Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Exodus never happened.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Exodus never happened.
    Posted: 24-Apr-2008 at 12:24
By not prohibiting it, it condones it - this is evidenced by slave ownership in Islamic countries right up to the 20th century and to this day in places like Mauritania. So it doesn't do a very good job of discouraging it.
vladzo2 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote vladzo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2008 at 00:14
to all ::::::::::::::::::::::::

count me in on this topic;

post me about new postings.

more later;
vlad
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2008 at 00:42
errr..... POST!?

I definitely have problems with that article. While it makes bold claims of no evidence to support the exodus and that its falsehood is 'beyond doubt' it produces no evidence to support its claims.

It does, of course, make good points about tradition... but that has little to do with the event itself.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2008 at 05:51
There is a possibility that the Exodus happened from a historical standpoint, too. In much smaller and concnetrated numbers however. The article does not deduce conclusively to me that it did not happen. It makes bold statements moreso to provoke reactions. 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2008 at 06:26
Egyptian records are notorious for not reflecting things which caused state embarrassment. 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2008 at 18:49
Originally posted by Zaitsev

Egyptian records are notorious for not reflecting things which caused state embarrassment. 

Ala Ramses II spinning the stalemate in Kadesh into a major Egyptian victory trouncing the Hittites.

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2008 at 15:08
Hyksos - I remember reading some article some time ago mentioning they came probably from Libya. Any other suggestions?
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12