Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Islam and The World

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Poll Question: What Is The First Thing You Think of When You Hear The Word Islam?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
32 [32.65%]
19 [19.39%]
9 [9.18%]
17 [17.35%]
1 [1.02%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
20 [20.41%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islam and The World
    Posted: 25-Jun-2005 at 04:44
Originally posted by Thegeneral

Sorry to say this but when I hear Islam I think of terrorism and especially 9/11.

Just curiosity, why noone remember christianity as serbs and their genocide?

It looks like you are not looking Islam neutral, so you prefer to see what is bad in Islam. But you dont look christianity like this way.

aakhonba View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote aakhonba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2005 at 04:51

you're full of hate man. You need to relax

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2005 at 11:34

I think islam i peace religion 

the terrorist is a temprary situation they aren't belong to islam only in the face they are unbeliver  they killed people in iraq without any reason they are killers almost of iraqi people hte them the root of islamic terror came from wahhabist from saudi arabia i am not mean saudian people i mean the follower of mohammed abid alwahhab the terror exist in other places like serbia in everywhere you see good people and bad people any time and any where.

in iraq we are in fighting now with terror now nd we must win i belive   we' ll win and god with us.

real muslims don't hate any other religion we respect all heaven religion we like all prophet and belive in them like abraham,mosses.jessus and all the prophets so before take your judgment on islam think about muslim as humanbeing like you.         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;        

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Degredado View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Degredado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2005 at 13:31

I think about Arabs whenever I hear or read about Islam. I also think about a certain Arabic cultural hegemony (why couldn't the muslims of Syria speak Aramaic? Why won't the Egyptians speak Egyptian? And what about the Berbers?). The fact that muslims say that the fact that God Almighty spoke in Arab to Mohammed means that Arab is a holy language irks me a bit.

Well, the Serbs are Serbs, and that whole balkans thing - even though religion did play a part - was mostly ethnic. BTW, weren't there islamic volunteers in Bosnia doing all sorts of crap as well?

Edited by Degredado
Vou votar nas putas. Estou farto de votar nos filhos delas
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2005 at 13:35
Yes there were.
I think the point he is raising is something like this:
Some muslims do something bad = OMG teh bad muslims
Some christian serbs do something bad = Meh, thats just some wierdo Serbs

Double standards in other words.

Oh, and i voted other, the first thing i think of when i hear the word Islam is Submission

Edited by Cywr
Arrrgh!!"
Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 02:51
Originally posted by OSMANLI

What Does Islam Say about Terrorism?

Islam, a religion of mercy, does not permit terrorism.  In the Quran, God has said:

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes.  God loves just dealers.  (Quran, 60:8)

The Prophet Muhammad  used to prohibit soldiers from killing women and children,1 and he would advise them: {...Do not betray, do not be excessive, do not kill a newborn child.}2  And he also said: {Whoever has killed a person having a treaty with the Muslims shall not smell the fragrance of Paradise, though its fragrance is found for a span of forty years.}3

Also, the Prophet Muhammad  has forbidden punishment with fire.4

He once listed murder as the second of the major sins,5 and he even warned that on the Day of Judgment, {The first cases to be adjudicated between people on the Day of Judgment will be those of bloodshed.6}7

Muslims are even encouraged to be kind to animals and are forbidden to hurt them.  Once the Prophet Muhammad  said: {A woman was punished because she imprisoned a cat until it died.  On account of this, she was doomed to Hell. While she imprisoned it, she did not give the cat food or drink, nor did she free it to eat the insects of the earth.}8

He also said that a man gave a very thirsty dog a drink, so God forgave his sins for this action.  The Prophet  was asked, Messenger of God, are we rewarded for kindness towards animals?  He said: {There is a reward for kindness to every living animal or human.}9

Additionally, while taking the life of an animal for food, Muslims are commanded to do so in a manner that causes the least amount of fright and suffering possible.  The Prophet Muhammad  said: {When you slaughter an animal, do so in the best way.  One should sharpen his knife to reduce the suffering of the animal.}10

In light of these and other Islamic texts, the act of inciting terror in the hearts of defenseless civilians, the wholesale destruction of buildings and properties, the bombing and maiming of innocent men, women, and children are all forbidden and detestable acts according to Islam and the Muslims.  Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy, and forgiveness, and the vast majority have nothing to do with the violent events some have associated with Muslims.  If an individual Muslim were to commit an act of terrorism, this person would be guilty of violating the laws of Islam.

Oh please would you cut this.

When I hear Islam I hear oppression.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 02:57
Originally posted by Murtaza

Originally posted by Thegeneral

Sorry to say this but when I hear Islam I think of terrorism and especially 9/11.

It looks like you are not looking Islam neutral, so you prefer to see what is bad in Islam. But you dont look christianity like this way.

