Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black Sabbath!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Sabbath!!!!!!!
    Posted: 17-Mar-2008 at 17:18

..Hi to all the eadbangers and metal-heads on the forum!!!

..well, I suppose I have been putting this off for too long but finally, I wanted to open a thread about the grand-daddies and godfathers of all heavy metal music, namely the mighty BLACK SABBATH!!!!!!!

.here is a page from the website displaying the bands back catalogue..

..unfortunately, I have never been able to see the original line-up in concert, as I was too young first time round, and when they re-united, I was unable to go to the gigs.however, I have seen many incarnations of Black Sabbath over the years including Ronnie James Dio on vocals..I was fortunate once to see Ozzy Osbourne and his band play at a very small club on the south coast of England as a warm up gig prior to a huge stadium tour, with guitarist Zakk Wylde, and the special guest was bassist Geezer Butler, and what a phenomenal night that was!!..I was quite literally right at the front and standing besides Zakks speakers, and it was several days, perhaps almost a week, before my hearing returned to a relative normality!!!

..my favourite tracks include A National Acrobat from the album Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Warpigs from the Paranoid album, but my fav album is Sabotage, a friend lent me a cassette around about 1979, and from that first listen, I was hooked completely.the sounds were crushingly heavy, dirty, deep, and grinding,  and the images they raised in my imagination slotted in nicely alongside my then past-time of playing Dungeons and Dragons!!!.. what a sad nerd eh!!!!!..still, I did not care, Black Sabbath remained a constant  source of musical enjoyment throughout my teenage years, and I still get loads of please from breaking out my old albums  and giving then a spin on the turntable.they are also responsible for my very average attempts at playing the guitar, although I can manage pretty much all the Tony Iommis riffs, but not really good at much else!!!

.by way of an introduction, here are couple of links to some of the bands music

.this one here is a the album version of Warpigs, originally recorded in 1970, some spark has set the song to an accompaniment of visual images, I do not want to get bogged down with the political aspects of this, other than to say, that Sabbath wrote the song with an anti-war theme and was intended to reflect the conflict in Vietnam around the time the song was recordednevertheless, this is Sabbath in their prime, crushingly heavy, real and honest and devastating in its impact!!!!..

..this one here is Children of the Grave, also by the re-united original line-up.this one is perhaps the fore-runner of all that chugging riffing so dominant in the heavy metal music brigade!!!

..this one here is of course Paranoid and is the live version recorded in concert by the recently re-united original line-upgreat stuff and Tony Iommi, for me, remains the daddy of all riff-masters!!!! (caution to the sensitive, odd swear word included!!) included.admittedly, Ozzy is a bit rough round the edges, but then again, he always has been, thats what I like, an honest reflection of this upbringing in the industrial centres of their hometown, Birmingham, England

...i know the bands music is not to everyones taste, not even for some rock fans!!! but this band is such a pet project for me and the groups music had such a huge influence on me in my younger days(still does!!), that I just had to see how many here have an appreciation of the band and their music.go on, be daring, there must be at least one other Sabbath freak out there!!!list your favourite tracks, lyrics, albums, whatever, share your comments regarding Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and that caveman of a drummer, Mr William Ward!!!

.sorry for the lengthy thread, but fans of the band will know its worth it!!..

..ta ta for now..

..AoO..

PS-warning, if this does not work, i will start a Pink Floyd thread!!!

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2008 at 17:22
Black Sabbath played a nice range of heavy metal. Moody transitional stuff to an all out Tony Iommi amped invasion. Good thing aobut them is that they were not all OZzy. They played off eachothers talents quite well. I do like their early work the most.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2008 at 17:28
Instead of Black Sabath i do prefer Blue Mondays.... (ha,,now you all have to google, what Blue Monday ( Bl mandag) means....)

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 17-Mar-2008 at 17:29

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2008 at 17:39
Originally posted by Seko

Black Sabbath played a nice range of heavy metal. Moody transitional stuff to an all out Tony Iommi amped invasion. Good thing aobut them is that they were not all OZzy. They played off eachothers talents quite well. I do like their early work the most.

..Quite true Seko, Iommi often had a habit of placing short breaks of music or guitar instrumentals in many of the Sabbath albums..these reflected the varying degees of influence other music had made on the guitar man....Iommi was greatly influenced by jazz music and this can be seen in the 'flurry' of notes which characterised his solo efforts....

