Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The History of Bulgaria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 26272829>
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The History of Bulgaria
    Posted: 24-Apr-2008 at 20:15

I think "Vishnu/Vashna" means "Wish" in the Indo-European languages, of course in the ancient Persian cuneiform inscriptions, this word can be found just before "Ahuramazda" or "Baga" (God) and is translated as "by the favor of".

"Vashna Ahuramazdaha adam xshayathiya" (By the favor of Ahuramazda I am king), from the insciption of Arya-Ramnes, the most ancient Persian cuneiform inscription.

Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2008 at 20:35
Originally posted by Balkh-Aryan

Sarmat, our very relative languages (Bulgarian and Russian) are also very different, believe me. The grammar is not "a hollow word", it is a way of thinking, it is a construction of thinking. Russian and other Slavic languages are synthetic, Bulgarian is analytic. Some examples:

Engl.: "I want to eat the gherkin."
Bulg.: "AZ iskam da izyam krastawicata."
Russ.: "YA hochu _siest ogurec."

Engl.: "I am going-up the stairway."
Bulg.: "(AZ se) kachvam (se) po stulbata."
Russ.: "YA podnimayus po lestnice."

Engl.: "HE gives ME his (the)car."
Bulg.: "TOI MI dade kolata si."
Russ.: "ON dal MNE svoyu mashinu."

I           Az        Ya
You      Ti         Tii
He        Toi       On
She      Tya      Ona
It          To        Ono
We       Nie       Mii
You       Vie       Vii
They     Te        Oni

As Indo-European languages our languages are very simmilar.
 In 11th and 12th century You received a lot of Bulgarian words as a result of Chritianisation of Kiev Russ, and in 15th century again, when Bulgaria was conquered by the Ottomans and our holly priests Kiprian and Grigori Camblak became archybishops of Moskow Russ and Great Lithuanian Principality, bringing with their self a lot of Bulgarian books.
We received a lot of Slavic words first at the time of Christianisation (still unexplained), and after that in the time of our national revival (in 18th - 19th century), when we was searching for our old books in Russia, as we knew they are there. But we re-wrote them (because the most of our old books was anihilated) in already russificated form.
So, we both have a lot of common words, as sometimes they are Slavic, sometimes - Bulgarian, but in the base our languages have different origin, and they still are too different, even when we use Slavic words. In grammar our language is not just different than the Russian, but completely contrary of it.

Yes, Bulgarian grammar is much simpler than the grammar of other Slavic languages. Yet, it still preserves notable features of Slavic languages; and its particularlities can be explained by the "Balkanian language union." The examples you gave with the Bulgarian grammatical structure and even pronouns to some extent are similar, for example, to Romanian language. I would say it's the influence of the common Balkan language substratum, call it Balko-Thraco-Illirian if you will. You don't need to go to 'Balkh' to look there for the explanation.
 On the other hand Bulgarian language vocabularly is simply overwhelmingly Slavic, this is a fact.
Also note there are other examples when the interaction between grammatically quite difficult languages create a weird child in a form of analytical language. The best example is English.
A mixture of grammatically much tougher Anglo-Saxon and French created a cute child in a form of English language. English grammar is clearly an analytical one. Another example is the recent birth of Afrikaans the youngest IE language. Though it has it's root in Dutch language, it has evolved as the most analytical IE language now days.

So, upgrade your knowledge !  Smile
Σαυρομάτης
Balkh-Aryan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Balkh-Aryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2008 at 22:44
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

I think "Vishnu/Vashna" means "Wish" in the Indo-European languages, of course in the ancient Persian cuneiform inscriptions, this word can be found just before "Ahuramazda" or "Baga" (God) and is translated as "by the favor of".

"Vashna Ahuramazdaha adam xshayathiya" (By the favor of Ahuramazda I am king), from the insciption of Arya-Ramnes, the most ancient Persian cuneiform inscription.

Welcome to the topic! Smile We will wait for your contributions in our "burning" discussion.

UPDATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Earl
Earl

Quote Balkh-Aryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2008 at 22:50
Sarmat, when the half of lexical fond is non-Slavish, and the grammar is completely contrary than the Slavic one, I think You are too "brave" to recognize this language as a Slavic. Your examples are unusable, our language was analitic already in early medieval time.
...Smile so, can You recognize as "Slavic" and eventually translate the dialect phrases I quoted???
UPDATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Earl
Earl

Quote Balkh-Aryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2008 at 23:01
And, by the way, Sarmat, do the Scandinavian languages belongs to the Balkan language Group??? This languages also have a back-placed definite article. Also Armenian.
Joker. Smile
UPDATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Earl
Earl

Quote Balkh-Aryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2008 at 23:14
Oh, yes, I don't need to go to Balk. It came here. Actually, the languages of i.e. "mountain Tajiks" is very close to the Bulgarian dialects. In Pamir and Paropamiz never settled Slavs.
For example they may ask: "Тъ кой си?" (in Bulgarian language: "Ти кой си?"), and if they know You they will say: "'Зъ тъ познам." (in Bulgarian language: "Аз тъ познавам."). The question in English is: "Who are You?". The second phrase is: "I know You."
...Balk is so far...no one needs to go there. By no means. LOL
UPDATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2008 at 23:32

And, by the way, Sarmat, do the Scandinavian languages belongs to the Balkan language Group??? This languages also have a back-placed definite article. Also Armenian.
Joker. Smile

Why look at Scandinavian languages while Romanian has "a back-placed definite article" ? You know, some African languages also have it. Have you checked for Balk there yet? LOL
Σαυρομάτης
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2008 at 23:43

Sarmat, when the half of lexical fond is non-Slavish, and the grammar is completely contrary than the Slavic one, I think You are too "brave" to recognize this language as a Slavic. Your examples are unusable, our language was analitic already in early medieval time.
...Smile so, can You recognize as "Slavic" and eventually translate the dialect phrases I quoted???