Why I tell you WHY MUSLIM. Jesus never invaded no country, Jesus never killed anyone, Jesus never preached violence, it is just not in the  doctrine. are you getting that, there is no violence whatsoever in Jesus doctrine, whereas Islam is founded on invasion. And I'm an atheist here. whatever a christian does it is not because of christianism but because of the christian, the same cannot be said about Islam. Do you understandddddddddd.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 06:50

[/QUOTE]

Why I tell you WHY MUSLIM. Jesus never invaded no fvcking country, Jesus never killed anyone, Jesus never preached violence, it is just not in the fvcking doctrine. are you getting that, there is no violence whatsoever in Jesus doctrine, whereas Islam is founded on invasion. And I'm an atheist here. whatever a christian does it is not because of christianism but because of the christian, the same cannot be said about Islam. Do you understandddddddddd.

[/QUOTE]

I'm christian and disagree: Inquisition, religious wars, jews persecutions

For Christianity all of these, I hope, were history, not for Islam, their faith is not fitted with the development of modern civilization, they don't understand the actual world and cannot adapt themselves.  I think  is not a religious problem but educational one.
"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 07:06

Actually, Richard XIII, that's what Quetzalcoatl said. What a christian does is not because christianity told him to do so, but because he chose to do so. And people can decide wrongly.

Inquisition, witch-hunts, crusades, persecutions, and so on were mistakes of people, not of the christian doctrine. Christ said just "Love eachother". Nothing else. All the rest was completed by the churches here and there and all those who seeked to rule by keeping people in dark, hence the dark ages too, imho.

CARRY NOTHING
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 07:20

And some muslims today chose to be terrorists and kill other people, actually in lace>lace>Iraqlace>lace> most of the killed people are Iraqi not Christians. Jesus was some kind of saint for muslims. Maybe the problem is religious in a subtle way not like Quetzalcoatl assertion muslim=killer, why in lace>Romanialace> arabs and turks are absolutely normal people, I have friends from them and no one agree terrorism. Maybe the Islam must be modernized.>>

Albert Einstein
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 07:36

This is totally different story. In my opinion again, most of the religions need to be modernised, because they contain anachronistic elements which render them either unpopular or totalitarian. Orthodox christianity needs a wholesale refurbishment, as far as I am concerned, and perhaps Islam too, but I will not elaborate too much on Islam, as I am neither an expert or a Muslim, and I actually declare that I am quite ignorant of the teachings of the Quran and I will not even attempt to suggest what changes might be of either use or need, if any.

(edited for spelling mistakes)

Edited by Menippos
CARRY NOTHING
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 07:42
Originally posted by Richard XIII

And some muslims today chose to be terrorists and kill other people, actually in lace>lace>Iraqlace>lace> most of the killed people are Iraqi not Christians. Jesus was some kind of saint for muslims. Maybe the problem is religious in a subtle way not like Quetzalcoatl assertion muslim=killer, why in lace>Romanialace> arabs and turks are absolutely normal people, I have friends from them and no one agree terrorism. Maybe the Islam must be modernized.>>

I never said muslim = killer. I said christianism preached no violence whatsoever but Islam was founded on violence. A muslim has freewill as far as I know.

Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 07:47

I'm not an expert too and I agree that Orthodox christianity need to be modernized, Catholic christianity recognize evolution, Orthodox not, at least in lace>Romanialace> there is a powerful ecumenical movement contucted by actual Patriarch.  >>

Albert Einstein
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 07:50
Originally posted by Tobodai

What immediately comes to my mind is sand, Arabs, pointed domed architecture, and rapid expansion.  The image of Islamic cavalry speedily moving through the desert if you will.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 08:06
Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl

I never said muslim = killer. I said christianism preached no violence whatsoever but Islam was founded on violence. A muslim has freewill as far as I know.

I think we need a turk to explain Quran and Islam, how do you know that Islam is founded on violence and how one billion people with free will are muslim if Islam is a violent religion?

Albert Einstein
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 08:17
Personally, when I hear the word "Islam", I see camels, sand, honourable people, good traders and good neighbours for millennia, diespites all the wars that we happened to make with eachother, due to imperialist rulers.
CARRY NOTHING
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 08:37

I think of "Submission". I think not of free will, au contraire. I think of religious oppression, i think of controlled masses, i think of human herds, doing what "the book says" without bothering to consider their options.

To make my point of view clear, i am an atheist. I think exactly the same things as stated above about Christianity too. And all the other religions. So don't call me an Islam-hater or anything

Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 08:42

People of the world, relax.

Don't just read the books, meet the people.

CARRY NOTHING
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 09:56
Originally posted by Menippos

People of the world, relax.

Don't just read the books, meet the people.

And try to understand.

Albert Einstein
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 18:08
I stand supplemented.
CARRY NOTHING
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>