Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPutin and Hitlers foreign policy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Putin and Hitlers foreign policy
    Posted: 04-May-2008 at 20:08

So, what is the comparison? Did Hitler dislike Georgia and Ukraine or what?  I'm afraid you're lost in your own arguments.

All the global or regional "powers" have some "interests" in other countries. Britain has interests in the Middle East, France has interests in Africa, USA has interests pretty everywhere. Why don't you call them "Hitlerist states" ?

Putin is not concerned with "democracy" in Georgia and Urkaine he is concerned with the close ties of these countries with the west, which might mean a potential threat for the security of Russia (NATO). In Georgia BTW opposition leaders are openly murdered and oppressed, so it hardly can be called a "democracy," unless you consider modern Russia a "democracy" as well.
Σαυρομάτης
Mughal e Azam View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2008 at 20:15
Whoever created this thread suffers from the "Muslim-Weakness" Complex.

Basically, the Muslim Weakness Complex is a tragedy where Muslims will blame America, Israel, Russia, India, or China for their current state whilst overlooking what they are doing to themselves.

Putin is not the one invading foreign nations for reasons he knows not.

A thread that belongs in Junk.

Sounds like crazy talk. I have respect for Putin because he has atleast improved his nation.

Edited by Mughaal - 04-May-2008 at 20:18
Mughal e Azam
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2008 at 20:23
blah blah blah Mughaal, what rubbish.

All the global or regional "powers" have some "interests" in other countries. Britain has interests in the Middle East, France has interests in Africa, USA has interests pretty everywhere. Why don't you call them "Hitlerist states" ?

Their interests are not based on ethnic lines. Russia's are. Do you deny that?

Putin is not concerned with "democracy" in Georgia and Urkaine he is concerned with the close ties of these countries with the west, which might mean a potential threat for the security of Russia (NATO). In Georgia BTW opposition leaders are openly murdered and oppressed, so it hardly can be called a "democracy," unless you consider modern Russia a "democracy" as well.

WTF? Look, I'm getting sick of talking to you. Your taking my quotes out of context and your obviously misreading my posts, and then throw out strawmans left and center.
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2008 at 20:31
Parnell, I think you need to shove your head down a tub of cold water. No Joke.

This thread is ridiculous. Not only because everyone loves to compare their opponents as the "New Hitler" but because its retarded paranoia. There is a reason why clear headed historians are more appreciated than paranoid, uber-nationalistic, or uber-religioustic historians who bend disproportionately to any one side.

The former can think clearly in difficult situations, and the latter can only think within confined, narrow parameters. Therefore they are more Hitleristic. So the question is now

Discuss the Similarities between The Author of this thread's close minded paranoia and Hitler's narrow vision of Jews, Slavs. the Handicapped, and non-Aryans in general.
Cheers

Edited by Mughaal - 04-May-2008 at 20:32
Mughal e Azam
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2008 at 20:34
Originally posted by Parnell

Their interests are not based on ethnic lines. Russia's are. Do you deny that?
[/QUOTE]
What ethnic lines?  Of course I deny that BS.

WTF? Look, I'm getting sick of talking to you. Your taking my quotes out of context and your obviously misreading my posts, and then throw out strawmans left and center.

You're getting sick? You said that Russia "has interests in Ukraine and Georgia" that's why there are reasons for the strong comarison with Hitler. But there are now any reasons for comparison with Hitler there. I also asked you how Russian interests in former Soviet states are different from let's say British interest in their former areas of influence? The only thing you can say is WTF. Well, indeed, I expect too much of you. I'm afraid Mughal is right
Σαυρομάτης
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2008 at 20:38

I am sure Parnell is the type who would believe everything that was fed to him, if he were a character in Orwell's 1984.

Neither can he construct rational thoughts, but I get the feeling he did not think things out clearly while he was creating this thread, and now he needs to grab at straws.

Edited by Mughaal - 04-May-2008 at 20:38
Mughal e Azam
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2008 at 23:56
Parnell, I think you need to shove your head down a tub of cold water. No Joke.

Cheers for the advice mate.

This thread is ridiculous. Not only because everyone loves to compare their opponents as the "New Hitler" but because its retarded paranoia. There is a reason why clear headed historians are more appreciated than paranoid, uber-nationalistic, or uber-religioustic historians who bend disproportionately to any one side.

Show me once where I compared Putin to Hitler personally. I compared their foreign policy, keen to point out that I wasn't even touching the Jewish, racial superiority issue. What I was saying was that Putin wants to maintain a Russian hedgemony on areas with Russian populations in Eastern Europe. He still views eastern Europe as Russias sphere of interest; a pre world war II concept at its best. No-one here seems to deny that, you all seem to be stuck in the petty pedantry of questioning my motives or saying 'how can you compare anyone to Hitler!??'

The former can think clearly in difficult situations, and the latter can only think within confined, narrow parameters. Therefore they are more Hitleristic. So the question is now

Discuss the Similarities between The Author of this thread's close minded paranoia and Hitler's narrow vision of Jews, Slavs. the Handicapped, and non-Aryans in general.

Close minded paranoia? Your not contradicting yourself there are ya mate?

What ethnic lines?  Of course I deny that BS.

Ok, its BS that he just happens to want to protect Russian majority areas in Georgia and east Ukraine. Sure.

the strong comarison with Hitler

I already said I wasn't comparing them personally.

I am sure Parnell is the type who would believe everything that was fed to him, if he were a character in Orwell's 1984.

Neither can he construct rational thoughts, but I get the feeling he did not think things out clearly while he was creating this thread, and now he needs to grab at straws.

Says the guy that thinks it ok to behead people who draw cartoons. Go F*** yourself.

LOL
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2008 at 00:11

Ok, its BS that he just happens to want to protect Russian majority areas in Georgia and east Ukraine. Sure.

There are no any "Russian majority areas" in Georgia and the only clear "Russian majority area" in Ukraine is Crimea. Honestly, I didn't see anything so far in the direction of "protection" of Crimea? Protection from whom btw?
Russian mass media critisizes Ukraine sometimes for pressing on Russian language. But Putin never said anything about this. The main point of confronation with Ukraine was and is NATO.

I'm afraid you're not very familiar with this subject.

Σαυρομάτης
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2008 at 00:19
 I see that the discussion is going in the wrong direction in order to avoid further trouble. I'm locking this thread for some time.

Edited by Sarmat12 - 05-May-2008 at 00:47
Σαυρομάτης
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123