:

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 02-Aug-2009 at 12:59
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 08:49
Awesome pictures!Smile
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 08:56
Indeed :)
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 09:05
Wonderful, beautiful - it's like something out of a dream.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 09:34

Pffft thats nothing. When I lived in Skardu (the worlds highest inhabited town) in our Northern Areas Territory the clouds were often 3 or 4000 feet below us. And these areas are not half as beautiful as they look, you can barely breath half the time.

Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 11:27
Hello Sparten

Skardu is only 2500 m high. I could think of at least 20 different cities much bigger and much higher than it beginning with La Paz and ending with Bogota even if you count deosai within the boundries of Skardu. But to be honest, from the pics I saw many places in Pakistan especially in the northern areas are extremely beautiful but I only can judge when I go there if I do at all Cry.

AL-Jassas
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 11:33

Skardu Valley is 2612 m high. Skardu garrison where I lived was at 14,000 feet.

Efraz View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Efraz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 11:49
Damn beautiful... all my life I lived by the sea. This height probably would change me into a total different man :)
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 14:58
Originally posted by Sparten

Pffft thats nothing. When I lived in Skardu (the worlds highest inhabited town) in our Northern Areas Territory the clouds were often 3 or 4000 feet below us. And these areas are not half as beautiful as they look, you can barely breath half the time.

Mazichal has no claim to be the worlds highest inhabited town or other things but below those clouds is the Caspian sea which is one of the lowest points in the world. Anyway I can promise that you can breath easily there! Wink
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 15:56

Hello Sparten

Wow sparten, 4500 m above sea level! I spent a summer here in Saudi Arabia above 2800m and I had an awful time trying to breath. How bad were the winters there if you have spent one because I heard that even in the monsoon those places get alot of snow.

By the way Cyrus, I was wondering does the province of Ilam has similar summer places because several Abbasid caliphs used to spend summer there in a place near the city of Ilam itself.

AL-Jassas
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 16:44

By the way Cyrus, I was wondering does the province of Ilam has similar summer places because several Abbasid caliphs used to spend summer there in a place near the city of Ilam itself.

Do you mean the old city of Darreh-Shahr? But archaeologists have not any mosque there and it is believed that Arabs destroyed this Sassanid city.

Ruin of an ancient Sassanid city near Darreh-Shahr in Ilam province (southwest of Iran)

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 16:57
Really panoramic stuff. Nic pics Cyrus.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 18:14
Originally posted by Al Jassas

Hello Sparten

Wow sparten, 4500 m above sea level! I spent a summer here in Saudi Arabia above 2800m and I had an awful time trying to breath. How bad were the winters there if you have spent one because I heard that even in the monsoon those places get alot of snow.

AL-Jassas

Never there in the winters thank god, we were given accomodation in Peshawar for that, though my dad had to stay on obviously. It would snow on the 1st of september and remain frozen for till april. Summer days were pretty warm, warm enough for shorts, it would get chilly after sunset and be freezing by bedtime.
Illirac View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Illirac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2008 at 19:13
wonderful, I live next to the sea, but I would like to live near that sea of clouds 
For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it.
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2008 at 18:56
Breathtaking and beautiful.  Thanks for sharing those photos !
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
capcartoonist View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote capcartoonist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2008 at 10:57
Spectacular pictures!  Bravo!
Cap
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2008 at 15:15

Thanks, that is great but not wonderful, the wonderful thing is that you see this scene in the heart of the desert!

Kavir Desert

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2008 at 05:31
beyond magnificent.
 Post Reply Post Reply