Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Imperial Glory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Imperial Glory
    Posted: 08-Mar-2005 at 14:30

mmh, I thougth there already was a thread...

anyway, just wanted to check the status of the game since it's due to release in a few weeks, and judging by the unit line-up at the main site, it seems pretty dissapointing, all nations except Britain have the same kind of units except for different names... http://www.imperialglory.com/main.htm shouldn't have expected somethign good from the guys that made Praetorians, though the naval battles sound interesting...

at least in this regard Cossacks 2 will be better. but most likely it won't be as good as a game, i heard the maps are pretty small and I think i won't like the new "capture and hold the objective points" much, but if the combat system rocks, i'm content....

Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2005 at 17:46
Well, with the units I can't imagine they had a lot of choice with the units.  It's not l,ike they could make up units for a country.  To be historically accurate, most countries back then, I believe, had the same units or close to them.  The only difference would be the uniforms.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2005 at 16:27
yeah but that's what i mean, the units all look the same, just different colour, and even the uniform details are incorrect. and even if the differences were minor, there were differences.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2005 at 17:11
I understand what you are saying but if the details bother you that much don't buy it.  Otherwise it looks like a good game.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2005 at 17:14
And I just figured out why the music sounds so much the the music in Praetorians; the games are made by the same companies.  that makes it a plus.
 Post Reply Post Reply