Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How have been called your national ancestors?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How have been called your national ancestors?
    Posted: 05-Sep-2008 at 18:15
I am also mixed:

50% basque, probably called Autrigons (maybe Caristians) by Strabo; later called "Vizcainos" (this means people from Biscay, but it was used for extension for all Basques), and actually Basque.

50% from South of Spain (Tarifa, near Cadiz), have a longer interesting History:
Maybe Tartessos
Maybe Greek or Phoenitian
Romans from Baetica.
Vandals passed trough as well
Visigothics
Castillian
Spanish

I guess for the 100% I should have started by "Homo erectus", but I don't think they were called like that at those times...WinkLOL
Władysław Warnencz View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Władysław Warnencz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2008 at 19:11

I've got both polish and bulgarian ancestors,so i guess i'm mainly slavic with some pure bulgar blood too (explains my black as tar hair - bulgar side,but very white skin - polish side).

konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2009 at 03:52
Gosh, I'm Greek so who knows:
--Ancient Greek (Achaean and then Doric ?)
--Slav
--Arvanite/Albanian (my dad's side of the family hails from Korinthia, an area with heavy Arvanite settlement)
--Turkish
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2009 at 03:54
Oh, I forgot, Persian/Mede as well. 
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2009 at 03:55
I'm glad to se that most Forumers are not tripping about the "purity" of their descent. Perhaps there is hope, after allSmile
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2009 at 04:10
Konstantinius you're back Star haven't seen you here in a long time 
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2009 at 12:23
Yeah, been busy. Thanks, though. I'l be visiting as much as I can. 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2009 at 12:29

-Melayu
-Pattani
-Chinese
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2009 at 07:42
Greek
Chinese
Hyperborian
Carthanginian
Arian
Eskimo
Australian Aborigini
Nolder
Namibian
Easter Islander
and Mu Mu land

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2009 at 11:21
Hyperborian
What about Atlantis?
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2009 at 23:40
Nuh, they kept away from there, full of Turks.

Jallaludin Akbar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Jallaludin Akbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2009 at 23:53
Ehh, im not as mixed as everyone else here,

my ancestors are Rajput Kshatriyas of the Khatri clan.

The British used them as troops in colonizing Africa, where some of my ancestors settled. There, they mixed with natives so I have a little Zanzibarian and Tanzanian.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
-Mahatma Gandhi

MarcoPolo View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote MarcoPolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 01:54
Pakistan:

British
Persian
Indus Valley Civilization(native)
Aryan tribes
Huns
Greek(Alexander the Great)
Scythian
Pashtun/Afghan
Turks(many...)
Tibetan
Bactrian
Tajik
Arab(many)
African
indian
Jewish

Wow, just realized thats a very broad and eclactic group that have contributed to Pakistan's gene pool!

Jallaludin Akbar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Jallaludin Akbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 03:18
Originally posted by MarcoPolo

Pakistan:

British
Persian
Indus Valley Civilization(native)
Aryan tribes
Huns
Greek(Alexander the Great)
Scythian
Pashtun/Afghan
Turks(many...)
Tibetan
Bactrian
Tajik
Arab(many)
African
indian
Jewish

Wow, just realized thats a very broad and eclactic group that have contributed to Pakistan's gene pool!

I believe its the Indus River Valley?
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 03:49
Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

Hyperborian
What about Atlantis?

And if we take it half a step further, through Lemuria, we're back to actual historical places... kind of. From Howard to near-reality in three steps -- never thought it could be done. LOL Seriously though, Bey and Paul, these references put a smile on my face at the end of the day, for which you both have my thanks; I needed it. Smile

-Akolouthos
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 03:52
If we are going by that universe, than I have Afguli, probably a little Hyrkanian and possibly Zenobian.  LOL
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 18:44
Originally posted by Akolouthos

Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

Hyperborian
What about Atlantis?

And if we take it half a step further, through Lemuria, we're back to actual historical places... kind of. From Howard to near-reality in three steps -- never thought it could be done. LOL Seriously though, Bey and Paul, these references put a smile on my face at the end of the day, for which you both have my thanks; I needed it. Smile

-Akolouthos

Thanks,

I just wanted to add some realism to the post.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 18:55
Originally posted by Paul

Greek
Chinese

Hyperborian

Carthanginian

Arian

Eskimo

Australian Aborigini

Nolder

Namibian

Easter Islander

and Mu Mu land

What about Mexican or peruvian???
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 20:15
I will only say that Dan Brown "Da Vinci's code" is based on my familly historyCool.
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 21:44
I am 1/4 from Crete,1/4 Kurdish,1/4 Arabian,1/4 Caucasian. Unfortunately,I know none of my ancestory's languages. But I can say that I live a little bit Arabian,since I am with the Arabian part of my family.
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>