Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If your country was successfully attacked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: Would you?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [48.84%]
1 [2.33%]
10 [23.26%]
6 [13.95%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [6.98%]
2 [4.65%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If your country was successfully attacked
    Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 14:20
Depends on being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I would leave my judgement up to the moment.
Serge L View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Serge L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 15:16

Unfortunately, my real answer is not present: I would leave the country, and fight the invaders just with words, and not violence.

Lacking that, I have chosen the nearest thing, i.e. "complain to the U.N."

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 15:59

I won't be a traitor (like Mullahs), so I will help the invaders!

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 16:11
Suppose it all depends who the invaders were.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 16:32
form a milita and then fight back!
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 17:26
Become a freedom fighter(terrorist)?
Won't you get into deep trouble back home for making staements like that?
Freedom fighters = terrorists?
Isn't fighting for freedom what the US army set out to do in the Iraq? You don't need an Ma in Applied Logic to work out what you are saying here.
Any men in a big black car outside your house yet?
They will be soon!
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 18:58
I'd definitely flee to the Blue Ridge Mountains to the West of Washington D.C. and become the leader of a partisan guerrilla band, killing enemy soldiers and domestic traitors.
Member of IAEA
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 19:21

First, I will complain with the UN. Then I'll use my allies to help me repell the army.
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 19:50
Originally posted by Genghis

I'd definitely flee to the Blue Ridge Mountains to the West of Washington D.C. and become the leader of a partisan guerrilla band, killing enemy soldiers and domestic traitors.

I'd probably be in the Sierra Nevadas doing the same...
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 19:55

Originally posted by Gubukjanggoon

Viva L'Resistance!

Member of IAEA
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 19:59

Originally posted by Gubukjanggoon

Viva L'Resistance!

Then again..maybe we'd ressurect the Bear Flag Republic...with Kaiser  Schwarzenegger at our helm!

Edited by Gubukjanggoon
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 20:13

Originally posted by Komnenos

Become a freedom fighter(terrorist)?
Won't you get into deep trouble back home for making staements like that?
Freedom fighters = terrorists?
Isn't fighting for freedom what the US army set out to do in the Iraq? You don't need an Ma in Applied Logic to work out what you are saying here.
Any men in a big black car outside your house yet?
They will be soon!

Who is getting paranoid here? Did you even vote? Freedom of expression versus black cars, hmmmm!!!

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 03:23

It depends, what country is invading and what are they planning to do once they take power?

And who would I personally benefit more from?

Is say the Unified Islamic Front or a resurgest Soviet Union of Germany was invading I wouild become a militia leader, Ive always wanted to become a militia leader, even if no one invaded....

Then once the foreigners are gone I can claim my stake of whats left.

If on the other hand the invaders are people I dont have a problem with (adbacned aliens, culturayll laid back peoples etc) and they gain a reasonable chance of suceeding in their mission (50% or more) then I join up with them for a high paying job as liason for the locales and get some sweet promotions.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 04:36
Originally posted by Seko

Who is getting paranoid here? Did you even vote? Freedom of expression versus black cars, hmmmm!!!

Some American wrote in another thread that the Americans have no concept of Satire!

No, I didn't vote in this poll because the premise is too unclear.
As Paul said, it all depends who is invading what.
My country ( no, I'm not from Ethiopia) was invaded successfully about 60 years ago, and a good thing it was too. Like most of my fellow country men I probably would have stood on the streets welcoming the invaders in the hope they would throw down some chewing gum or cigarettes from their tanks.
So unless you specify your question, I can't answer.
I certainly would not defend my country in all cases and at all costs.
But I'm glad you gave an outlet to all this "Militia in the mountains of Montana" fantasies, Hollywood has a lot to answer for.
Let's face, you all haven't got a clue, what you would do in an exceptional situation like that.
What circumstances in WW2 made some French collaborators, some passive onlookers and some resistance fighters?
So until the Canadians cross the border, you won't know and all this "I will become a Militia man" is just empty posturing.
Go back and play "Freedom Fighters" on your PC's, that's far more realistic.

Edited by Komnenos
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 11:16
I look at the allied forces in world war 2 as liberators not "attackers". The Nazis would be the oppressive "attackers". I hope the French see it that way too!

Edited by Seko
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 11:46

I think there is a great difference btw being a freedom fighter and being a terrorist...

Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 11:47

Join La Guerrilla and strike back.
We have a lot of Guerrilla Experience ( Independence Wr, Maximilian Empire, Mexican Revolution, Cristero War ). Plus, after the vietnamese, some of the best guerrilla warfare leaders were born in America as Emiliano Zapata, Pancho Villa, Cesar Sandino, Fidel Castro, El Che Guevara.
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 12:15
Originally posted by Jalisco Lancer

We have a lot of Guerrilla Experience ( Independence Wr, Maximilian Empire, Mexican Revolution, Cristero War ). Plus, after the vietnamese, some of the best guerrilla warfare leaders were born in America as Emiliano Zapata, Pancho Villa, Cesar Sandino, Fidel Castro, El Che Guevara.

Not to forget Sub-Comandante Marcos of the EZLN !
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 12:42

Originally posted by Seko

I look at the allied forces in world war 2 as liberators not "attackers". The Nazis would be the oppressive "attackers".

I agree with you Seko. The Allies were liberators, not invaders. With out the allies on Europes side Nazi Germany might have occupy the world by now. 

Edited by General Pompeius Magnus
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 13:47
Originally posted by Komnenos

Originally posted by Jalisco Lancer

Not to forget Sub-Comandante Marcos of the EZLN !

Wrong choice, Pal
He was military defeated in less than 2 weeks.
Salinas de Gortari administration did not proceed to fully anihilate the EZLN because the international repercutions.
Plus, he has no any moral leverage after stating in public his support to ETA.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>