Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If your country was successfully attacked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Would you?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [48.84%]
1 [2.33%]
10 [23.26%]
6 [13.95%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [6.98%]
2 [4.65%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If your country was successfully attacked
    Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 17:02
Why would you complain to the UN?  By the time they decide to do something your country would destroyed.  It would be better to surrender than to complain to the UN!
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 18:12
Originally posted by Jalisco Lancer

Wrong choice, Pal
He was military defeated in less than 2 weeks.
Salinas de Gortari administration did not proceed to fully anihilate the EZLN because the international repercutions.
Plus, he has no any moral leverage after stating in public his support to ETA.

I wasn't really serious about Marcos, not in the same league, was more curious what your opinion would be.
It would an interesting discussion, about the EZLN, some other time, some other thread.

But didn't he fight well in the media jungle and out there in cyber space, for a while he was giving the great Che a run for his money in the popularity stakes, over here in Europe at least.

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote dark_one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2005 at 10:47
 I would ifght back. First in an organzied army, and if that was destroyed- partisan warfare. I would murder enemy soldiers any chance I got, blow up railroads adn highways and if things got really bad- car bomb. Prefferrably someone of at least some importance.
Imperatore Dario I View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Imperatore Dario I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 06:47
I'd fight back. No way would I ever let Italy fall to foreign invasion!

VIVA L'ITALIA!

FORZA ITALIA!

Let there be a race of Romans with the strength of Italian courage.- Virgil's Aeneid
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 06:55

most people who've posted msgs here are from countries that will never be invaded successfully.

if countries like the us, russia, china, europe were to be invaded successfully, i don't think anyone else on this planet could save them not to mention local militia formed by untrained civilians.

but if i had to choose, i would choose to form a militia because i might be able to form my own dynasty and become emperor once the invaders are driven out

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote dark_one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 16:50
 I would say that Russia is almost unbeatable, but people here tend to have a hard timne understanding that. China and USA are also almost unbetable, Europe less so.
Turk View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 17:38
You don't have to be a superpower to kick out  invaders.  Take the example of Vietnam beating Chinese, French, and Americans out its territories, or the Turks overcoming the post-WWI allied invasion of their homeland. Or even Chechens successfully resisting a Russian invasion.

There are many instances in which a weaker state is not overcome by a more powerful one. Belief in a cause is stronger than any army.

Edited by Turk
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 20:00

You don't have to be a superpower to kick out  invaders.  Take the example of Vietnam beating Chinese, French, and Americans out its territories, or the Turks overcoming the post-WWI allied invasion of their homeland. Or even Chechens successfully resisting a Russian invasion.

There are many instances in which a weaker state is not overcome by a more powerful one. Belief in a cause is stronger than any army.

but we are not saying small states such as turkey cannot drive out invaders.

we are saying big states are unbeatable.

���DZj�~�� ��������
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 21:04

Big states aren't unbeatable.  People said that about the USSR and we all see how that turned out.

now a days no one could conquer any large area of land.  Too many countries with nukes and countries just don't have enough men to control the conquered area.  That happened with Germany in WWII; to much land not enough troops and supplies.

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 22:30

Big states aren't unbeatable.  People said that about the USSR and we all see how that turned out.

now a days no one could conquer any large area of land.  Too many countries with nukes and countries just don't have enough men to control the conquered area.  That happened with Germany in WWII; to much land not enough troops and supplies.

Large states are militarily unbeatable.

The USSR was never beaten militarily.

Define "large". I am sure China got quite a few personnels.

���DZj�~�� ��������
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 22:31
Originally posted by coolstorm

[QUOTE]

Large states are militarily unbeatable.

Yea they are..look at Vietnam
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 22:52

did vietname ever occupy the us or china? no

they only drove out the invading forces of the us and china. that was it.

���DZj�~�� ��������
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote dark_one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 23:10
 Also I fail to see how Vietnam is large. It is quite averaged sized, in fact it is smaller than alot of coutnries. Also guerialla armies are ahrd to defeat (in fact I think only geonicide and a peace treaty can beat them)
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 23:54

did vietname ever occupy the us or china? no

they only drove out the invading forces of the us and china. that was it.

Correct me if I"m wrong, but weren't we talking about being invaded?

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 01:26

no worries, i'll correct you.

yes, we are talking about being invaded, but no one has ever said that only large countries can drive out invaders and small countries cannot.

we've always been trying to say that large states are militarily unbeatable when being invaded, which in term has nothing to do with the capability and military might of small nations.

so the invasion of vietnam would not be an appropriate meassure because both china and the us were not being invaded by vietnam but the other way around.

and we are right about saying large countries are militarily unbeatable when facing invaders.

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 01:32

no worries, i'll correct you.

yes, we are talking about being invaded, but no one has ever said that only large countries can drive out invaders and small countries cannot.

we've always been trying to say that large states are militarily unbeatable when being invaded, which in term has nothing to do with the capability and military might of small nations.

so the invasion of vietnam would not be an appropriate meassure because both china and the us were not being invaded by vietnam but the other way around.

and we are right about saying large countries are militarily unbeatable when facing invaders.

Eh..thanks for the correction..

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 03:00
Originally posted by Gubukjanggoon

Eh..thanks for the correction..

anytime

���DZj�~�� ��������
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 12:09

Never would I leave my country to some kind of wannabe-dicatator invading Germany. I'd probably go for the militia solution.
I'm ready to fight back. Die sollen nur kommen!

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 13:00
Originally posted by Master of Disaster

Never would I leave my country to some kind of wannabe-dicatator invading Germany. I'd probably go for the militia solution.I'm ready to fight back. Die sollen nur kommen!

This has been from the very beginning the most infantile and absurd discussion. Before you make all this heroic and but meaningless statements, why don't you explain who and why might attack and invade your country.
Who's gonna attack the USA or even Germany? Are we talking aliens here, the Vogons or the Borg?
The only countries that have to worry at the moment are the member states of Bush's "Axis of Evil". But the rest! Get real!
Yes Master of Disaster, I just can imagine, the good citiziens of Germany forming militias and fighting it out in the jungles of the Black Forest or in the streets of Wanne-Eickel! Very funny!
Wer soll denn kommen?
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 14:08
Let's not get presumptuous. Any country can be attcked is the premise of this disscusion. Simply by chosing a method of retaliaton or subjugation we are opening up the venues which we normally do not live in. Therefore, any answer can be respected.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>