Bulgarian lexical fond was more than 70% Slavic yesterday. Every serious source was saying  that.

Please tell us how you came to this great discovery? Give us a source Clap

Also I don't need to be brave.  for your information Bulgarian language has been for a long time and still IS RECOGNIZED SLAVIC .

Σαυρομάτης
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2008 at 23:47

Oh, yes, I don't need to go to Balk. It came here. Actually, the languages of i.e. "mountain Tajiks" is very close to the Bulgarian dialects. In Pamir and Paropamiz never settled Slavs.
For example they may ask: "Тъ кой си?" (in Bulgarian language: "Ти кой си?"), and if they know You they will say: "'Зъ тъ познам." (in Bulgarian language: "Аз тъ познавам."). The question in English is: "Who are You?". The second phrase is: "I know You."
...Balk is so far...no one needs to go there. By no means. LOL

Nope, Slavs didn't settle there. But Slavs for milleniums closely interacted with the speakers of Eastern branch of Iranian languages i.e. Skythians and Sarmatians and were influenced by them linguistically. For your information Slavic languages are closest to the Iranian languages among the Western Branch of Indo-European languages.

Even the Slavic word for God is Iranic. This tells a lot.

Upgrade your knowledge !
Σαυρομάτης
Earl
Earl

Quote Balkh-Aryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 07:45
Exactly about the Scytho-Sarmatian language and genetic influence on the Slavs I talk.
This explains also the spreading of R1 haplotipe in Middle Asia and define it as probably Scytho-Sarmatian and "inherited" by the Slavs, who was formed by the Scytho-Sarmatian groups predominantly. Even the Baltic sea was callen "Cimmerian sea" and "Sarmatian sea" in the past.
I see You love to debate. Smile
UPDATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 08:23

Exactly about the Scytho-Sarmatian language and genetic influence on the Slavs I talk.
This explains also the spreading of R1 haplotipe in Middle Asia and define it as probably Scytho-Sarmatian and "inherited" by the Slavs, who was formed by the Scytho-Sarmatian groups predominantly. Even the Baltic sea was callen "Cimmerian sea" and "Sarmatian sea" in the past.
I see You love to debate. Smile
Can you give a source for Cimmerian sea or Sarmatian sea, please
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 15:36
I'm afraid he confused Baltic Sea with Black. Smile
Σαυρομάτης
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 15:41

This explains also the spreading of R1 haplotipe in Middle Asia and define it as probably Scytho-Sarmatian and "inherited" by the Slavs, who was formed by the Scytho-Sarmatian groups predominantly.

Slavs were predominantly formed by Skytho-Sarmatians groups? Can you please clarify more on this interesting point?
Σαυρομάτης
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 21:07
Yes, Sarmat12, we're all Scythians. I am just talking with Cyrus about it. The Irish come from Spain and that is called Iberia and Iberia is in the Caucasus where the Scythians live. And the English are Scythians too. Sure you know the Sarmatian King Artus. And of course England is also called Albion. This comes from Albania and Albania is where? Yes, in the Caucasus. And there live Scythians. And the Franks are Scythians, the Saxons are Scythians, the Bavarians are Bulgarians and you know Bulgarians are Scythians. Oh, the Italians are Romans, Romans come from Troy, there live Hethites and Phrygians and they are - yes, Scythians. Cheers
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 21:21
Let us drink for the might of Skythians !!!
Cheers
Σαυρομάτης
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 21:36
Originally posted by Sarmat12

Nope, Slavs didn't settle there. But Slavs for milleniums closely interacted with the speakers of Eastern branch of Iranian languages i.e. Skythians and Sarmatians and were influenced by them linguistically. For your information Slavic languages are closest to the Iranian languages among the Western Branch of Indo-European languages.

Even the Slavic word for God is Iranic. This tells a lot.

Not only interacted but intermixed quite a lot.
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 21:45
Well, "interaction" is a very broad term. Wink

Edited by Sarmat12 - 25-Apr-2008 at 21:46
Σαυρομάτης
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 22:44
Originally posted by Sarmat12

Well, "interaction" is a very broad term. Wink

She advised me in refurbishment of my establishment LOL
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 23:02
LOL
Σαυρομάτης
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2008 at 08:42

ROLISTENEASNERENEATILTEANHSKOARAZEADOMEANTILEZUPTAMIHERAZHLTA
ROLISTENE - AS - NERENEA - TI - LTEA - NHSKO - A - RAZEA - DO - MEAN - TI - LEZU -  PTAMIHERAZHLTA

Ролистене, аз Неренеа ти, лтея ниско, а разеа до мен ти лежи, --------------.
Ролистене, аз, твоята Неренеа, тлея тук долу, а сразен до мен ти лежи(ш), -------------- .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 26272829>