Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

9/11 comedies on the way

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 9/11 comedies on the way
    Posted: 18-Apr-2008 at 12:52
Normally I'm not that sensitive to things like this, but am I the only one who thinks its too soon? Especially since the directors making the films are crap?

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2008 at 14:03
Originally posted by Parnell

Normally I'm not that sensitive to things like this, but am I the only one who thinks its too soon? Especially since the directors making the films are crap?

.... The film is likely to offend just about everyone with its premise....

Can't be all bad.

Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2008 at 15:24
This should probably go in the current affairs section
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2008 at 17:02
The film looks bad but, I don't buy the "people will be offended" thing. If they are to be offended, they should just not go and watch it. People affected by 9/11 will not be more offended by that than by a bunch of idiots saying that the US government did the job. Anyway, people who have been in the concentration camps are still offended when bad films are made about the subject. How long one has to wait for the healing to take place? 50, 100, 200 years?
I am a free donkey!
Theodore Felix View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2008 at 21:12
I think that its until the generation that suffered it has passed on and so out attachment to it subsides. Its happening more and more with WWII.

Edited by Theodore Felix - 18-Apr-2008 at 21:13
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2008 at 16:07
This movie looks funny as hell. I enjoyed the last Harold and Kumar movie
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2008 at 19:56
Those two high ho's are a sorry lot. Funny as hell. Should be a good one to watch.
Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2008 at 22:52
Harold & Kumar should be funny but the others hit too close too soon for me and alot of other Americans as well. In addition the others are just in bad taste in my opinion. 
Panther View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2008 at 01:05
I have a hunch "Zombie Strippers" will rake in more money then all the other movies combined, for the obvious reasons of course!

Edited by Panther - 26-Apr-2008 at 01:06
 Post Reply Post Reply