Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Synchronicity Experience or coincidence?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Synchronicity Experience or coincidence?
    Posted: 09-Mar-2008 at 02:40
Here's somthing that happned to me about 8 years ago. It divides opinion to this day.

I've had outlandish conicidence in my like. At the age of 18-19 while living with the wrinklies (the parents) I worked for a charity. The assistant manager live a couple of miles from us. After I left  never saw her again. Around 10 years later while living overseas I visited the parents for two weeks. On on friday walking near their home i bumped into her. Nothing strange about this. The next day I travelled five miles to a major market nearby and bumped into her again. Maybe 10,000 people at the market and I was there 30 mins. On the Sunday I went to a different town with a small market, there was an ambulance siren and the a crowd gathered, and i wound up standing next to her as a gathered to nose at the accident. Since then I've visited the parents on numerous occaisions but never met her..... Still I put this down to coincidence.

A while later I lived in Bangkok for 6 years. I had a Finnish friend who visited the country twice a year to buy silver which he took back to the UK where he lived and sold. He always stayed at the same place, the KCrazy guest house. (Still in the Lonely Planet today). Not the 5 story place it is now, back then only 10 wooden rooms and all regulars or long term residents. Nowdays it has a restarant, back then a plastic table 3 chairs, you grabbed beer bottles from the fridge and honestly told the owner later in the evening how many you had drunk.

The Finnish guy Ville left Brixton and is an Indi rock star in the US these days. But back then he was a drunk in Bangkok. As a silver trader he had the idea Maggie (Margaret Tatcher) had made him an urban peasant. Peasants own their business but live in poverty. While sitting in KC one afternoon drunk he had a brainwave. Creating a business in Bangkok where a he starts a Tuk Tuk business, but instead of using peasants from the northeast to drive the Tuk tuks as is normal. He hires white backpackers. On the principle the wealthy Bangkok Chinese would pay a fortune to be served by a westerner.

At that precise moment a guy in his late 30's, long mousy hair, wrinkly face and unwashed clothes walk in, he had an Austtralian accent. We instantly sat him down and told of our western tuk tuk driver scheme and told him we wanted to give him a job interview.

1st Question.

"Do you like Tuk tuks", he replied yes
"can you drive one?" he replied yes (surprise by us)
" would you like to drive one for a living " he replied yes
" we went errrr" he elaborated

My tuk tuk is outside. I just drove one across Europe. Now Singha beeer are sponsering me to drive one around the world.

Outside he showed us parked up, his tuk tuk, packed with camping, wife and dog.

So unwittingly at the precise moment of outr afternoon drunken conversation we bumped into the worlds only western tuk tul driver and the tried to interview him for the job of tuk tuk driver. 

So Syncronicity or coincidence?

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2008 at 13:39
What the hell is a tuk tuk?
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2008 at 18:39
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2008 at 13:38
1st question I had was Red Clays, very nice question and now that i know that i'll be able to move on!

I dont know honestly, is these types of things that happen alot that make me wonder often times. I believe that we humans have extremely advanced brains and that they subconciously effect those things around us. People have reports of telekenises and other strange mind-abilities that influence the world around them. I'm sure that it exists, it's just something not used.

I think things are more inter-connected than we realize and that we'll find out eventually exactly what happens. Although it's things like these that highly lead to a belief in God. Wink

Nice topic Paul!

Einstein said, "God does not play dice." He was right. God plays Scrabble. - Philip Gold
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2008 at 15:58
This ain't no story about a tuk tuk but it sure is some strange shit.

Greenbay Packers hall of fame quarterback: Bart Starr and retired quarterback Bret Favre (pronounced - 'far'). Sounds Similar!

Great Detroit running backs: Billy Sims and Barry Sanders. Both wore the number 20 on their jersey. Same initials for both names. Weird!

Back in college I had long term relationships with two women who were born on the same month and day (though different years). They also shared the exact same first and last name initials. Something going on here?

Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2008 at 12:56
Haha, wow man that having relationships with women that have the same B-day is kindu creepy...
Einstein said, "God does not play dice." He was right. God plays Scrabble. - Philip Gold
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2008 at 11:49
Originally posted by Seko

Back in college I had long term relationships with two women who were born on the same month and day (though different years). They also shared the exact same first and last name initials. Something going on here?
Depends very much on how many women you had relationships with. For the odds to be even that two will have the same birthday, you only need 27 (or is it 28). Cool

PS - you were in college long enough to have two long-term relationships? How long is long-term?
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2008 at 16:17

About a year and a half each gcle2003, not counting the other occassional flings both before and after. Embarrassed

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2008 at 11:40
Actually, on thinking about it I had two long-term relationships as an undergraduate too. However, one started before I went up (she threw me over a year later) and the other started after two years (and we ended up married).
 Post Reply Post Reply