..he was also a big fan of Django Reinhardt, a man whom with he shared the unfortunate disability of having his fret fingers damaged in accidents, thus seemingly reducing the ability to play, however, both men managed to overcome their handicaps and still produced wonderful and exciting guitar playing, indeed, Tony Iommi regards his disability as the main source of his distinctive guitar playing style, in that he had to adapt to playing solos, and chords, not to mention the structure of his guitars, in order to carry on playing....he has quite a unique sound and is instantly recognisable among the majority of rock and metal guitar players..

..i too enjoy the early stuff produced by the original line-up, but there has been some excellant music produced by other line-ups since, Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules with Ronnie James Dio on vocals stand out for me, although there is some great stuff recorded with Tony Martin on vocals (The Headless Cross for example)..

..thanks for the reply Seko...AoO..
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2008 at 19:31
I saw Sabbath once on the Mob Rules tour. I mentioned to some very hell's angel looking guys in the queue how much they had improved since Ozzie left............. I think I survived solely because I was a school kid.

That was my only Sabbath encounter. When you think of it I was kinda right. The last two sabbath albums were pretty poor, and the first two albums Ozzie and Sabbath released after they split were both good.

However then you realise Ozzy's pretty lousy solo, it was all Randi Rhoads, when he died it was pretty apparent which one had the talent in the band and was responsible for the two great early Ozzie solo albums, everything since his death has been dreadful. Again with Sabbath, it was all RJD who was responsible for their only two post Ozzy decent albums.

So doesn't this means they were pretty washed out in 76 and have done nothing themselves of any worth since?

Edited by Paul - 17-Mar-2008 at 19:41
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2008 at 20:41

Originally posted by Paul

I saw Sabbath once on the Mob Rules tour. I mentioned to some very hell's angel looking guys in the queue how much they had improved since Ozzie left............. I think I survived solely because I was a school kid.

That was my only Sabbath encounter. When you think of it I was kinda right. The last two sabbath albums were pretty poor, and the first two albums Ozzie and Sabbath released after they split were both good.

However then you realise Ozzy's pretty lousy solo, it was all Randi Rhoads, when he died it was pretty apparent which one had the talent in the band and was responsible for the two great early Ozzie solo albums, everything since his death has been dreadful. Again with Sabbath, it was all RJD who was responsible for their only two post Ozzy decent albums.

So doesn't this means they were pretty washed out in 76 and have done nothing themselves of any worth since?

..Hi Paul..

..seems like you had a lucky escape with the Angels that evening.reminds me of a Motrhead gig I went to when I was about 13 years oldthe event was attended by two chapters of Angels, all their bikes were lined up outside the venue (the Old Hammersmith Odeon in London) and it was a very impressive sight!!!I remember trying desperately to get served a pint at the bar and standing next to some of these fellas and having a conversation with them about motorbikes, their jacket patches and Motrheads music.. All of them we spoke to were nice enough and belied the reputation they have, but then again, we were all there for the same thing I suppose

..your right Paul about the Dio and Ozzy argument, there still remains some debate amongst fans as to who was the best for Sabbath.Dio was undoubtedly the best singer.but Ozzy was the better showmanClown, and the original line-up still remains the most pure and unadulterated classic Sabbath no matter how rough they sounded in the later years  Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules were damn fine albums and brought the Sabbath sound back up to dateClap, Falling of the Edge of the World and Die Young still sound fantastic today!!.. Nevertheless, although Ronnie was responsible for this fresh injection, it was still Iommis outstanding mastery of writing quality riffs and tunes that allowed Sabbath some well-deserved rejuvenated success..the debate will often focus on whether the two best albums with Ronnie James Dio stand up to the best albums that Sabbath made with Ozzyfor me they do not  Sabotage, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, and especially Paranoid I believe, are all better albums than the efforts recorded with Ronnie James DioCool...washed out by 1976???.. a bit when compared to previous efforts, but most definitely drugged up!!Dead...

..Randy Rhoads was a gifted guitar player and it appears true, in hindsight, that the Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman albums were the best output from Ozzy as a solo artist.Mr Crowley remains a favourite of mine, as does the track Diary of a Madman.Ozzy has admitted himself that his most satisfying and best song-writing occurred while he was partner in crime with Randy.Ozzy had the ideas but it was Randy that could translate them into bonafide classic rock songsI thought some of music create with Zakk Wylde was pretty decent, and the Bark at the Moon album with Jake. E. Lee was great.. 

..sure, the last two albums (Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die) did not reach the heights that Sabbath had previously held, and for someone who is not an avid fan, I can understand why these two albums seemed disappointing.for me, however, there are one or two or three tracks that still reach the grade, although I think the sound engineering on both these albums was very poor indeed.nevertheless, something about the original Sabbath still tugs at these (fairly old) heart and guitar strings..Heart

..Thanks for your post Paul..

