Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Excellent Map of the Hun Dominions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TheMysticNomad View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheMysticNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Excellent Map of the Hun Dominions
    Posted: 13-Mar-2008 at 09:04
Unify All Countries!
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2008 at 10:26
Hmmh. This doesn't seem logical. The areas of Baltic and Prussia were highly inaccessible with the Hun's preferred strategies. Plus, does this map indicate that the Hun rule was from BC XI to I?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2008 at 16:38
The huns neither stayed in one group at a time, nor held the entire Steppe nor half of Asia and half of Europe all at once. This is a terrible map. It is essentialy a map of where they all traversed, but not of Hun dominion.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2008 at 16:51
Appears to be one of those fantasy type of maps. Heck, in the first century Huns were not in Europe yet. Atilla wasn't even a wet dream.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2008 at 17:06
Originally posted by Seko

Atilla wasn't even a wet dream.

LOL
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2008 at 18:47
the Hun maps of europe were never really accurate, i have yet to see an even halfway accurate map of that at all.
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2008 at 19:01
Beauty but catastrophic map, i don't know where begin the critic.
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2008 at 01:06
Originally posted by TheMysticNomad

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Σαυρομάτης
Knight
Knight

Quote TheMysticNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2008 at 07:16
I'm glad the map made your day.  It made mine!Thumbs%20Up
Unify All Countries!
Xianpei View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Xianpei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2008 at 08:23
TheMysticNomad,

I noticed there is a sub-picture in the lower left hand side of the map, what would it be?  Can you just let me know?
Knight
Knight

Quote TheMysticNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2008 at 08:57

Hi, Xianpei-

I wish I could tell you what it was for sure; it's so hard to see.  What I can tell you is this: I found this map on a website which was showing maps of the various Turkic and Mongol empires.  In the lower left corner of each map was an example of artwork related to the particular empire depicted in each map.  I am assuming that this is an example of an artifact from the era of the Huns which is related to them in some way.  Here's the link:http://www.olloo.mn/pic/images/0601/image01.jpg

Unify All Countries!
Xianpei View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Xianpei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2008 at 09:52
Hi , The Mystic Nomad,
yes, got it.  I will go to the web site to browse for a while.   Thanks!
calvo View Drop Down
General
General

Quote calvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2008 at 20:54
Sorry to be blunt, but this map is pure wishful thinking.

What was the Hun Empire anyway?
The Xiongnu in Asia? Atilla's Empire in Europe? Or the Hephthalite Empire in the Near East?

When the Xiongnu were at their greatest extent they only included the area that is today Mongolia and Central Asia. They were later crushed by the Chinese and divided into several distinct tribes that migrated westwards and southwards. By that time the Xiongnu Empire as a single entity no longer existed.

Out of the siblings of the Xiongnu federation other independent tribes emerged: among them were probably the Huns, the Bulgars, the Khazars, the Hephthalites (debatable), and probably even the Gokturks.

Stictly, the term "Huns" apply strictly to those who had overrun Europe in the 5th century.
Bulgars, Khazars, and Onogurs were as descendants of the "Xiongnu" as Atilla's Huns were.
Knight
Knight

Quote TheMysticNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2008 at 08:01

Descendants of the Xiongnu continued to rule parts of N. China until the late 6th Century A.D.  They were not completely driven out of N. China.  This map seems to be referring to the period when the Northern branch of the Xiongnu made the initial push westward after being defeated by the Chinese.  Kama Tarkhan could have been Khagan at this time, though, unfortunately, we don't know for sure.  He could have been just a legendary ruler.  If he did exist, his realm could easily have included most of the area of the map. 

At the very least the map shows the greatest extent of the conquests of the various peoples known as Huns (Xiongnu, Hunas, Huns) at various times.  In that sense, the map is unquestionably valid, though the time frame given may be a little inaccurate.

Unify All Countries!
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2008 at 17:18
Originally posted by TheMysticNomad

peoples known as Huns (Xiongnu, Hunas, Huns) at various times.  In that sense, the map is unquestionably valid, though the time frame given may be a little inaccurate.

Severe inacuracies, look for example Europe wich is showed hunnic BC, when only four centuries later there are something similar to that.
Bleda the Hun king View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Bleda the Hun king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2008 at 08:27
Nice try at finding a decent msp LOL
Burned
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2008 at 03:04
You forget the special rule which applies to all Turkic peoples; as soon as one of them sets foot in a new area it should automatically be considered as conquered and turkified to the extent that the modern inhabitants all descend from Turks.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2008 at 21:39
i have experienced quite the difference. in fact Turks do not exist because all regions now inhabited by Turkic people have been occupied by other people before "who have just been tukified". that means Turks don't exist because they have no homeland as there is no region not previously inhabited by Turks alone... Wacko
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2008 at 01:00

Does a map that depicts the true domain of Attila even exist?

The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations.
Carpathian Wolf View Drop Down
General
General

BANNED

Quote Carpathian Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2008 at 03:02

It wasn't really a domain, more like "places where attila killed stuff, places where attila has not killed stuff, places where attilla will kill stuff etc" until the Romans with the Goths beat his ass like a cheap cross dressing piniata at a texan KKK meeting.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>