Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you have a healthy outlook ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you have a healthy outlook ??
    Posted: 19-Mar-2008 at 21:47
Good idea. Ah, Romertopf cooking...excellent.

Stew is always good, too.

Back to the "healthy outlook" topic, what do people on this forum generally do for exercise? What kinds (if any) would you recommend? It seems like everyone says things like "eat healthily" or "exercise" without describing what THEY do to accomplish those goals. And defining what you do to exercise is (for most people) easier than saying what they eat, because a lot of people have a very varied diet...

I'll start--I take martial arts (currently aikido and karate, and hoping to add capoeira and parkour (not really a martial art but not a dance or a game either) to that this summer) and weight-lift.

Or, instead of that...

I think we may not be taking this topic in the spirit it was intended. We keep talking about how to stay healthy--but this topic is about healthy OUTLOOK. How do people here see the world? What's you philosophy of life? If you had to describe why you do what you do--not what you do, or what you like, or even what you're like--but what your motivation is, in a few words, what would you say?

Again, I'll start:

In four words:
Ambition, Justice, Wonder, Curiosity.

Edited by TheARRGH - 19-Mar-2008 at 23:41
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2008 at 22:08
I'm walking daily going from my part of town to the center mostly on foot (in last days even two times a day), is 3-4 kms and in the middle of night (2 or 3 AM) I made another walk of ~one hour arround a big park. I do this mostly for having a break in the study activity and I don't expect something from this physical exercise but walking is good for having your mind relaxed, many interesting thoughts are coming and is extremely pleasantful to be alone in a city where everybody sleep, islike you are the master of the world. Also, when I do trips in country I'm walking much, tens, even 50 kms in 2-3 days and is very pleasantful.

Also I have studied much anatomy of the locomotory system and of all the body and the consciousness of the body's parts is very helpful.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2008 at 19:40
wow this has really grown- be back when I have time for it.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Brian J Checco View Drop Down
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2008 at 20:54
Exercise? Hit the punching bag a few minutes a day, some push-ups, sit-ups seldom, vigorous lovemaking, lifting cigarettes and booze from table (or ashtray) to mouth, walking around campus, playing catch with baseballs and footballs, a run or hike around the lake (weather-permitting), etc. It's really just staying active. Life is motion- remain in motion, remain alive. 
My Name is Eli Manning. Ponce owns my soul.
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2008 at 02:08
Originally posted by Brian J Checco

Exercise? Hit the punching bag a few minutes a day, some push-ups, sit-ups seldom, vigorous lovemaking, lifting cigarettes and booze from table (or ashtray) to mouth, walking around campus, playing catch with baseballs and footballs, a run or hike around the lake (weather-permitting), etc. It's really just staying active. Life is motion- remain in motion, remain alive. 

An excellent philosophy, and one that I wish more people adopted...
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2008 at 15:16
Originally posted by Menumorut

I'm walking daily going from my part of town to the center mostly on foot (in last days even two times a day), is 3-4 kms and in the middle of night (2 or 3 AM) I made another walk of ~one hour arround a big park. I do this mostly for having a break in the study activity and I don't expect something from this physical exercise but walking is good for having your mind relaxed, many interesting thoughts are coming and is extremely pleasantful to be alone in a city where everybody sleep, islike you are the master of the world. Also, when I do trips in country I'm walking much, tens, even 50 kms in 2-3 days and is very pleasantful.
Walking daily in Bucharest? That's attempt to suicide, man! With the kind of traffic here I need to clean my intakes every 20 km.

Also I have studied much anatomy of the locomotory system and of all the body and the consciousness of the body's parts is very helpful.
You should also study some biochemistry. Your idea of vegetarianism is simply unnatural. You need substances called essential aminoacids and fats that your body can't produce. Some of them are found only in meat or other animal derived foods. Lack of them is causing bad things to your body. The lack of animal fats in a diet leads to brain malfunction. You need phospho- and lipoproteins or else your body will exhaust itself trying to produce them.
*You stated twice about being "vegan". I have a friend from Betelgeuse who would like to emigrate to Vega. What is he required to do?Tongue

Edited by Cezar - 21-Mar-2008 at 15:17
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2008 at 15:29
For exercise, I must emphasise that my own routine is half motivated by vanity, and half by genuine desire to be in top physical shape. It goes beyond simple desire for health, but into the desire for a physique I can show off when occasion permits.

I will typically run 5-7 KM, 2-3 times per week. This run should take roughly 23-30 minutes.
For gym I follow a purely weights routine, 5 days per week. This focuses only on the upper body and it covers all areas.
Also I don't drive, so walking and public transport make up a big part of my day. Walking as a means of transportation averages to about 60-70 minutes per day at brisk speed.
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2008 at 15:46
Originally posted by Cezar

You should also study some biochemistry. Your idea of vegetarianism is simply unnatural. You need substances called essential aminoacids and fats that your body can't produce. Some of them are found only in meat or other animal derived foods. Lack of them is causing bad things to your body. The lack of animal fats in a diet leads to brain malfunction. You need phospho- and lipoproteins or else your body will exhaust itself trying to produce them.

I have a 2 kgs book which I studied for hours.

*You stated twice about being "vegan". I have a friend from Betelgeuse who would like to emigrate to Vega. What is he required to do?

Means fully vegetarian, not lacto-vegetarian.

Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2008 at 16:12

Originally posted by Cezar

I have a 2 kgs book which I studied for hours.
Yeah, I know, the Bible. You should eat it as it's made of celulose and then start studying biochemistry. And eat some real food not vegetal stuff only.

*You stated twice about being "vegan". I have a friend from Betelgeuse who would like to emigrate to Vega. What is he required to do?
Means fully vegetarian, not lacto-vegetarian.
I got it, you're not fom the Milky Way.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2008 at 00:32
I am starting my running program again with all the fresh spring air. summer the air has been getting smokey from all the forest fires in BC Canada and Montana state so I stopped running last summer. I will go backpacking for spring break which is a nice way to get great exercise and commune with nature. We have many bears so at night I stress only a bit- lol!! The moose are much more dangerous anyway. I will do some tracking while I am out there and see how many species I can identify and watch out for the healty edible mushrooms common in our forests.

I get emails from the healthfreedom Foundation Network and it is scary to see that the government wants to take away these freedoms via the FDA who is influenced by the giant pharma industry.

Today's lunch - clove sprout salata (Turkish) with chopped up carrots, tomatos, feta cheese with Italian olive oil and vinager. Also, garlic and onion powder/lemon pepper. I prefer Greek olive oil but this was a better price.

Health istiyorum

http://ga4.org/campaign/dont_nuke_supplements
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2008 at 02:45
I just had a beautiful pre-Easter dinner of two spring chickens roasted in olive oil with rosemary, lemon juice, paprika and curry; garlic and olive oil green beans with toasted almonds; red peppers sauteed in raspberry vinaigarette with walnuts and chives; red rice with beans and cayenne pepper; a garden salad with hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, lettuce, mushrooms, celery and balsamic oil & vinegar dressing- washed down with copious quantities of red wine and a cup of coffee, and poundcake topped with peaches and fresh raspberries.

That's a healthy meal of champions right there. And, since it's a saturday night and lovely here in Washington DC, I'm going to out drinking and dancing until 3 in the morning to burn off those calories, and hopefully burn off some more later if I meet a nice girl or two.

Tell me that ain't healthy living, and I'll tell you to get your head checked.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2008 at 03:38
Ok,  but surely you can't really call it a curry, cos you wimped out by not adding a half a dzen hottest chile peppers.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2008 at 11:51

That's a healthy meal of champions right there. And, since it's a saturday night and lovely here in Washington DC, I'm going to out drinking and dancing until 3 in the morning to burn off those calories, and hopefully burn off some more later if I meet a nice girl or two.Tell me that ain't healthy living, and I'll tell you to get your head checked.

You sound frustrated and have a childish terribilism.

Even would be true whast you sayed, ofcourse is not healthy and is boring.

Edited by Menumorut - 23-Mar-2008 at 12:37

TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2008 at 19:40

I'm nowhere near a moderator, but I still have to ask that we try to refrain from calling people childish or so forth. Different people have different opinions and lifestyles, and you don't get anywhere by telling people what they're doing isn't a good idea unless they have a deep enough respect for you in the first place to really listen to you without any irritation.

back to topic...Anyone else here do martial arts? I feel in the minority.

General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2008 at 20:05

That's a healthy meal of champions right there. And, since it's a saturday night and lovely here in Washington DC, I'm going to out drinking and dancing until 3 in the morning to burn off those calories, and hopefully burn off some more later if I meet a nice girl or two.Tell me that ain't healthy living, and I'll tell you to get your head checked.

You're the one with illogical fantasies of immortality and I'm the one being childish?

Go back and play with the elves, Frodo. Middle Earth is off exit 19 on the parkway through reality...

Geek
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2008 at 21:00

...boy do i wish i had a "childish terribilism".....Cry....
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 10:53

Sounds like he is living. Why stay alive if you don't live? Do you really want to be old, lying on your deathbed and realize you spent your whole life trying to survive by eating grass and plants?

A "healthy" life style, as advertised by the companies making huge amounts of money on "health" products, won't give you immortality or even a guarantee of long life. One of the oldest men in the world, a Japanese, was asked what he had done to live more than a century. It turned out he had spent the last two-three decades eating pizza, drinking beer and watching TV all day.
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 11:00
I'm eating what I like. I cann't support even the smell of meat, eggs etc.

If I would eat a small piece, one or two days I would feel so bad that I couldn't do something.

As I sayed on another topic on this forum, I want to remain young for ever, not to get old, and ofcourse not to die. But I don't consider there is a relation between diete and immortality.

Edited by Menumorut - 25-Mar-2008 at 11:00

Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2008 at 12:42

I'm eating what I like. I cann't support even the smell of meat, eggs etc.

If I would eat a small piece, one or two days I would feel so bad that I couldn't do something.
That might suggest that you have a health problem. You should go to a doctor. If you like, I can direct you to a good one. Just pm me.

As I sayed on another topic on this forum, I want to remain young for ever, not to get old, and ofcourse not to die. But I don't consider there is a relation between diete and immortality.
No diet can guarantee immortality. If you mean spiritual immortality, or immortality of your soul, that's another thing.
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2008 at 19:05

I don't have ANY health problem, there is nobody as healthy as me and nobody is feeling bodily as well as me.

So, if you want go to doctor, go for yourself. By the way, I have several doctors in my family if I would needed some advices I would asked them.

I reccomend you start study medicine and biology on your own and stop going to doctor as to a sorcerer who pretend have some powers common people haven't.

Edited by Menumorut - 26-Mar-2008 at 19:05

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>