..AoO

PS-Ok, hands up who thought this thread was going to be about witchcraft????Embarrassed
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2008 at 20:54

..by the way, these are the lyrics from my favourite song from the Sabotage album, great stuff and a brooding, building, mountainous, tune to boot

Megalomania

I hide myself inside the shadows of shame

The silent symphonies were playing their game

My body echoed to the dreams of my soul

It started something that I could not control

Where can I run to now, the joke is on me

No sympathizing God, its insanity yeah

Why don't you just get out of my life, yeah

Why don't you just get out of my life, now

Why doesn't everybody leave me alone, now

Why doesn't everybody leave me alone, yeah

Obsessed with fantasy, possessed with my schemes

I mixed reality with pseudo god dreams

The ghost of violence was something I'd seen

I sold my soul to be the human obscene

How could this poison be the dream of my soul

How did my fantasies take complete control, yeah

Why don't you just get out of my life, yeah?

Why don't you just get out of my life now?

Why doesn't everybody leave me alone now?

Why doesn't everybody leave me alone, yeah?

Well I feel something's taking me I don't know where

It's like a trip inside a separate mind

The ghost of tomorrow from my favorite dream

Is telling me to leave it all behind

Feel it slipping away, slipping in tomorrow

Got to get to happiness

Want no more of sorrow

Realized when to hide

How I tried to get away from you now

Now am I right if I fight

That I might just get away from you now

Sting me!

Well I feel something's giving me the chance to return

It's giving me the chance of saving my soul

Pictures of demigod are fading away

I'm going backwards but I'm in control

Getting back to sanity, providence of sorrow

Was it wise to disguise

Is there a way that I could pay

Or is it true I have to stay with you now

How I lied, went to hide

Am I right in my fight?

That I might just get away from you now

Suck me!

I'm really digging schizophrenia, the best of the earth

I've chase my soul in the fires of hell

Peace of mind eluded me but now it's all mine

I simply try but he wants me to fail

Now I've found my happiness, providence of sorrow

No more lies, I got wise

I despise the way I worshipped you yeah

Now I'm free let me see

That now instead, I won't be led by you now

Free!

Clap..see, i told you i was a Sabbath freak!!!!!!!!!....

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2008 at 21:15
Wow! I just checked my old ticket collection. We could have been at the very same Motorhead concert. I was at Hammersmith that year too. I remember the bikes outside too.

You're not a Hawkwind fan are you?
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2008 at 21:41
Originally posted by Paul

Wow! I just checked my old ticket collection. We could have been at the very same Motorhead concert. I was at Hammersmith that year too. I remember the bikes outside too.

You're not a Hawkwind fan are you?

.You know Paul, somewhere amongst all my tat in the loft is an old scrap book containing all things Sabbath related, but in the same book, I kept all my old ticket stubs from concerts, and I know that the Motrhead tickets would be in there too, only problem is, the book could be mouse fodder by nowit is quite possible that we were there together as it werethe year and date is hazy, could have been 1982 or 1983, its hard to recall as over the years I think I have notched up about 15 to 20 or so Motrhead gigsI also attended the 10th Anniversary Birthday Party at Hammersmith Odeon which if I remember correctly, the Angels were also on display that evening as well!!!.I still have my little head pin badge given out to all those who attended!!!ha ha.did I mention I was a Motrhead nut as well!!!

..yes, I do like Hawkwind although for some reason I do not have any more albums by themhard to remember song titles as well as many of the tunes were heard in shall we say, a bit of a fog, at various friends houses!!!. however, I do remember having Hall of the Mountain Grill and You Better Believe It as a favourite song.i also had Warrior on the Edge of Timein addition, I know it is a much later album, but I also owned Chronicle of the Black Sword which I loved!!!.and of course, there is Silver Machine and the Lemmy connection!!!!

you know Paul, I once stood next to the Lemster in a gents toilet in some pub near Hammersmith prior to yet another Motrhead concert, I was quite young, and was totally awestruck and a little embarrassed, not just by the fact that I was with one of my all time heroes, but also the idea we taking a leak side by sidedressed in my deinm and leathers, it was obvious I was a fan, I said Hi, he said Hi back, asked if I was doing ok, yep was my stunted reply, zipped up and then back into the very, very crowded pub!!!never saw him again that night and there goes my claim to fame!!!!

Edited by Act of Oblivion - 17-Mar-2008 at 21:42
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2008 at 21:17

..bump...whoops....Cheeky

...all you prog-rock fans are not keep this rocker downtongue, so here i am again with a fairly controversial pick from the mighty Sabbath's past......

..the album Born Again tends to promote divided opinion amongst Sab's fans as it featured the ex-Deep Purple singer Ian Gillan, and while this seemed sacrilege to some i actually thought Born Again was a good album....different, yes, pretty bad sleeve cover, yes, and i must point out in all fairness that the subsequent tour featuring a 'model' of Stonehenge provided a wee bit of inspiration for Spinal Tap!!!!.....here is Mr Gillan recounting exactly what happenedLOL.....

....However, some of the songs are so underated in my opinion....Zero the Hero has a heavy riff to die for!!! Disturbing the Priest is an acquired taste but it ticks all the right boxes for me....even so, the members of the band now concede that it was not perhaps the best of ideas and that maybe the album 'failed'...complaints were made that the songs were, in their original form, very good, but the quality was lost in the eventual mixing process....maybe....anyhow, most either love it or hate it, rarely is a reviewer indifferent....

..but here is the title track as an unmixed demo....check it out, its a moody, slower song and Gillan's vocal talents shine through i think....great solo from Master Iommi...

"As you look through my window

Deep into my room

At the tapestries all faded

Their vague and distant glories

Concealed in the gloom

The icy fingers of forgotten passions

Softly brushing my lips

At the tips of my primitive soul

As you look through my door

Deep into my room

Can you feel the mighty wall of power

Its waiting, waiting in the gloom

The distant shadows of forgotten champions

Those who live in me still

And will rise when we challenge and kill

Born again

Youll be born again

Look at this prince of evil

Fighting for your mind

Fighting all the priests of shame

For the thrust of my challenge is aimed

At the hearts of mutant gods

Who think were all the same

Theyre controlling our minds

And they use us for fortune and fame

As you look through my window

Deep into my room

At your future and freedom

The grey and plastic retards all floating in circles

And as you taste the fruits of new sensations

Softly brushing your lips

As we rise when we challenge and kill

Born again

Youll be born again

If you want to be king for a day

Just do what I say

Everybodys got to think like a hunter

Just search for your prey

Be alive through the night and the day

Just do it my way"

......last but not least, this is a sneaky little treat for Sabbath/rock fans...its Queen's Stone Cold Crazy..but...BUT..with Metallica's James Hetfield on vocals and Tony Iommi helping out Brian May on guitar duties!!!!...this was from the Freddie Mercury tribute concert and apparently, James was nearly wetting himself with excitement by playing alongside his musicial heroes!!!!...

..so, ta ta for now music fans....if i am the last Sabbath fan ever, i will keep this thread alive, kicking and screaming.....Thumbs%20Up....Embarrassed....

..all the best....AoO...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2008 at 22:11

....while i am about tonight, i thought i would ram home a little more  ...Viking
....with a link to my favourite Sab's song of all time....this is from the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath album... Approve

A National Acrobat

..."I am the world that hides

The universal secret of all time

Destruction of the empty spaces

Is my one and only crime

Ive lived a thousand times

I found out what it means to be believed

The thoughts and images

The unborn child that never was conceived

When little worlds collide

Im trapped inside my embryonic cell

And flashing memories

Are cast into the never ending well

The name that scorns the face

The child that never sees the cause of man

The deathly darkness that

Belies the fate of those who never ran

Well I know its hard for you

To know the reason why

And I know youll understand

More when its time to die

Dont believe the life you have

Will be the only one

You have to let your body sleep

To let your soul live on

Love has given life to you

And now its your concern

Unseen eyes of inner life

Will make your soul return

Still I look but not to touch

The seeds of life are sown

Curtain of the future falls

The secret stays unknown

Just remember love is life

And hate is living death

Treat your life for what its worth

And live for every breath

Looking back Ive lived and learned

But now Im wondering

Here I wait and only guess

What this next life will bring".....

..ok, ok....that is all for now i promise...Praying
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2008 at 23:18
Originally posted by Act of Oblivion

..ok, ok....that is all for now i promise...Praying

...well, promises are meant to be broken...!!!

.....its great having a thread all to myself, the musics great, the company excellant, no-one to argue with, the beers cheap, the fire is warm down here, and best of all, nobody comes knocking on the door asking for the sounds to be turned down..!!!!!!Cheers....
....the basement is all MINE MINE MINECool .....(bah humbug-who needs prog-rockers anywayStern%20Smile)......perhaps no-one is looking, so i can do what i like....Evil%20Smile Evil%20SmileEvil%20SmileEvil%20SmileEvil%20SmileEvil%20SmileEvil%20Smile...

....so i will post another link to yet another fav Sabbath song.....i think you will like this one AoO.....(i am sure i will-AoO)....

...so heres Don't Start (Too Late) from the Sabotage album, great record but an awful cover with Bill Ward in strange looking tightsShocked(!!!!)....this beast is an epic 9 minutes long, moody beginning but ends with an evil riff from Master Iommi which gets fuzzier and dirtier as the song builds towards its climax (ooh err missusEmbarrassed)....

..All the best AoO...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2008 at 23:35

...so heres Don't Start (Too Late) from the Sabotage album,

..wow, wow, WOW, that is a great stuff AoO(your welcome)...

..a real classic (i know)...

..will there be anymore from this album (very probably, all the best for now AoO)...

Evil%20SmileEvil%20SmileEvil%20Smile  Evil%20Smile              Evil%20Smile     Evil%20Smile      Evil%20Smile
Evil%20Smile             Evil%20Smile          Evil%20Smile       Evil%20Smile      Evil%20Smile     
Evil%20SmileEvil%20SmileEvil%20Smile       Evil%20Smile     Evil%20Smile          Evil%20Smile      Evil%20Smile
Evil%20Smile                  Evil%20SmileEvil%20Smile            Evil%20Smile       Evil%20Smile
Evil%20SmileEvil%20SmileEvil%20Smile            Evil%20Smile              Evil%20Smile       Evil%20SmileEvil%20SmileEvil%20SmileEvil%20Smile

Edited by Act of Oblivion - 23-Jun-2008 at 23:36
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 22:10
...seeing as Seko has enquired about my favourite album from the first four Sabbath releases, i thought i would be cheeky and ressurect my 'homage to Sabbath' thread and answer the question!!!EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed.. because its gets lonely here on my own...Cry...

....anyway Seko....fav album from the first four is hard to choose but it would probably be 'Paranoid' just on the strength of the mighty 'Warpigs' track..Bowing...but 'Black Sabbath' runs a very close second, and 'Vol 4' and 'Masters of Reality' tie in 3rd place...

..all the best....Evil Smile

Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 22:15

...seeing as Seko has enquired about my favourite album from the first four Sabbath releases, i thought i would be cheeky and ressurect my 'homage to Sabbath' thread and answer the question!!!EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed.. because its gets lonely here on my own...Cry...

....anyway Seko....fav album from the first four is hard to choose but it would probably be 'Paranoid' just on the strength of the mighty 'Warpigs' track..Bowing...but 'Black Sabbath' runs a very close second, and 'Vol 4' and 'Masters of Reality' tie in 3rd place...

..all the best....Evil Smile

I think Paranoid was when they were at their musical peak, before the drug abuse really took its toll and Ozzy killed his voice.

Didn't Rick Wakeman, who was a friend of Ozzy, come in to play keyboards on a track on Masters?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 22:25
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

I think Paranoid was when they were at their musical peak, before the drug abuse really took its toll and Ozzy killed his voice.

Didn't Rick Wakeman, who was a friend of Ozzy, come in to play keyboards on a track on Masters?

..aye, i think there  are strong rumours that Rick appeared on Masters....he definitely played on the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath album...which i think was one of their best..you can hear Rick's contribution pretty much throughout the whole record... Paranoid is a great, great album but my top choice is Sabotage...some would argue that the album is musically inferior to other releases, but for me its personal, the record captures the menace of Sabbath's music in a darker fashion and that struck a (E) 'chord' with me when i was a young, socially backward, denim and leather wearing metal head!!...Hole in the Sky is a pure heavy classic... !!!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2009 at 00:33

Jesus!

I though it was other of those Afrocentric topics...

- Was "Sabbath" black?
- No, it wasn't
- But there is some "Sabbath" down South that are Black...
-Yes, but we aren't taking about those but these...
- You are Eurocentric...

... Etc...

Just kidding. I loved "Black Sabbath"... when I was young Wink

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2009 at 00:37
Originally posted by pinguin

Jesus!

I though it was other of those Afrocentric topics...

- Was "Sabbath" black?
- No, it wasn't
- But there is some "Sabbath" down South that are Black...
-Yes, but we aren't taking about those but these...
- You are Eurocentric...

... Etc...

Just kidding. I loved "Black Sabbath"... when I was young Wink

..^..LOLLOLLOL....how slack is the haddock!!!!...
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2009 at 00:39
Never listened to them..My Norwegian housemate on the other hand, never stops!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2009 at 00:44
Originally posted by Dolphin

Never listened to them..My Norwegian housemate on the other hand, never stops!

..LOL..i am not surprised...Norway...the 'spiritual' home of all things death/doom/satanic metal!!!Evil Smile....the Sabs, i guess, would be considered the grand-daddies of that scene....Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>